Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Filtered by age: 25-29
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

3.4

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 2/9/2014 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very unflattering on my complexion too pale a brown and draws out the sallowness around my eyes, quality wise generally disappointing in general. Takes alot of work to apply and even then the payoff is patchy and chalky don't even think of using this dry you will get zero payoff. I have the emerald green though and it is alot better than this shade.

on 11/27/2013 1:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Dry, difficult to use on the go, chalky, and generally underwhelming. I was told my the sales assistant that I wouldn't need the activator - even though I said I would buy it if it was necessary or really improved the product. If this worked well it would be great, I love the packaging and find it is easy to carry around... but try getting a defined eye! very, very difficult in my experience. And I'm using a gorgeous hakuhodo tightlining brush.

on 6/30/2011 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just got this recently, so my review is for the new formula. The color doesn't show, doesn't last, dry, chalky and hard to apply. Disappointing. Turned out the new formula requires a separate activator to enhance the intensity. Uh ohh. So that's $22 for the cake, another $20 for the Tightline Activator = $42 for an eyeliner. I really don't get it. WHY couldn't LM stick with the old formula so no extra stuff is necessary?

on 10/10/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Is a very soft brown, but can take some work to build-up the color. Would be great for a fairer individual. Using just to use up, and works on days I want to enhance my eyes without looking like I'm wearing e/l. I prefer a more striking color (black). Between being too soft of a brown and the nature of her cake requiring more fussing than using a powder e/s as a liner, I'm not in love with this. The first few times I used it, it offered a very subtle, flattering lined effect, then perhaps shadow from my brush mingled with the cake and now I have to scrape the top off to get any pigmentation. Powders are easier to use.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this liner along with the flat-headed brush last week and am not thrilled. The line is very sheer and takes a long time to build up. Also, the wet-brush method is kind of a pain. I'm actually not sure how the cake liner is any different from regular eye shadow. Now I'm layering it over a pencil to make sure that the line gets right into the lashes. It works well for that purpose, but it's not much on its own.

on 2/23/2006 9:21:00 AM

I have both this and blue marine. Excellent found in my opinion. It's fool proof and very travel friendly. The only drawback is that you have extra work to do that is dampen your brush before puting this on. I use brushes like Bobbi's ultra fine liner, Aucoin angled eyeliner, and Mcevoy's flat liner depending on what look I want to achieve.. all three works well with this cake form. Mahagony is a tad too flat on my FFF Asian skin tone..not sharp enough. I don't complain though because this is the liner I reached out to most in the day makeup or whenever I want jsut a little definition. It's just that Blue marine is my Fave, so fine...

on 1/23/2006 7:36:00 PM

I *love* the LM cake liners. They are truly the first and only liners that I have ever been able to make look right on me. This dark brown is perfect for my fair skin and green eyes, not as harsh as black but still provides great definition. I apply with saline and a flat brush and it lasts all day. The amount you get lasts forever too - so worth it.

on 9/1/2004 10:31:00 PM

My everyday basic eyeliner. Never smudges. Always looks natural, yet enhances my eyes so much. Even though this is a staple, I will be surprised if I ever run out--there is so much product in the pan. An incredible value.

on 11/4/2003 4:47:00 PM

I tried applying eyeliners a bazillion times and it always looked bad UNTIL I tried this. It doesn't wear off and although it is expensive (as all LM products are) the cake form lasts a looooong time. I've had it for a few months and there isn't so much as a divot. The mahogany brown works really well with my PPP red haired, blue eyed complexion. I wore it on my wedding day and it lasted until I took it off at night :)

on 9/5/2003 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this eyeliner! I bought the Mahogany shade after I loved the Ebony one so much, and this one has become my daily essential. I now reserve the Ebony one for more formal or evening occasions. The best way for me to apply this liner is with a thin liner brush, and I intersperse it between my upper lashes to get a really full-lash look. It looks so natural, just like I have many more eyelashes than I really do:) This cake liner is especially brilliant for the fact that it wears ALL DAY without smudging or migrating anywhere else, even on my oily lids.