MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Kitschmas
MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.5

on 8/13/2007 4:24:00 PM

One of the original pigments that cause mayhem and $100s of dollars duplicating it on eBay. Is it worth it? Personally I think the colour is gorgeous but the actual pigment itself is flakey... literally.

I'm a NC30, dark hair and eyes and though I can pretty much wear any pigment colour, I don't wear this one very often because of the quality. Most pigments fall into one of two category... very smooth highly pigment finely milled or super shimmery, pigment but very flakely texture. Rose and Kitschmas fall into this category. You literally have to pat the pigment onto your skin to go on. It's not one where you can use a brush to place onto the skin.

The colour though is quite pretty... a light silvery lilac with high shimmer. It's very pretty just a bit of a paint to use.

This is a pretty very very light pinky purple, very sparkly. Applied it looks like a muted mica sparkle, with a teeny hint of lilac purple. (Muted in the sense that it blends better with skin tone than stark white like Frost, Kitschmas is plenty shimmery). I've heard others say the new version is slightly different than the old, so I figured it deserved a seperate review thread. It is one I use fairly often, but it's kind of... blah. I'd never wear it by itself unless I wanted a really basic simple eye- the color is almost nonexistant on my skin (which is really, really pale; things look quite bright on me usually). So anyway, I use this paired with darker purples like Deep Purple pigment, BE Glimmer in Emotion, Grape pigment, and TwistedFayte.com purple eye spices. Kitschmas blends so nicely into darker colors, and has just a hint of lilac, it looks really nice with the more vivid, darker purples. Great highlighter too. All in all, while I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it, it's not that exciting all by itself. Hopefully someone will be able to compare the new version with the old here. continued >>