Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

3.4

Truly sheer, and helps my face stay matt in hot weather (worn over foundation).

on 11/1/2007 12:25:00 AM

I'm constantly on the search for the perfect powder, but Shu Uemura's isn't it. It's by no means a bad powder - just average.

Pros:
- Good packaging
- Decent coverage
- No whitish cast
- Kept my face matte for a couple hours

Cons:
- While it was good for setting foundation or being used as a sheer foundation, it creased up when used to set my concealer
- It oxidized on certain areas on my face leaving slightly darker spots, not a big problem, but kind of annoying
- Sometimes TOO matte

Conclusion: This is a decent face powder, but it might be too matte or too pigmented for some people. Also, it isn't fine enough (or at least in my case) to be used to set undereye concealer.

on 12/30/2006 2:34:00 PM

I have this in colorless and it is so sheer, so fine that it blends perfectly into my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5 skintone. On most days I just apply a little bit of this powder over my nose and cheeks, blend and go. I don't get a whitish cast, nor do I get a cakey effect. The powder just evens out my skin and provides a velvety canvas for my cheek products. Its definitely a HG for me, and its one of the few products that I use daily. I will repurchase when I'm out.

on 4/13/2004 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the colorless matte. At first applied, this powder created a smooth flawless finish, I was verry happy with the result since I rarely use powder, for it tends to give the unnatural caky look . Then in an hour, it turned my face into a shiny glass-looking face, and it felt uncomfortable on my skin. At the end of the night when I took it off - I had broken out. I was so disappointed!!! Guess what? It has mineral oil--yuck!!.

Ingredients: Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance.

on 12/13/2003 2:48:00 PM

I use it sometimes when I want a nice finish and when I remember - Colourless Matte is part of my train case now.