Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 36-43
Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.5

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

on 6/23/2012 8:56:00 PM

After I used the Regenerating Day Cream and the Regenerating Neck and Décolleté Cream, because I was short with money, I bought the Quince Day Cream (which was half the price) in hope that it will be similar. Not even close.
I am not saying it is not a good product, simply it was not for me. Maybe for young girls with mixes skin.

on 1/2/2010 10:06:00 PM

I have sensitive/combination/oily skin and I thought this cream would work nicely, but it appeared to do nothing for my skin. My daughter, however, likes it and it looks wonderful on her normal/young face.

Pros: easily spread, scent is not too overpowering, works on protecting faces that are young and normal

Cons: not suitable for older/hard to diagnose skin.

Best to purchase a trial kit that has sample sizes of their products to get a feel for what works with your skintype.

on 9/14/2004 10:37:00 AM

OK -- I am venturing into the world of Dr. Hauschka. After getting fed up with all the "hope in a jar" hype and packaging and nonsense of most skincare lines, I settled down for years to a minimal regime of Clinique's Dramatically Diff Moisturizer and plain water, period. Which worked OK, but recently I've realized that Clinique just *looks* clean and basic--in fact it's loaded with dyes, preservatives, mineral oil, and other toxins/possible carcinogens. In my quest for something healthier I've (re)discovered Dr. Hauschka, and am hoping that this might really work for me! I've begun with the skin care sampler for normal/dry skin (a great way to start), and after a week am seeing some results. (I have combo skin: tendency to oil on forehead and nose, but normal/dry elsewhere. Occasional flaking on cheeks in winter) Will post again later to follow up. But in the meantime I can strongly recommend this quince cream--which is really lovely. You put a tiny (large pea-sized, really) amount on, and it both absorbs AND leaves a tender waxy film on the skin, which seems to last all day and does feel "protective", as their literature claims. The quince cream is the lightest of the three basic moisturizers, the SA informed me. (I had mistakenly thought the Daily Moisturizer was the lightest, and was getting a serious oil slick from it.) The smell takes a little getting used to--all Dr. Hauschka products have a slightly funky herbal/essential oil scent--but it dissipates fairly quickly. After some experimenting I'm finding that it's best to avoid putting any on my "T-zone" (nose/forehead), but that it works beautifully as an eye cream. About the packaging: people have been complaining about the old-fashioned tube design, but just remember--it's cleaner than a jar, preserves the contents better, is cheaper and more environmentally sound. Plus Hauschka sells a little tube squeezer so you can get that last bit out. Yes, it's a bit expensive--but only a bit more than Clinique, and FAR less than all those ridiculously overpriced, toxic, overpackaged products from Shiseido, Chanel, La Mer, La Prairie, Decleor, etc etc.
P.S. Re: the thyroid/hair shedding problem mentioned by the last reviewer. I called my local natural cosmetics/Hauschka boutique (in Northampton, MA) to ask about this. They're very nice, earnest people who are all Hauschka users/devotees, and said that they had NEVER (in years of dealing in Hauschka products) heard of anything of the kind. (Good luck, and hope you feel better, BTW)

This stuff is great! It's a bit lighter than the Dr. H Rose cream, which I love too. It's better suited for more normal or oilier skin types; whereas, the Rose cream might be better for normal-to-dry skin. Great for an under makeup moisturizer, and it has all natural ingredients! A+