Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.1

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOOOOOOOVEd this foundation. I say lovED because like I've said before, my skin gets used to everything and begins to reject it. But this foundation I actually bought twice, and after a while I will buy it again. GREAT coverage, matte finish, keeps oily shine away, easy to apply, beautiful colours, it really is just wonderful. I imagine it might be a little too powdery for girls with dry skin and the coverage too dark for people with beautiful complexions. But for everyone else, you gotta try this! =)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow...I love this stuff! It's smooth and velvetly and doesn't feel like it has any oil in it whatsoever. It's almost like a powder. However, I don't think it gives enough coverage when I apply it alone and it feels kind of odd on my face, so I apply it over my Jane Stay Calm with a powder brush and my skin looks flawless. Also, I usually have trouble with foundation or powder caking up around my nose...ew. I just apply this instead and it looks wonderful!

[UPDATE] I repurchased this for the winter and I got comments saying my face doesn't match. So, though the formulation seems to be perfect, the color is off. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is very comparable to Mac's StudioFix. The only drawback is the shade selection is rather limited. Fortunately, Cypress Beige works for me. It's very handy to have in my purse for touch-ups during the day. It covers well, too, when you're having a bad skin day. No break-outs, either!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for the past 4 weeks. Wanted to try it because of all the positive reviews here. This is an excellent foundation - great texture, very lightweight yet has buildable coverage. It also wears longer/better than any of the other powder foundations I've tried (MAC, Stila). For the price, this is a terrific product. I haven't experienced any breakouts yet. It's also very portable and great for travel.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have tried by far. I have oily skin that flakes very easily so I have to be careful. This foundation looks good both wet and dry. The lightest color matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't give me an ashen look like Clinique City Base compact spf 15 does. Very nice! UPDATE: This broke me out!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Thought I'd jump on the wagon due to all of the great reviews here in P'Ville and I am not disappointed. I tried # 400 (I think this is Laurel Nude?) wet with the enclosed sponge and even though it seemed to make my pores look larger at first, I waited 5 minutes and checked the mirror again - almost flawless! I have oily skin and old acne scars and this covers them extremely well (I use Shiseido's makeup corrector pencil for the tough spots). I can't give it 5 lippies yet because I still want to try the BE mineral foundation, but all in all, I am very happy with this product! I would definitely repurchase. 3/29/04 UPDATE: Probably won't repurchase this becuase it started caking in my large pores.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best foundation EVER. I have very oily skin, and I also don't like to spend a ton of time applying foundation in the morning -- esp. since I frequently oversleep due to allergies bogging me down -- and this product is THE. Perfect solution. I'm done with my makeup in no time, and it looks TERRIFIC. I use #402 Cypress Beige when I've been using self-tanner, and the next-lighter shade (can't remember the #/name) when I haven't been using tanner. I have no pink or peach in my skin (fair olive), and this stuff is just fantastic; I couldn't be happier!! Especially after searching in vain for YEARS to find something I like.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I think I have found my HG. I have searched for 25 years for the perfect foundation for my oily acne prone skin. I think and hope my search is over. Perfect for me. I'm a DDD and it's hard finding foundations that match my complexion. This one is a match. I usually apply my foundation in the morning for work, around 7a.m. By 9:30 a.m. I'm an oil slick especially forehead, checks, and t-zone. My neck is even oily. But this one helps to control, not 100%, but control the oil slick. Also, it stays put. I have problems with my foundation fading away (probably from constantly moping up the oil from my face) during the day. Not this stuff. I still have on foundation at the end of the day.
My test is how does it look in natural light. GREAT! Now, if you like the natural look just don't use as much. If you need coverage you will have to use a lot of this stuff. I have never tried it wet just dry. Girls, you can't beat the price AND IMHO it's great stuff. Double dog dare you to give it a try. Hope you like it as much as I do.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product a month or so ago in 'Ivory Myrhh'. I usually use liquid foundations, but I thought I'd try something different after reading the reviews on here. This is a great product! I usually apply it dry, sometimes wet - it doesn't make that much difference for me. I'm glad this stuff doesn't make my foundation diminish by the end of the day like the others I've tried. The coverage isn't perfect, but my skin isn't that bad so its alright. I'm already almost running out, but hopefully it will last me another couple weeks. I'll definitely buy it again!

UPDATE - This stuff was ok at first but I realized it made my face kinda orangey and made me break out. I now use Physicians Formula Le Velvet Compact, its way better.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i was at a beauty supply store the other day, and they were having a sale on palladio products so i thought i'd give their powders a try (i remember hearing raves about the stuff). however, i'm pretty disappointed after wearing it today. the sa helped me pick out the "cypress beige" shade b/ it was the 2nd lightest yellow-toned color (i'm a light/medium asian). however, right after i put it on, i could tell it was a bit too dark for me. i didn't have time to wash it off so i wore it for the next couple of hours. by the time i got home again, it was just icky - the powder looked darker and orange-ish, felt very heavy on my face, and seemed to accentuate pores. in addition, i was more oily-looking than normal (probably at least partly b/ of the oil ingredients in the powder). the only good point about it is the soft smooth texture. i am definitely going back to my old powder (cg simply powder) which at least matches colorwise and helps control shine. i will definitely not be repurchasing this palladio compact! (on a side note, i also bought and tried their loose rice powder - wonderful stuff! much much better than this pressed powder.)