New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

3.6

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 12/29/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

After several months of using this product in the spring, summer, fall and winter, I have found this is a great bronzer for the summer month's, when I have a tan. For the record, I have light olive skin that tans with no burning during the summer to a medium warm olive tone.

Method of Application: Spa Resource Pro-Series Stipple Brush

Packaging:

Very generous pan size, I have been using this on and off (approximately twice a week) since April and have only just hit a very small amount of pan (lots of product left). my only beef with the packaging is that due to the plastic that the mirror and lid will break off over time. Thinking that I may try to depot this and put it into a z pallet if possible.

Color/Tone:

Here this is my 50/50 situation with this product. The color is not too orange and makes a great bronzer during the spring/summer. This is a matte product. When I am at my darkest this can almost be a too light, so I do need to build up the color. I do love this for its intended use as a bronzer during the summer, however, I find that once my tan is gone this bronzer pull too much orange/red tones on my skin. This may just be me, As do tend to experience a fair bit of redness during the cooler months. This product is defiantly a bronzer, and unless it is the summer, I find the tones in the product make it far too warm toned to contour with, particularly during the winter when I am at my lightest. I can sometimes get away with using this as a light contour during the summer when I have a tan.

Lasting power:

This powder lasts fairly well on my skin throughout the day, however, I will often touch up at the 6 hour mark, but even without the touch up, this bronzer still lasts on the skin will.

Would I buy again?

Yes I would, during the spring and summer months. I do love the shade of this for a bronzer or a light contour during the summer, however, the color is not as well sutited for me during the months when I am lighter. For you are someone with naturally tanned skin, this may work for you as a bronzer throughout the year. As the color is no longer working for me, I am on hunt the for a more neutral toned powder to contour with during the winter and will pick this up again in the spring/summer.

on 2/1/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This bronzer did not work for me at all. For reference, i have light olive/warm skin (i'm half Asian),combination skin leaning towards dry. It turns orange on me immediately, and is also somewhat patchy on application. I'm sure if you're cool-toned, this would probably work. It is matte with no sparkle, so I guess that's a plus (don't find many drugstore bronzers like that).

on 12/17/2013 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

All time favorite. Always have a back up ready. Lots of product in this tiny tin. Works we'll with all skin tones.

on 11/12/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is hands down one of the best bronzers I have ever used.
The price is insane, I believe I got this for $3 cdn.
I take my ELF contour brush and dip this in and use it to contour my cheeks and around my forehead.
The only downside I have is that I have to use a lot of product so that it shows up on my face.
I would repurchase this because I find it's the best bronzer (so far) out there for me and I love how it makes my skin glow.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

ORANGE!!! It was fine when I first got it but two months later...orange. that sucks

on 8/1/2012 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like to use this with more luminous foundations. It looks really natural and adds some color to my face. You can't beat the price, either.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ok to start off I think the price is amazing its about 3 dollars at the drugstore. I see why many fair skinned girls love this bronzer but they are the only ones who can really use it. I am latina and I have medium/tan skin with yellow in it. This bronzer really doesn't show up on me at all. So what I use it for is a setting powder. I have a Maybelline Smooth Mousse foundation that is slightly lighter than me....not really noticeable so I use this bronzer on a blush brush or kabuki around my face to give a little color. Then my skin is perfect...if they had a darker bronzer I would buy it. So this one I might not repurchase but it is a great product for the price.

on 6/13/2010 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is hands down my favorite drug store bronzer.
At first i was leery because it was so cheap but i was recommended it and i loved it.

on 5/11/2009 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I liked this product since it doesn't have any sparles in it, like most bronzers. It is also pretty cheap. It gives me a nice sunkissed glow on my pale freckly skin. Oh and the packaging is so cute with the little sun!

The only thing that I didn't like is that it isn't really the lightest product and can make your face feel heavy if you use a lot.