Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

4.2

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Jojoba Esters, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycol Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Polyquaternium-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 7/15/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this every am for 2 months now. I haven't noticed any major difference with my skin from using this. It's a nice face scrub but that's pretty much it. It doesn't seem to help with wrinkles or acne as far as its bha and aha claims.

on 3/28/2016 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like this exfoliator. I bought this almost a year ago, and for the first several months I used it three times per week, as suggested. I wasn't really seeing much of an effect at that point, so I started using it every morning after another cleanser, and I feel like I saw a much bigger difference then. It's gentle enough to use every day and not feel like your face is falling off like some other exfoliators do. I definitely saw improved brightness in my skin after using this product, but it didn't do much in the way of helping acne spots fade. I think it did help with controlling my breakouts as well, and it always left my skin feeling really soft. It's not super cheap, but it lasted nearly a year, and for most of that time I used it on a daily basis. Overall, I like this product and I will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this as a deluxe sample which I use when travelling. The first time I used it at night, I got up in the morning and found my skin so smooth and glowy. I really like it and would buy it regularly if it was easily available. The only thing that the packaging of the deluxe sample is a tube where the product just flows out as soon as you open it leading to wastage. Don't know if the full size is the same but I have to make sure I keep this upside-down when not in use.

on 3/16/2016 3:05:00 PM

I bought this product because I was looking for an AHA/BHA cleanser. This has had amazing effects on my skin! my face is so much smoother and I felt my forehead wrinkles start to soften. I started out using this product every other day, at night. It removes all the dirt and make-up that was caked on. Now, I use it every night and finish with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid serum. My skin feels wonderful! I actually stopped using it for a few weeks because I forgot it at a friends house and I could feel my skin start to get rougher and the wrinkles are more pronounced.

Love this 100%. It's a little on the pricey side, but totally worth it. Would re-purchase.

on 2/24/2016 7:59:00 PM

14 year old me bought this, having no idea what to expect other than nice result, and I found out the following:
- Just because it's expensive doesn't it mean results.
- Taking away dead skin properly needs a harder scrub in my case.
- Acne scars etc. didn't fade as promised.

HOWEVER,
+ Used 2-3 times a week and one tube lasted me 2 years.

on 2/10/2016 6:13:00 AM

I really like this cleansing scrub. It feels great on the skin, and afterward my face feels nice and fresh. The cleanser has a creamy base with lots of exfoliating grains. I'm a big fan of physical exfoliants, and this scrub has them a-plenty. I was afraid that jojoba beads wouldn't provide much exfoliation, but they feel nice and grainy without being harsh. This scrub has a very slight fresh scent to it. I know Murad has a reputation as an acne brand. I don't have acne, or even oily skin (mine's combination), but I had no problems with this being too harsh.

on 2/10/2016 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Bottomline: This scrub leaves me very glowy!

Murad's isn't a brand I'm very familiar with. Their packaging/naming/marketing has never really appealed to me and I never would have tried it if it weren't for my samples, but I'm very glad I did because this scrub leaves my skin so soft and glowy like after a good mask! The scrubby bits are a bit abrasive, but it foams well, removes makeup well, it's unscented, and comes in a clear plastic tube with a screw cap. Price is midend, I purchased mine from sephora. I unfortunately lost my tube traveling and haven't repurchased it since, but I have seen a change in my skin texture from the couple of weeks I used it. Currently testing out other scrubs but if I needed a scrub, I def would repurchase!

on 11/28/2015 2:55:00 PM

Mediocre and not worth the pricetag. I used a whole tube, and I agree with the previous reviewer who said it's just a cleanser with some scrubby bits in it. As a cleanser it does an okay job and as a scrub, it's pretty weak.

No changes or improvement in my skin from using this product. No added brightness or clarity or smoothness. Very disappointing because I had high hopes for this.

Not horrible but it's nothing special either. For reference I have skin that is combo-oily and clog prone. My favorite cleanser is PTR's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel and my favorite scrub is Origins' Modern Friction.

Wouldn't buy this again.

on 5/5/2015 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really enjoy this cleanser as it leaves a glowing look to my skin when I use it (probably due to the jojoba beads). However, if you are looking for a cleanser to do just that, you'd be better off going with something cheaper. The name of this cleanser is quite confusing because you shouldn't buy it for its AHA/BHA benefits (at least in my opinion). Those kinds of exfoliants give maximum results when left on as a treatment rather than something that gets washed down the drain in a few seconds. It's still a great cleanser nonetheless.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought a sample size of this cleanser. I have to say it was worth every penny. I have seen stubborn dark spots on my cheeks get lighter over the past month and my skin has been so much (less breakouts and much smoother). The full size is super pricey but I think I'm hooked and will certain repurchase.