Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

3.0

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 12%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

i bought the because i need a sunblock for face and the fact that it said oil-free attracted my to it.this is horrible it's very gresy and leaves my face to shiny the only time i use it is in the winter when my skin gets extra dry and starts to peel.i was so disappointed in this.

on 3/30/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ick. Even though oil-free, it made my skin a greasy mess.

what a waste of time! I'm a mom of toddlers and I love using a moisturizer with spf. it cuts down on the time I take getting ready. I wsa at the drugstore and they were out of the spf30 one and I thought of well spf45 will just protect me longer right? ugh! my t zone was an oil slick! it clogged my pores and on top of that the suncreen is not stable!!! this one has gone into my trash and I will not be buying again. I currently use the biore spf30 mois and its wonderful.

This is a horrible product. Is there silicone in this? It is so greasy, and floated into my eyes. My eyes are still irritated 2 days later. It is hard to wash off. And the topper, I got a pretty nasty sunburn. I will stick to Coppertone, or Banana Boat. New is not always better.

on 6/10/2006 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all this sunscreen makes me SO greasy. I look like I just rubbed oil into my face. Yuck. Also it made my skin irritated when I put it on. Plus it irritatied me a lot more when I went into a pool with it on. It made my eyes sting really bad. I have semi sensitive skin and this product was not for me.

on 9/22/2005 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff made me break out. Oil-free it says, but it feels gross. This is one of the few products I truly hate. And like most Neutrogena stuff, it stinks.

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this stuff. My skin isn't normally particularily sensitive, but after using this sunscreen I got hives all over my body, redness, terrible itching, all of which lasted for about three days after I used it. I would NOT recommend it to ANYONE. I can't comment on the effectiveness because I can't tell if my skin is red from sunburn or still red from the hives. Plus it's INCREDIBLY greasy. Okay my skin isn't breaking out-- but oil-free? Are you f-ing kidding me? My face has never been as oily as this stuff made it. Ugh. Worst sunscreen ever. I only bought it because it was on sale-- that'll teach me, I guess.

on 8/16/2005 10:58:00 PM

Oh man, this sunscreen turns me into a greasemonster! It's sooo bad. It even makes the skin on my arms all shiny and sticky looking. It takes forever for your skin to absorb this stuff so you have to wait a while to put on make-up. It also has a really strong "sunscreen'' fragrance that I just don't like. I mean, people don't need to be smelling sunscreen on me. It's just not necessary.

on 11/15/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This sunscreen is...mah. It doesn't break me out, so good on them, but it doesn't really seem to protect me from the sun, either. With most sunscreens, I seem to be able to stretch out reapplying time to once every three or so hours, but with this, I'm burned within 90 minutes. Overall, it won't clog your pores, as promised, but an SPF of 45 seems a little excessive.

My skin type: Combo & mild sensitivity. I got the Target alternative.

~Pros:
SPF 45 (enough for me=])
Less is more!(dot size is enough)
Cheap(around 7$-10$)
Absorbs fast
Squeeze tube

~Cons:
If used to much, it can be greasy/oily
Doesn't last very long(4-5 hours)/needs to be set with powder
Sunscreen smell(not to bad)
Chemical sunscreen
Gave me a rash on my face