Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.7

on 8/18/2011 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I recently started experimenting with various Sonia Kashuk brushes (concealer, eyeshadow, blush, kabuki, travel blush brush--not the brush set in the photo above, but various brushes sold individually in her collection) and I am pleasantly surprised with the quality. These make up brushes are a true bargain. They are moderately priced and comparable in effectiveness, durability, and design with the more expensive brands I have tried, such as Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier.

on 1/18/2010 9:44:00 PM

Sigh. If only I had known about these years ago, before I bought all my MAC brushes. I find I reach for these daily, and will repurchase these in a heartbeat if they ever seem to deteriorate. Their quality is outstanding, bristles are packed tightly, and the brushes keep their shape, even after being cleaned. Love these:
Flat blush brush (I use it for foundation)
Large shadow brush
small shadow brush
Flat liner brush (PERFECT for tight lining upper lashes)
Concealer brush
Crease brush (white handle...perfect control, use this one alllll the time)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I use the eyeshadow brushes. These brushes pick up and hold colors well and can withstand washing and foiling of eye shadow (applying it wet) while maintaining their original shape. I want to try some other brushes by Sonia such as a blush brush or powder brush because those I've tried have been easy-to-find at Target, of excellent product and packaging quality and a terrific, very reasonable, and very affordable price. I'll never buy Estee Lauder or any other expensive brand brushes again because if I can find great quality and price convieniently and without breaking the bank; what's the point?

on 4/18/2005 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These are my brushes that I use as a freelance makeup artist. I love them...except for the fact that I have to reglue them back on. The brush end tends to loosen from the handle. After washing as many times as I have, the small brushes (eye and lip), have become a bit...bushy-er than I would have wanted. But, it's still a great product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The brush I'm reviewing is the angled contour brush, #12. Another winner from Sonia Kashuk! It is just great for applying a wash quickly on the entire lid, and for applying my WnW shimmer to highlight cheekbones, or even to help blend in bronzer along jaw and hairline. Love it :)

on 1/2/2004 8:58:00 PM

I wanted to like this, the price was right, but after 2 weeks I am losing fibers and the brushes have lost thier shape. Plus, the handle has already come off of one. Thier better than other drugstore brands, but I cant compare them to good quality brushes.

on 3/31/2003 11:57:00 PM

I got 5 brushes in a set with a cute pink travel bag. I really like these, they are so soft and make the application really easy. I havent washed them yet, so I hope they wont dissapoint me. Great price too!

on 11/4/2002 10:23:00 PM

I have not had any of the problems other people have had with these. I haven't had any shedding, they retain their shape beautifully after using brush cleaner (I use Ben Nye) and distribute the shadow well. I bought these as a cheap travel subsitute for my professional brushes (MAC, shu, etc.) and actually find that I like them BETTER!

on 12/25/2001 10:21:00 AM

These are some of the best brushes I have ever used. They blend well and hold up well too. I have picked up the whole set!! I love them all !

on 11/19/2001 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have the powder brush, blush brush, large eyeshadow brush, small smudge brush, and eyeliner brush. I am generally pleased with these brushes--they are a great deal! The powder/blush brushes do shed on occasion, but I'm not too concerned with it, since they deposit powder VERY smoothly. The eyeshadow brush is kind of rough and not as flexible as I thought it was (I ONLY use it when my Trish eyeshadow brush is dirty). I use the smudge brush more for concealing blemishes--it's very soft and does a great job.

Popular Makeup Brushes