MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an absolute pain to apply as it's really chunky, but the colour is gorgeous. I rarely use this as an eyeshadow because I don't think it suits me no matter how I apply it and what colours I try to wear it with.

Instead I mixed this with a clear nail polish and got an absolutely beautiful colour. The colour in the bottle was pretty much the colour of the pigment but it took me, if I remember correctly, eight coats to get the bottle colour, but this is probably because of the polish, not the pigment. But one or two coats would give you a really nice colour too.

I love Kitschmas! Yes, it is chunky and glittery, which makes it harder to apply than other MAC pigments. But I love the color so much that it's a regular go to shadow for nights out on the town. I'm a huge fan of pinks and purples, which is probably why I wear it a lot when I go out, and I love to pair it with Pinked Mauve in the crease. Gorgeous!! It is NOT suitable for work, which is why I've barely made a dent. I doubt I'll repurchase because it'll probably take me a lifetime to get through it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Nice sheer color on me. It gives a hint of color to the eyes. On days when I'm lazy but don't want to do too much, I put this on with eyeliner and i'm good for the day.

on 5/17/2009 5:54:00 PM

Love this pigment! This is my fav pigment shade out there!
Packaging is the same as always, so not great nor bad. This colour payoff is so pretty! Can work with most other shades, I love it with coppering eyeshadow or violet pigment when I am doing a 'out there' look. the fallout is a bit annoying, but thats easily sorted by using a primer such as ud primer potion, Or wet tissue paper under the eye when applying it.
Will definatly buy this again!

on 5/21/2006 3:20:00 PM

This is a pretty color..but the downside is you need a primer or something substantial as a base to get this color to look like it does in the bottle on your eyelids. It can be a good color to blend with others, it can be good for highlighting as well. It goes on really smoothly though and it will last all day. I really do like this color I just wish it was a bit deeper.

on 2/5/2006 4:34:00 PM

I'm surprised at many of the reviews here that say they can hardly get Kitschmas to show up, I find that I have to use a very light hand or it shows up a little too well!! Kitschmas is one of my all time favorite pigments and I was so glad when they re-relased it and I got the chance to get a full size jar. All brown eyed girls should give this color a try, it makes my eyes pop like nothing else I've ever used. My favorite way to wear it is wet dabbed in the corner of my inner eyelids, it gives me a wide doe-eyed effect that is very pretty. It works great with darker purples or other colors when used as a wash. Give it a chance!

on 1/2/2006 2:51:00 PM

Love this pigment! I was so happy when MAC re-released this, because I had to find out what all the hype was about. While I would not have paid crazy ebay prices for this, I am glad that I did eventually get it. It's a really frosty, shimmery lilac color that is perfect for anyone who loves to wear purple shadows. It looks great on its own, but is also works well as a wash for brighter purple colors. I love to wear this with Grape pigment, the contrast between light and dark purple works really well. A photo of me with Kitchmas as a wash continued >>

on 6/8/2005 11:00:00 PM

Love the price for what you get with this product. It's going to last you a long time!! It's a nice lilac silvery colour similar to Annabelle's eyeshadaw called "Aura." Practically idential in colour. I use Annabelle's Aura and then put a bit of Kitschmas on top.

My two pet hate pigments are All girl and this. They do nothing for me at all. Sorry guys.

on 4/23/2005 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty light silvery lavendar color. It is well pigmented but quite pale when applied so it is perfect when you are looking for some subtle lavendar/silvery color. It isn't chunky in texture and so it applies smoothly. As a result of the color and texture this can be used for a number of applications including e/s, n/p, & l/g. (I am not familiar with the original Kitschmas so I can't compare the re-release to that one.)