L'Oreal Glam Shine - Muse

L'Oreal Glam Shine - Muse

4.3

on 9/15/2010 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

You ladies better stop complaining about the "high" price, as we pay about 15 $ for this in Switzerland, so youre still better off than we are =D

I cant say that the name "muse" didnt play a big rolle. Its my favourite band for about 7 years after all and a close friend of mine calls me "muse" too. So this was literally calling my name =D Anyway, its a nice colour for my cool-toned complexion and I like to use it on days, where I feel like I need a gloss with glitter, which is rarely the case, as I prefer the sheerones with a discreet glow (like the Dior Ultra Gloss "Glow" - lip glosses). But all in all, this is a nice colour for my complexion and a "good to have"-gloss in my stash but nothig special after all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have the Glam Shine gloss in Muse, and I really love it. I layer it over a base lipstick and it gives off all kinds of sparkle and a deeper pink/lilac hue. I also like the longer doefoot applicator so you can swipe your whole lip if you want...sometimes the standard doefoot applicators make it so you have to do two swipes for your bottom lip. The consistency of this is thinner than most glosses, closer to a liquid, but it's not a long-stay formula. The original price of this was ridiculous, I think...I bought it on sale at a drugstore, so it was a lot cheaper for me. Love this!

on 3/12/2006 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The concept of this lipgloss is amazing and the brush & packaging is the best I have ever seen BUT the actual formula is goopy and looks like you poured a container of sparkles all over your lips. Gross purple color too. Not natural at all. Maybe other colors are better?

on 5/22/2006 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a lavender pink with silver sparkles, more on the cool side, but it looks good on my naturally tan skin (yellow undertones, black hair, green eyes). The packaging is relatively small, price a little expensive for a drugstore brand ($9), lasting power very short (like most glosses), and artificial sweet smell (more detailed general description on my Diva review).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I own so many shades of L'Oreal Glam Shine that it actually dominates my makeup bag. Muse is one that I saw in the tester and it was always sold out everywhere so I drove around for months until I eventually found it. I didn't try the tester because makeup testers disgust me so imagine how disappointed I was that this colour doesn't work with my skin. I have very pale skin with pink and yellow undertones and I have dark hair and hazel eyes. My lips are naturally quite a dark red and I find when I have this colour on it washes out my whole face. It's too bad because it's such a pretty colour.

on 4/12/2010 2:46:00 PM

Paid $1.00 for a product that was normally $9.49 so while I can't gripe too much I am not a fan of this color.

Muse is a frosty lilac with pink/mauve traces. I have no issue with the glittery shine (not too garish) or the consistency (not too gritty IMO) or the smell (mild). However, the color is not too pigmented. Just enough to give you frosty purple lips. I also think the size of the gloss and the original price are outrageous!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I adore all these lip glosses, they are some of the best ever. Muse is a very pretty pinkish with some very subtle beige undertones, very interesting and practical shade for just about anyone, except those with very dark complexions. Stays on well, plumps the lips and really really shines, you might say that this is quite glam?? Would def. buy again.

on 5/5/2005 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This colour looks beautiful on my fair, skin w/ golden undertones...it's not too pink which always looks too barbie on me, this is a nice mauvey-pink. I like the glitters, sometimes they can feel a bit gritty, but maybe that's just because my gloss is running out and theres not much gloss left...but a non-glittery version would be nice too. I would definitely buy this again.

on 7/23/2005 8:30:00 AM

One of the best lip glosses i've ever tried. Nice neutral pink, shimmery and makes your lips look plumped! Love it! Application is 10/10, colour:10/10, wear:7/10, stickiness: 0/10, (goes on smooth and stays that way, no lips that stick together, which happens with a few glosses.) The only flaw is it doesnt last that long and sometimes you can have just glittery bits on the lips, but itz nothing that another application wont fix! Definitely will continue buying it!

on 3/10/2006 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

this is a lilac-pink lipgloss, looks pretty in the tube but is too cool-toned for my asian skin. it actually gives me lilac lips lol... maybe good for some who wanna acheive that color ^^. again, this has glitter and shimmer, a tad gritty but its not that bad, and bearable. no awful scent, tasteless, but hard to use for everyday wear and versatility.