Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 44-55

4.1

something is off with this product lately, the laurel nude was a natural tone and now it has a horrifically pink unnatural cast, which I only noticed too late to change at work. Sad as product was perfect before.......

Update: I actually ended up having contact/conversation with this brand, and they suggested I try it again. I recently did in March 2017, and it seems the laurel nude has much less of a pinkish cast, it seems they may have adjusted it. In its current form I find it really useful as a setting powder for Boots No, 5 foundation in ivory (lift and luminize) and whatever concealer I use....blends edges and keeps face shine free. Also good for quick "all I have time for" face for informal days.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Running late for work? Errands to run, kids to look after, little time to spare on makeup but you still want to look put together" for the day? This product is your friend then! I've used this powder foundation over 1- plain moisturized face 2- a BB cream (I use Lorea'l), and it comes out beautiful. I've used it wet and dry but I prefer dry because it covers all that I need covered and it evens out my complexion to my satisfaction. You can apply it with the sponge that comes in the compact or with a foundation brush, either way it works great. This gem has saved the day for me when I'm in a hurry and barely have time to put my shoes on before locking the front door :) If you get the wrong shade no problem! take it back to Ulta or Sally's and they'll gladly exchange it for you. I no longer pay department store prices for powder foundation!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

If you have uneven skin tone, scars or just want a nice cover, this is it. It even covers my red cheeks from rosacea. I first tried it wet with sponge, but kept rolling off my monistat primer in pieces. weird!
But I got out my kabuki foundation brush and applied it dry. Wow! wonderful coverage, not too oily or dry. I top with loreal soft glow mineral finish, and I am good for hours. even in the humid south.
I was really surprised, and at ulta, they have deals on this stuff all the time. I don't think you will be sorry. I actually bought two more and this is the first time I have used an entire foundation up in A LONG TIME!

Palladio Herbal Wet/Dry Foundation is the exact name on my product.

I am on a quest to replace my EM pressed powder foundation (the version in the white plastic compact). Fairly Light is PERFECT for me - of course, this item is d/c which sucks!! I have emailed the company several times over the past 6 months and while they say they do plan on bringing it back, they don't know when.....sigh.....

I am NC 15 (for those of you not familiar w/ EM). I purchased in Ivory.

Based upon the very helpful ladies on the MU board and in light of the high ratings, I decided to give this a try. I purchased at Sallys for around $10. In order to be considered a dupe to my EM, I am looking for highly pigmented (to cover my slight/blushing rosacea), non-drying, easily blendable, reasonable $, long lasting/wearing. This meets all my criteria EXCEPT it made my face feel dry/tight = I deducted 1 lippie. EM set the bar very high and this just falls short = I returned it.

Should I not find anything else that works, I will probably go back to this....sigh...

Wow, what a find. Oh the money I have spent on powder foundations. I still love my MAC Studio Fix and MSN or Careblend .... but this will be in my daily routine from now on. I apply with a damp Beauty Blender sponge and it looks in incredible and lasts longer than almost everything else. I wear the lightest color, Laurel Nude and I am NW20,... this is perfect... love love love. AND comes the closest of anything I have tried to keeping my tzone shine free and doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin.. Run, don't walk and get this ladies!

I've been using this powder foundation for almost a decade! And though I've bought MUFE, Lancome, and Armani powder foundations, I prefer Palladio. It's easy and fast to use with a wet or dry brush, puff, or sponge. Using a damp sponge takes a little longer, but to me it seems quicker than liquid foundation. You get different coverage depending on how you apply it and whether you use it dry, damp, or wet. My normal way is to apply it dry with a big brush, buff it with the brush, and then lightly spritz with water to give a non-powdery look. You can pat dry after the water spray, or just let it air dry.

I also use it lightly over liquid foundation, because it absorbs oil really well. My skin is combination with a very, very oily t-zone.

It doesn't come in many shades. My skin tone is closer-to-neutral NC20-25, and Laurel Nude (the lightest), is a good shade for me.

The compact is quite sturdy, but kind of clunky-looking. It has a separate, ventilated chamber for the sponge, so the sponge can dry between uses. This is the perfect makeup to use before going to the gym: it looks completely natural, and it fights shine.

I'm marking it down to 4 because of the narrow range of shades. But if they do have a shade for you, definitely try it if you want a reasonably priced powder or powder foundation. It's available at Sally's and also from the Palladio web site.

I am 47 with dry to normal skin, some wrinkles and sun damage. I use a tinted moisterizer under this. I use it dry. It gives good coverage and doesn't settle into my wrinkles. It is easy to apply and lasts all day with no touch ups. I use the Cypress Beige and it works pretty well. I gave it one lippie off because the color selection could be better. I am fair to medium compected with pink undertones but the Cypress Beige works better than the Ivory Myrhh. I am liking this better than my Jane Iredale mineral powder. It is easy to apply and goes on smoothly. I add a bit of a bronzer and it gives me just enough color.

I LOVE this foundation! Great coverage, lasts all day and a fantastic price. I have tired so many powder foundations and I have finally found my HG!

I tried the Palladio Wet/Dry Foundation for the first time today. OMG! I think is going to be my HG for foundations.

First off, I used it wet...I put some perrier water ( i thought the minerals in the water would be good?) in a spritzer bottle and wet the sponge then applied the foundation. It was like instant coverage, but i REALLY couldn't feel it! It wasn't cakey, but just a smoothness that i have NEVER gotten from a powder, even my MAC! It covered EVERYTHING even my sun damage.

Of course this was my first time, so i will update in a week or two, but The finish was so wonderful that i didn't even have to blot, and that is saying a lot for my oily skin. I even came home and was so exhausted i took a nap with it on ( I know, that's bad) but it was still looking good when i woke up and STILL didn't need blotting.

I hope this continues to work out because the price ($12) is great and I loved the look.

*************

Okay, i've been using this for awhile now and i still think it's good, but maybe not *quite* as good as i first thought. Still my HG foundation though. I don't know why, but for some reason my skin is changing from week to week. Oily to slightly dry. During the oiliest times, I use my MAC powder foundation on top as just a powder and i get absolutely poreless skin, with no powdery look. During the drier times i've tried this and i look like a powdery mess. This has not lasted as well as i think it should have either. I hit pan within the first 4 uses, so the $12 bucks is not quite the deal i thought it was either. But all in all I still like it...I am just going from a 5 lippie to a 4.

this is a fantastic foundation!(im 14 on mom's account) and it gave me an airbrushed complexion that covered much better than my routine maybelline loose powder. it doesn't crease at all. this brand seems to be a keeper. :) :)