MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Sable (Frost)

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Sable (Frost)
Eye Shadow - Sable (Frost)Eye Shadow - Sable (Frost)MAC e/s in SableMac Sable EyeshadowMAC

4.6

on 12/7/2018 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

What I like most about Sable is the intense pigmentation, smooth application and shiny finish which isn't glittery. The thing is that swatched it look more pink on my hand while on the eyelid where basically translates as a deeper version of All that glitters. Lasts long over TFSI though and doesn't crease. Not what I wanted but a good eyeshadow overall.

on 10/19/2018 7:48:00 PM

c2 nc20

I was on the hunt for a naked 3 palette dupes for some of the shadows. I saw on a blog post that all that glitters, sable, twinks and satin taupe were the dupes so i decided to make my own palette.

I pair sable with all that glitters or patina on the lid and sable in the outer half of my eyes. (sable brings out the pink iridecent shimmers out of both of the shadows mentioned)
sable is very soft, rosey n sophisticated.
It blends beautifully and not too frosty (even though it is a frost finish)
Its not too dark nor light, its a perfect brown with shimmer that leans rosey toned
This is my go to when i want a mauvey pink look. For cooler look id go with satin taupe.
sable is satin taupes cousin with less grey and less purple.
I do like satin taupe a bit better because the red in sable makes my eyes look irritated at times. This is the reason why i dont like the popular shade "Haux" they are both a bit red and i get the swollen eye effect
i wont be repurchasing sable. I guess i am not into frosty or shimmery eyeshadows like i was before. Ive grown out of them. its not a must have but its a beautiful shade.

My hg eyeshadows by mac would be
Brule, Soba, Cork, Texture, Brown Script , Embark and Ricepaper

on 3/1/2018 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite for doing one shadow looks. I apply on lid and blend out on to crease. It is a look I don't have to think about and apply mascara and done. It is richly pigmented, but if applied with a blending brush can be a nice wash of color. I have no fall out, but be careful depending on skin tone can look muddy or make you look like you have irritated eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great texture, longevity/wear, and v finely milled. Colour needs to be used alongside others, not a single lid colour or you could risk looking like your lids are just irritated. (If you have olive skin or cool, dark, maybe not. I know This is used on Shakira, with shimmery blacks eg Black Tied, Nars Night clubbing-
idk if her skin is classed as olive?)

This all over with Tempting on the lid and Rich COre to shade the crease, is heavenly! You need to find the right shades to pair it with. I didn't particularly like it, before getting to this combo.
I haven't tried this with MAC Vanilla pigment but Tanya burr had an old (deleted) video with just Sable/Vanilla pigment, and it looked amazing. Worth a try.

on 2/13/2017 10:10:00 AM

I was searching for something that would really bring out my brown eyes, one-and-done-ish but also a shade that could be easily incorporated with my other eyeshadows if I wanted to. I've been really...disillusioned (a bit dramatic, just go with it) with eye makeup lately. I haven't found anything I truly loved, quality-wise yes, but also anything I've been doing to my eyes is either weirdly aging or doesn't fit in with my current aesthetic (minimal gypsy witch with a splash of pinup if I'm feeling it). So I've been really simplifying things and focusing on skin/cheeks/highlight. Yet I pined away for my long lost eyeshadow love, gazing daily at my scads of palettes and singles and obscenely clean brushes. (Look, I said I was feeling dramatic.) And so I hit up MAC, as I am wont to do. I debated (heavily, with both myself and the SA) between Sable and Woodwinked, and eventually went with Sable. (I plan on going back for Woodwinked, natch.)

Sable is a frost, a reddish brown bronze (with perhaps a slight tinge of purple?) that for some reason isn't too warm on my cool-ish winter light olive skintone. It does extremely nice things to my eyes, making them look lustrous and deep. I've been favoring it on its own, with some black liner on the waterline and a ton of black mascara, but this is a versatile shade and I'll soon branch out. The frost is beautiful, not patchy. There is absolutely no fallout, which is miraculous and something I had forgotten even exists. It wears all day with primer, but I prefer the way it looks without it - some wear time is sacrificed, but it melts into the skin, fading slightly into a lovely shadowy sheen. It's definitely very minimal gypsy witch.

I've had a lot of MAC shadows I've genuinely adored over the years, but lately (as I'm sure you know) it's been tough to go the singles route since palettes are so eye-catching and overall a better bargain. That is, if every shade works for you. But I'm kind of over palettes and want to work on curating a perfect collection for my specific needs, and while MAC shadows can definitely be hit or miss, I really must recommend the hits - they're glorious. Sable is a beautiful product and I will now embark on my new makeup journey...wish me well...adios my friends. Thank you for reading.

on 10/21/2016 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Stunning in the pan and on the lids, plus it really brings out my brown eyes. Perfect for the fall as well. I'm so glad I took a chance on this shade. I was eyeing so many others lol.

I got this recently & today Ive been wearing it with my Sephora Blockbuster (2016) palette lately. I like to put a peach on the lid, Sable in the crease, a cream in the inner corner/hi-lite, w black eyeliner top lashline & 1/3 outer lash like below lashline then MAC fascinating in the waterline (white liner) w black mascara. I smoke out the liner so it's not precise or another way to wear it is on the lid/in the crease w teal eyeliner on the bottom line as a pop of color. Or u can wear it in the crease alone w brown eyeliner or black eyeliner, u can wear this as an eyeliner rimming your lids, just so many ways to wear this. It's so versatile. It really brings out grey eyes. It is a brown w purple & fleck of red. Stila kitten or MAC All That Glitters are good lid colors w Sable in the crease. I would rebuy. #winning #looksgoodoneveryone

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So glad the SA recommended this to me!! This is the best one & done eye ever! This plus mascara equals perfect day eye for me. My dark green/hazel eyes just pop with color. My other favorite is Satin Taupe - if you like that one try this out.

It|s a frosty pinkish bronze colour. Not glittery, doesn't fall. Good pigmentation and blendability.

on 3/2/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Stunning. I can see why this shadow gets some of the highest reviews. Perfectly pigmented and creamy plummy reddish bronze with plenty of dimensional sheen. The frost allows it to be worn on the lid without looking too dark, but it is also lovely as a crease color. On lazy days, I apply this from my lid into my crease, and it's still gorgeous. I have this color as well as Twinks. Twinks is similiar, but the the finish makes it darker, less red, and less frosty. IMO, Twinks makes a better crease color and Sable makes a better lid color. I do love both.