Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

4.2

on 5/25/2006 1:18:00 AM

This is the first loose powder I have ever owned and used. I only used to wear foundation but now I use this stuff to set my foundation everyday. It creates a natural looking shine free finish. I sometimes use this over my tinted moisturiser or just my morning moisturiser. I like the way it makes my skin look even and seems to keep it shine free longer. ***Update: Acually I found my face stays shine free longer without this stuff and have since stopped using it.***

on 1/20/2005 6:32:00 AM

I thought this could be my replacement as I am unable to purchase Bioelements products in Malaysia anymore. I tried the powder in 5Y Medium Light for 2 weeks and I had tiny white heads all over my cheeks and forehead. I stopped for a week or so and they have cleared up. If you have combination and sensitive skin like mine, please do not even bother trying it.

on 4/13/2004 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the colorless matte. At first applied, this powder created a smooth flawless finish, I was verry happy with the result since I rarely use powder, for it tends to give the unnatural caky look . Then in an hour, it turned my face into a shiny glass-looking face, and it felt uncomfortable on my skin. At the end of the night when I took it off - I had broken out. I was so disappointed!!! Guess what? It has mineral oil--yuck!!.

Ingredients: Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance.

on 1/9/2010 4:57:00 PM

I am not a fan of this product. Finely milled but on my dry skin it looks cakey. I much prefer Laura Mercier translucent powder. Very expensive for the unsatisfactory quality.

i recently bought this & thought it resulted in a cakey, overly matte look. plus, it also imparted too much color. i bought it in #7, i think. it goes on fine, but compared to armani's pressed powder, shu doesn't even come close. I just returned it @nordstrom & would like to forget i ever bought this.

I've read such good things about this powder I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately it breaks me out. Ingredients list mineral oil which may be the culprit. I'm back to Chantecaille's talc-free version. I was hoping I'd found a less expensive option to Chantecaille, but not yet.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I decided to try this out as I have been a fan of Skin(Alison Raphael) transparent loose powder. Got this in colorless. This powder is luxuriously fine, almost velvety in texture, even the puff works very well. The color, which is a fine white, diappears on your skin (regardless of skintone) so its quite versatile as well as leaves a very fine twinkling of glitter not shimmer, which is very pretty. Works especially well in setting Sue Devitt's Bermuda Triangle concealer! I don't know why. It doesn't seem to set Laura Mercier secret concealer nor MAC studio finish concealer. Some shu products only work with other shu products...go figure. I notice how this powder exaggerates the crepey, dry lines under my eyes as it settles into the fine lines whenever i use the 2 previously mentioned products. Maybe because they are more emolient than Sue Devitt's concealer. Also leaves a dry powdery finish in the undereye area. I prefer it on my face instead of the undereye. I think I'll go back to Skin's loose powder.

I am not sure about this product. For me, this is an average loose powder, nothing spectacular. Pros: does not make me look dry (which can be achieved with powder from many other brands). Cons: as some reviewers said, it's so difficult to get powder out. The color is slightly peach (7 yr light) and the finish is slightly chalky. I also do not like the glitter. And as others said, it contains mineral oil, which bothers me a bit. I cannot say I broke out from this powder, but I feel a little bit uncomfortable. Will not repurchase.

on 7/18/2005 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I glanced at my own reviews not too long ago and was shocked at how few reviews I have done on the various loose face powders I have managed to accumulate over the last few years. The reason that I can come up with for not doing reviews is because I find most powders to be average - not outstanding in any significant way (and that's probably why I keep buying loose powders hoping against hope that I will find one that is so outstanding and perfect that I will toss out all these average products and stick with one that is just right). So far it hasn't happened. Shu Uemura's powder is average to me. I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones, because this is a translucent color the color is fine on my pale complexion. I have an oily t-zone but I do not find that this product helps to control the oil in that area of my face any better than the most average of drugstore powders. You do get a generous amount of product from Shu Uemura so the powder container I have will probably last me a lifetime but I can find no compelling reason why I would repurchase if I ever run out.

on 12/30/2003 2:55:00 PM

I bought it after all the rave reviews. I did find the texture very fine and soft, and it didn't cake my face. I especially liked the packaging of the powder: it had a 'net-like' cover to let the powder out, instead of those holes that other loose powders come out through (probably because Shu Uemura's powder is so finely milled). However, it dried out my face after using it for several days, particularly when I was retouching my face mid-day. I use 5yr light matte. Maybe sheer might be less drying, but then it was so glittery when I tried it at Sephora. I probably would go with Cargo next time, because their color selection was perfect: Cargo's lightest was a color between Shu Uemura's Colorless and 5yr light, plus Cargo's loose powder was just as finely milled.