Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

3.5

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 8/20/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product, it works well to create a soft line in the eyelash line for a natural look. I want to continue using it but learned that it contains C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate in the ingredients, a chemical related to Teflon that accumulates and lasts forever in the body and environment. The harm from PFAS chemicals has been downplayed by some, but the EPA states they are known hormone disrupters, associated with cancers, high cholesterol, thyroid issues, early menopause, and so on. It’s especially bad to find in eye makeup since the skin around the eye is thinner and is more absorbant than other parts of the body. I know it’s only a tiny amount, but daily applications over time can build up exposure. Until they reformulate without PFAS, I’m going to retire my tightliner :(

on 1/17/2016 11:37:00 AM

I'm 57 years old and have become a fan of the tightline method. I had heard such great comments about this cake eyeliner I decided to try it. Prior to that I had been using a dark brown shade of elf gel eyeliner in a little tub. Anyway, I do not like the color of this brown eyeliner. Way too much red for me. I returned it to Sephora.

HATE this, I heard they changed the formula, I got this a few months ago and I would not recomend this.
The colour itself is very nice and rich brown but the texture is dry and you hardly get any product with your finger or brushes I tried it wet and still no results.
You can't get the product out at all, I had to throw mine away because it was just a real waste of money.
Really disappointed!

on 12/17/2008 11:10:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in Black Ebony and have been buying it for years because it's so wonderful - so I expected Mahogany to be great too. However -- I threw this product out after trying it two or three times. I have extremely (VERY!!!!) fair skin, and yet the color hardly showed up on my eyes. I put layers and layers, but you could barely see the brown at all. I finally gave up and threw it out! What a waste of money. This was especially disappointing because I am a huge fan of Laura Mercier and have many of her products, but this was just horrible.

on 5/1/2006 5:30:00 PM

I echo all the positive reviews here. Just want to add that this product is very gentle on the eye. If you use the LM flat brush, you just dab the liner with the wet brush, and there is no tugging, etc. whatsoever. I also like the fact that it is water-based. The liner comes off very easily with soap and water. The mahogany color is a very classic, dark, matte brown that works beautifully as an alternative to black.

on 2/23/2006 9:21:00 AM

I have both this and blue marine. Excellent found in my opinion. It's fool proof and very travel friendly. The only drawback is that you have extra work to do that is dampen your brush before puting this on. I use brushes like Bobbi's ultra fine liner, Aucoin angled eyeliner, and Mcevoy's flat liner depending on what look I want to achieve.. all three works well with this cake form. Mahagony is a tad too flat on my FFF Asian skin tone..not sharp enough. I don't complain though because this is the liner I reached out to most in the day makeup or whenever I want jsut a little definition. It's just that Blue marine is my Fave, so fine...

on 8/13/2004 1:28:00 AM

This is my HG eyeliner. I have oily lids, and this stays put all day, but looks natural (unlike liquid liners). BB gel liners used to be my HG, but LM blends easier, is smoother, and looks more natural. Plus BB dries up and is unusable after about 6 months. Since this is a powder/gel, I think it will last forever. I've been using it every day for 2 years, and I've barely made a dent in it. Lot's of brands say you can use their shadow as a liner (like MAC), but by the middle of the day, they were all completely gone.

I use Paula Dorf's Eye Transformer brush to push the liner below my lashes, and it looks incredibly natural. Yes, it's expensive like all LM makeup, put you hardly use any and it lasts forever.

I actually like this better than my BB Sepia Ink Gel Eyeliner. It wears better (less smudging than the BB) and I like how I can control it better, texture-wise. The BB one is, well, a gel of course, so it can goop up in some spots, but this one is more like a pigmented watercolor. Now I like a smudged look, but I want to be able to control where it smudges, and this worked better for that. The color is better, too, for me. This is a bit lighter, warmer brown- very pretty!

on 7/8/2003 9:51:00 AM

For a novice in cake liners I had some initial difficulties applying this product but practice makes perfect! I only add a small amount of water using a LM eyeliner brush as adding too much water makes the lines too light. It gives a very natural-looking eye definition and lasts forever even on someone with oily lids. I agree this product is expensive but this will last for a very long time. A MUST-HAVE!

on 6/16/2003 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I gave this a 5/5 for everything. This product will last you a VERY long time. I've probably used it a handful of times and I don't notice any difference such as dips, etc! I love how it comes with a mirror in a small compact--No that you would ever need to touch up though! This lasts all day and can look either very natural or eye popping, depending on how you want it. This is one of my HG of liners! I recommend this to everyone, even if you have oily lids as its silicone based and works like wonders with a push brush and a ilttle bit of water. :)