Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

3.9

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first cake eye liner-Its just wonderful! You put it on with a brush and a bit of water inside your upper lashes-by holding up your lid and pressing into the lash line. It looks so natural and awesome! Its very pricey but should last a long long time. Eyes look defined but not "lined." Definitely a must have in everyones makeup bag!

on 6/16/2003 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I gave this a 5/5 for everything. This product will last you a VERY long time. I've probably used it a handful of times and I don't notice any difference such as dips, etc! I love how it comes with a mirror in a small compact--No that you would ever need to touch up though! This lasts all day and can look either very natural or eye popping, depending on how you want it. This is one of my HG of liners! I recommend this to everyone, even if you have oily lids as its silicone based and works like wonders with a push brush and a ilttle bit of water. :)

on 7/8/2003 9:51:00 AM

For a novice in cake liners I had some initial difficulties applying this product but practice makes perfect! I only add a small amount of water using a LM eyeliner brush as adding too much water makes the lines too light. It gives a very natural-looking eye definition and lasts forever even on someone with oily lids. I agree this product is expensive but this will last for a very long time. A MUST-HAVE!

on 9/5/2003 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this eyeliner! I bought the Mahogany shade after I loved the Ebony one so much, and this one has become my daily essential. I now reserve the Ebony one for more formal or evening occasions. The best way for me to apply this liner is with a thin liner brush, and I intersperse it between my upper lashes to get a really full-lash look. It looks so natural, just like I have many more eyelashes than I really do:) This cake liner is especially brilliant for the fact that it wears ALL DAY without smudging or migrating anywhere else, even on my oily lids.

on 10/16/2003 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just got this in a swap. I really like it even though it's much lighter than I thought it would be. My eyes barely show on my face without eye makeup, but this gives a nice natural look. Perfect for everyday/office.

on 11/4/2003 4:47:00 PM

I tried applying eyeliners a bazillion times and it always looked bad UNTIL I tried this. It doesn't wear off and although it is expensive (as all LM products are) the cake form lasts a looooong time. I've had it for a few months and there isn't so much as a divot. The mahogany brown works really well with my PPP red haired, blue eyed complexion. I wore it on my wedding day and it lasted until I took it off at night :)

I actually like this better than my BB Sepia Ink Gel Eyeliner. It wears better (less smudging than the BB) and I like how I can control it better, texture-wise. The BB one is, well, a gel of course, so it can goop up in some spots, but this one is more like a pigmented watercolor. Now I like a smudged look, but I want to be able to control where it smudges, and this worked better for that. The color is better, too, for me. This is a bit lighter, warmer brown- very pretty!

on 8/13/2004 1:28:00 AM

This is my HG eyeliner. I have oily lids, and this stays put all day, but looks natural (unlike liquid liners). BB gel liners used to be my HG, but LM blends easier, is smoother, and looks more natural. Plus BB dries up and is unusable after about 6 months. Since this is a powder/gel, I think it will last forever. I've been using it every day for 2 years, and I've barely made a dent in it. Lot's of brands say you can use their shadow as a liner (like MAC), but by the middle of the day, they were all completely gone.

I use Paula Dorf's Eye Transformer brush to push the liner below my lashes, and it looks incredibly natural. Yes, it's expensive like all LM makeup, put you hardly use any and it lasts forever.

on 9/1/2004 10:31:00 PM

My everyday basic eyeliner. Never smudges. Always looks natural, yet enhances my eyes so much. Even though this is a staple, I will be surprised if I ever run out--there is so much product in the pan. An incredible value.

on 10/28/2004 9:51:00 AM

Would I buy this again? Wild, frothing animals couldn't block me from it. This e/l is OUTRAGEOUSLY awesome. It doesn't get any better than Laura Mercier cake eyeliner...and Mahogany is a great color. A rich, dark brown that's not as harsh as Ebony. Lasts a long time, so that helps to justify the expense. Also wears like nobody's business. Never flakes, smudges, or melts. Just stays a nice, crisp line. Absolutely nothing will make your eyelashes look more lush than using these liners with LM's flat push brush. If you love eyeliner, Run Forest Run to get this product!