Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

4.6

NEW INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Alumina, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol. May Contain ( /-): CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7799 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide). OLD INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, PVP/PA Copolymer, DEA-C8-18 Perfluoroalkylethyl Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491). May contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

I really like this product quite a bit. It is very "old school," but it works great for me. Honestly it is among the few items in my collection that I would repurchase.

It took a little practice to get used to applying it. I had never used a cake liner prior to purchasing this, and wasn't really familiar with how much water, application techniques, etc. Once I figured it out, I was like-game on!

This is a beautiful color of dark blue and looks much softer for my aging eyes than black. Really makes my hazel green eyes pop! I had problems with eyeliner smearing and running- ALL kinds from drugstore to HE. This one does NOT run or smear. It is a brilliant formula.

on 3/28/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I wasn't a big fan of this. I thought it was annoying that I needed to wet it to use it each time, and the color itself was nothing special. It was just a plain navy, found everywhere. Although I have blue eyes, I didn't find that it accentuated them in any special way. I also thought that for what you're getting (essentially a pigmented navy powder) it is very over-priced...considering you also have to buy a special brush to apply it.

To Read all 94 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/25/2016 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful effect with this product. It allows me to easily darken the base of my lashes and the dark navy color makes my blue eyes pop! I'm not the best with upper lid eyeliner application, but tightlining with the LM eyeliner brush is a breeze. I love how I don't have to wiggle a bunch of mascara into the base of my lashes when I use this because, when I do, I ALWAYS end up with mascara on my lid - ugh. This liner gives the oomph to my top lashes that I used to try to achieve w/mascara. Now my eyes look clean, clear & bright. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is great! Way better than pencil or gel, it's definitely worth trying. It's way easier to apply too, you just have to get the right brush. I'm so glad I tried this and reccomend it to all my friends!

on 8/28/2015 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This is my go-to liner when I want to wear black eyeliner. (This I avoid because I'm just too old to pull it off anymore.) I use a stiff gel liner brush and work water into it rather generously. Once it dries, it doesn't budge. It's a smokey dark blue that would look good with any eye color. It's not cheap but it lasts a very long time. By the time I hit pan on my black one, I replaced it with this. Be sure to let it dry out real good before storing it again. (Sorry. I didn't need to tell YOU that. LOL)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i really love this eye liner .. it is to bad the liquid drop is no longer available in Macys i don't know what eye liner is like this one , when i have to replace it. it stays all day and it doesn't burn you eye , i never have any smudges .. and it comes in some fabulous colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, but by reading all these rave reviews, I'm realizing it's probably me doing something wrong, and not the product! I just couldn't get this stuff to stay on. I had raccoon eyes literally within just a few hours. I used the LM tightline brush and a little bit of water, and wiggled it into my lashline. Maybe I used too much water? I don't know, but I REALLY want to get this tightlining technique down right! If anyone has any tips, etc please share :)

on 1/9/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this for my upper lash line. It is easy to work with once you get the hang of how to use it. I quickly run my angled liner brush under the faucet then blot the back of my hand. This gets some of the water out of my brush and leaves a little pool of water on my hand. I run my brush over the product and test it on my hand. If it's too dry I dip it in the pool of water to get it the right consistency. Sounds like a hassle, but it's easy once you get the hang of it and yes, it is so totally worth it! I am fair and cool toned, blonde hair and blue eyes and this is by far the most complimentary and flattering shade I have ever used. It doesn't even really look blue, but it certainly looks better than a harsh black or a boring brown, especially for us fair skinned, cool toned blue eyed babes. Thanks MUA for helping me discover this gem!

on 10/23/2014 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've tried eyeliners for 40+ years and never found anything I liked until I bought this eyeliner. I probably have bought over 50 pencils through the years and regretted every time I tried one. Removing botched eyeliner is difficult. There were times I didn't have time to remove it and I felt self-conscious all day. I am glad never to use pencils again.
I have hooded brown eyes and I use this to tightline my upper eyelids with a flat brush and a little water. It is beautiful! It really emphasizes my eyes, my lashes look fuller and lasts all day. It was difficult for me to master tight lining but wow I'm so glad I learned. I have purple and brown liner but I use the bleu marine everyday. My eyes always look white because it is an everytime essential part of my makeup. I think it's as important as mascara. I don't leave home without it. I think every eye color would look great with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Laura Mercier Tightline Eye Liner in Bleu Marine & Laura Mercier Flatline Brush

I've been looking for a cake eye liner in blue since the '60's. I think I've finally found one in this product.

The blue is a navy blue. It seems to enhance my blue eyes and the whites actually seem whiter.

I have sensitive eyes and they can be a bit moist often causing smearing with pencils and even pens. This does not happen with this cake eyeliner...no smearing and lasts till it is removed with my regular facial cleanser...does not require special eye makeup remover.
I use water at the end of the Laura Mercier Flatline brush and swirl the brush gently in the cake. I can make it any consistency...thick, liquid or watery. The thicker the consistency the deeper the intensity.

As with all liquid liners, this and the flatline brush take a bit of practice. At 66 I prefer a very thin line on the upper & lower lash line. The flatline brush is the thinnest I've seen for this type of brush and with a light touch I get a nice thin line that defines my eyes quite nicely.

I am amazed that this liner does not smear even on the lower lash line.

Overall a great product.