Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

Wow. Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! Thought I had....

Anyway, this is an aMAZing eyeliner. I can never do liquid liners quite right, but with a thin artist's brush (from a craft store!) and a drop of water, this stuff cannot be beat.

However, I use it every day with a small, tiny-tiny clinique brush I accidentally kept from something else by rubbing the brush back and forth DRY in the cake liner and then on my lids. It's a much softer look, which I need being super fair and blonde. The black liquid version of this is great, but not for daily wear. I love both options, though. I love this product so much, in fact, I just ordered the Eggplant version of this and will review it soon. Note - you can buy the Professional size of the black and brown cake liners for like 8 bucks and I feel confident it will truly last you years.

on 11/15/2007 5:48:00 PM

Great basic eyeliner. I wear liquid eyeliner pretty much daily, I have tried several brands and this is hands down the best of the ones that are available to me. I like my liner very liquid, so cake liners are practical to me, but other cake liners I've tried dry very matte, or a greyish off-black. This one, when used with Ben Nye LiquiSet, produces a true black line with a slight sheen to the surface that I like, and it stands up to long days (12+ hours) without smudging, running, crumbling or disappearing, and unlike a few liners I've tried, this one doesn't irritate my eyes in the least.

The price is hard to beat. I payed about 16$ for the cake eyeliner and LiquiSet, and both will last me for well over a year with daily use.

Excellent product, overall - money well invested. The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is that it isn't waterproof; but it doesn't claim to be, anyway.