Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really liked how my skin felt after using this but....it's so hard to get it out of the tube and in my hand long enough to cleanse my face! The jelly-cream like consistency was slippery and, more often than not, landed in the bottom of the sink before I could add enough water to lather up. Waste of money

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this cleanser. It didn't wow me or really clear breakouts, but it didn't make me break out more. Since I'm taking Retin-A now, I find this to be too harsh for my skin, so I'm no longer using it.

I really like this cleanser. I'm only 20 so I don't really need to worry about wrinkles, but I am getting a few lines on my forehead so I figure starting early on a good skincare regimen wouldn't hurt. I picked this up along with the moisturizer for under 30 dollars at CVS. This, along with the moisturizer, has helped my skin dramatically. I don't know if its the salicylic acid or the retinol but my acne has almost disappeared and my overall skin tone is less red and a lot more even. I will say though this product is very drying so I only use the face wash every few days and make sure I put the moisturizer on as soon as I'm done cleansing. I will repurchase and I would reccomend.

Oh, and the texture is completely freaky but what I do is instead of tryin to lather it in my hands I just put it directly on my face and it's a lot easier to get lathering lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

When I turned 30 my skin went crazy. oily acne prone, Cyst acne you name it. This product at night with the clarisonic mia is amazing for my skin, in conjunction with bio oil I think its lighten my acne scars. I havent used it in the morning due to the AHA warning but it works great at night.

on 4/10/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Been using this face wash for 4 months now. My skin tone has improved quite abit and seems more brighter. I do notice my acne spots fading alittle, but not much. (I am now using Finacea for that). The AHA's really slough off the dead skin cells on my pimples. I can literally peel them off after washing my face! I have sensitive skin and this did not dry or burn me. I use with my Clarisonic and it really cleans my skin and lathers great. The S.A. content is only 0.5% which is very low compared to the full 2% in most acne cleansers. Which is probably why i don't see much improvement in my acne with this wash. Overall i do like this product but am sad it does not clear up my acne as much as i'd hoped it would! I will continue to use until i find another cleanser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I normally use Neutrogena's oil-free acne daily scrub, so when I ran out of that, I decided to switch to this product as I do have a few lines on my forehead and bridge of nose I wanted to smooth out. Needless to say, that was a mistake. The area around my mouth/chin was so dry and irritated that I needed to use a mild lotion to calm it down. Also- it did nothing for my acne. So I switched back to my mainstay (the oil-free acne daily scrub that is).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I gave this a 2 because it did kinda help with my acne after one use and my face felt kind of smoother afterwards. I didn't care for the wrinkle benefit because I barely turned 17 but the ingredients were appealing. AHA, Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid. But to the bad things; I hate the smell, I hate the texture, and the unsatisfying feeling after. I don't feel like my face is clean. Luckily I technically didn't buy this. I went to Target to buy this and the Boots Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask but afterwards I realized the lady only charged me for the mask which I have yet to try :)

Far too harsh for my skin. Ended up causing more breakouts b/c it was so drying.

on 2/13/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm on my second tube of this and I LOVE it. I've actually never repurchased a cleanser ever, so this says alot. I have really horrible red cystic acne along with whiteheads etc, and I think this stuff really helps. A week ago, I bought the Olay cleansing brush and use it with this cleanser and a huge nasty cyst that hadn't budged for months is flat. Before the Olay, I massaged it into my skin for at least a minute to get the exfoliating benefits. It is a bit drying, but once I follow up with moisturizer I'm good to go.

Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this, but didn't work out for me. It doesn't lather well, and it feels tight on my skin. Doesn't do well controlling break outs, it dried my skin instead. I still need a make up remover before using this cleanser to make sure I got rid of any trace of make up before going to bed.
Will not repurchase.