MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Espresso

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Espresso
bisque & espressoMAC: Bisque, Espresso, GAT / NARS: Deep Tmac espressoMAC Espresso Eye ShadowMAC e/s

4.5

on 12/17/2018 5:24:00 PM

I got this eyeshadow as a gift with purchase but i wouldnt repurchase. I actually use Espresso more for the tail of my eyebrows. I have dark brown almost black hair but my hair has a bit of warmth in the sun. I dont know if i love this as an eyeshadow because it is a drier type of formula. Its not the easiest to blend but for the brows its better. Espresso is pigmented but hard to work with. It is still good, just not a must have since i rarely use this as an eyeshadow. I rather use Embark for a smokey eye or to darken the outter v. I am C1 Nc20. Anything too cool will make me look ashy and dirty. This is just "okay" in my book but for brows its great. This is not terrible but its not great. Its a so so eyeshadow. For 7 dollars its a good price.

Edit- I gave this away, i starting using Embark for the tail of the brows and it works just as well if not better.

on 5/9/2017 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Excellent as a brow filler- I've used this for years. Darker but still brown colour. Blends really well. Versatile shadow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I have a medium/tan complexion and my hair is a medium reddish brown. I personally don't like the 'fleek' or harsh look on my own face as I have a baby face and this on my brows is PERFECT!!! I first came across this when I had ran out of what I was using on my brows when I was 15 (I can't remember what it was a generic dark brown in a random eyeshadow palette) so I was desperate and the lady at the MAC counter recommended this. When I got home I tried it and honestly its great, lasts all day I've had it for over two years and barely made a dent in it! Would 100% repurchase (if I ever need to!)

on 3/3/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this hoping I could use it as both a brow filler and crease color. It was a bit too warm for my very cool brows. It's a nice, staple color to use in the crease, but I had difficulty blending it. I returned this and got Concrete for my brows (similar in depth, but cooler) and Cork as a medium golden brown crease color (it's a bit lighter and more golden brown than Espresso, so you can have more control over building it). I can see why Espresso would be a work horse as a liner, crease color, outer V color, and brow filler.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use this to deepen my makeup look. It's gorgeous with amazing pay off. I don't use it everyday, I normally just use my MAC Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow in the crease, but some days when I want a darker look I'll apply this to the outer corners. It's not so dramatic but you can build it up in a really intense smokey eye. Completely matte. I would really recommend using this for everyday if you like a smokey eye. Totally worth it! I have this in a palette with brûlée, soft brown and Swiss chocolate and it's my go-to palette. Try it!

on 8/30/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my go to eyebrow product if I'm not using Makeup Academy eye shadow in Chestnut. MAC describes this as a 'Golden Brown' I'd say ditto. The pigmentation isn't bad, but since I use it for my eyebrows, the intensity isn't really a key factor for this eyeshadow.

on 8/30/2014 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this along with Cranberry as my first Mac shadows. Its a medium basic matte brown that has great pigmentation and staying power.

I really loveee using this for defining my crease. Its also very flattering on me all over the lid.

Also, it matches my eyebrows perfectly. I'm not much of a brow person, but its the only thing I use now for when I do my brows.

Great multitasking product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I use this for my eyebrow and it does a decent job. Its one of the few matte eyeshadows works for me.

on 11/7/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Basic matte dark brown. I use this all the time in my crease and outer corner. It's really pigmented and blendable. Just a staple product to have

on 10/29/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great color for a natural smokey eye (at least it is for my hazel eyes). I like using this instead of eyeliner, it gives me a natural soft look...