Diptyque Philosykos

Diptyque Philosykos

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Figgy and clean, yet not too fruity. I wasn't a fan at first, but this is the kind of scent that grows on you.

I'm a big fan of unisex / genderneutral fragrances, and this definitely qualifies. Both my boyfriend and I wear it, in fact we tend to fight for it in the morning. Dyptique categorise the scent as "woody", and it is, but I would add it verges on herbal, too. I don't reach for it every day, but wear it when I feel like something that's neither sweet nor musky.

This is one of my two favourite Dyptique fragrance - I'm also a big fan of Tam Dao, but this one is less sweet.

on 7/30/2016 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Beautiful. Gives off the entire fig tree, from its sharp bark and leaves to its succulent fruit. But it has absolutely no longevity or sillage that lasts longer than several minutes (perhaps the EdP is different). In fact, if I am wearing it to seduce someone, I apply it immediately before the encounter, and make my move once it's at its peak. To maximize its longevity, I layer it with its corresponding cream or over another fig-laden scent, such as my beloved and highly rationed Cielo Napa Valley or L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuier Extreme. But I save that combination for someone really special...

I would bathe in this if I could!

To Read all 185 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

With all the rave reviews for this fragrance I thought I'd try it. I tested this in store and was immediately struck by deja vu. I couldn't immediately place the scent though. I've spent all night sniffing my arm and it's finally come to me.... The dry down smells just like the Mecca It's a pushover cuticle balm. I have a tub of cuticle cream that's several year old and they're not identical but very similar. The fragrance isn't my cup of tea but I can see why people like it.

It's a gentle, clean, crisp fragrance with a woodsy and slightly medicinal quality. I like it but not on me.

Creamy, mildly coconutty, clean. It smells very natural, as if it's your natural scent, wears close to the skin. Nice and fresh so more of a summer fragrance. Longetivity isn't great but it's not terrible either but then it's different for everyone! I find it lasts longer on your clothes as well so just make sure you get some on your top.

on 12/21/2014 11:00:00 AM

If this perfume would last longer on me than 30 mins, this will be a 5 star review for sure!

I completely adore the scent, there's nothing quite like it. It's green, a little sweet from figs and smells so natural, like I rolled in a fig garden. It's totally me and it's my signature. And a complete shame it lasts less than an hour so only I ever smell it 😕

Can somebody please make a primer for perfumes, like we do for eyeshadows?

I fell in love with this and wore it when it first came out. It was my first niche fragrance. Before that I had worn Mitsouko and dyed my hair platinum blonde. My first perfume was Calyx. When you're young, you love fruit, and Philosykos holds a special place in my heart.

It does smell like rain, and it also smells a bit like pee. (There must be some unlisted jasmine in there.) It's the weirdest thing! My cat loves it. I use the Figuier room spray in the summer; I spray my curtain panels with it. When I do, my cat sits up and starts smelling the air and scratching the sofa lol. I think it does that to men, too.

This fragrance was a game changer in the industry, so I gave it five stars. Some history: Olivia Giacobetti was a prodigy and fortuitously met Annick Goutal at the tender age of 17. She made the Figuier candle in 1990. Then she made Premier Figuier, the first fig that I know of, for L'Artisan, and Diptyque had the good sense to release Philosykos in 1994. It remains their best seller in the line to this day.

It is a very light EDT, probably about 8% concentration. The white musk in the base is tenacious. For me, it's mostly a summer scent, unless there's precipitation in the forecast. It will always be a staple of my wardrobe.

This is a polarizing scent. Although I love green scents, this one didn't work so great for me. I was getting the dirt note, which was nice, but the fig was really overwhelming and then the green sort of creeps through while you're fighting the scent of coconut. I know all the fragrance people like it, and maybe I have to know fragrances better first and give it another try afterwards, but for now, I'll stick to L'Ombre Dans L'Eau if I'm feeling Diptyque. That being said: the packaging is GORGEOUS.

on 6/21/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Philosykos is my favourite Diptyque so far and one of my two favourite fig scents (the other one is Fleur de Figuier by Roger & Gallet)

The opening is very fresh and green, a very realistic fig accord (more leaves than the ripe fruit which has a syrupy honey-like scent) and then it transitions to a coconut skin scent (think raw coconut milk, not sun tan lotion) There is a hint of cedar in the drydown but the scent is barely detectable at this point.

Philosykos bright and milky, lightly sweet and smells very natural. What I like most about it is that it's at relaxing (reminiscent of summer holidays) and stimulating (green, fresh) at the same time. Highly unlikely to offend anyone.

Only drawback; it really is a light and fleeting fragrance, needs to be oversprayed and reapplied, therefore low value for money. Tried the EDP too before purchasing and although woodier and less bright it didn't perform much better. The body lotion is true to the scent but fades soon too so I don't think it would boost the sillage or the longevity.

I don't regret getting a big bottle so far since it's so joyful and beautifully crafted composition-wise but I'm not sure if it's a staple. Would recommend for those who are tired of citrus and other typical summer scents and don't mind reapplying or prefer switching scents throughout the day.

on 3/30/2014 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Everytime I went to the perfume counter I found myself constantly trying Philosykos and loving it, so I finally bought a bottle of the EDT. It is a very fresh, green, and sweet scent. I smell green foliage, coconut, fig leaves and ceder? Cant quite put my finger on the last layer. It's definitely a unique perfume, like nothing I've smelled before. I like this perfume a lot but it wears off quickly and leaves me wanting something more. After an hour or so the green scent fades fast and coconut and a hint of fig are all that remains. I found that mixing Philosykos with Diptyques Eau de Lierre fixes that problem. All in all I don't think I'll repurchase this again, Ill try a smaple of Philosykos eau de parfum, maybe that will leave me more satisfied. The glass bottle is nice and I like the design but Diptyques small spray caps fall off so easily. For $80-$120 a pop I expect better.

This is the most delicious fig scent out there. I am on my second bottle now having graduates from the eau de toilette to the new eau de parfum in the grey glass bottle. It smells the same but is stronger with more longevity. I love the balance of fresh green fig and warm coconut. I like to layer this with a fig body cream- I use the Diptyque one but to be honest the Korres fig works just as well. I have tried Jo Malone fig, acqua di Parma fico, Laura Mercier fresh fig- all delicious but this one knocks their socks off!

Popular Fragrances