Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid in Buff 30Liquid Foundation SwatchesHealthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Silica, Soymilk Powder, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Disodium Edta, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Fragrance

on 9/29/2016 7:27:00 PM

I bought this because I figured the "healthy skin" factor would help/look good on me and give me a natural, sheer to medium coverage, but it looks AWFUL. It makes me look like I have alligator skin, and that I have a big red clown nose because it rubs off the end of it way too easily. I have tried applying it with a beauty blender and with a brush, and I've tried it with two different primers and sans primer, and I can't ever make it look good. It just looks like my skin is cracking. I haven't found a single other foundation that makes me look like that. I hate it.

This foundation is so-so for me. The application is pretty good, it doesn't settle into my fine lines immediately. I use this with a beauty blender to blend it. The wear is ok, it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. It probably lasts 5-6 hours at the most. I find it lasts longest with a setting spray (I use the NYX Matte Finish setting spray) and it makes my skin look pretty good. It does settle into my dry patches, however, which does make it look cakey at times.

To Read all 694 Reviews, Login or Join

Neutrogena foundations feel very tacky on my skin, it doesn't meld into it the way other products do. when I applied this it was OK but I felt like it never set, even with powder. it still felt wet about half hour after application. idk how to make this work so I'll be returning this

on 8/5/2016 11:46:00 PM

I have really dry hormonal acne, and ever since I was told by my dermatologist to use foundation/concealer with sunscreen in it, I've been using this as my go-to base and concealer. It's super light in texture, and goes on easy and covers pretty well. Mine wasn't really the right color at first, but I think spending more time in the sun with it helped, and now I apply it daily. I can't really find a connection between my acne breakouts and this makeup. I know if I've got it on for longer than 8 hours, it starts to irritate a bit, and does dry out if no moisturizer was applied underneath. I've read some reviews where acne-prone users report breaking out terribly afterwards, but I haven't really experienced that. It seems like a great product, and it's definitely kept me from getting sunburned. It's really a beautiful product, and will conceal my blemishes, wile still allowing the natural shades of my face to shine through. It's also a very affordable product.

If there's anything bad to be said about it, it's that it is sooo light, touching it in the slightest will rub it off. (Cleans off easy though, I guess?) Seriously though, have a good primer moisturizer, and avoid wearing it for 8+ hours if you can, (like I do :P).

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! I had given up on liquid foundations due to them just sliding off my
face and looking cakey and gross. it's super hot here, so it's a good test. I know Paula said it had some ingredient in it that "might" cause breakouts but probably not in such low amounts. This is NOT causing my SUPER sensitive skin to break out. i have very combo skin. Most liquid foundations slide off. This DOES give you a glow...but its SO NATURAL and not greasy! I blotted with a tissue in the bathroom to see if I was oily or just having a glow, and I was just a little glowy...nothing crazy but just healthy skin. I'm 52 so if you are wanting healthy looking skin that is natural, try this. The coverage is better on this foundation than any of the other neutrogena foundations. I only used one layer but I imagine with the beautiful consistency of this foudnation, you could layer with no problem. I have now tried all of the Neutrogena foundations::: skin clearing, long lasting and the cream foundation and I like this most. The long lasting was to drying and my face felt tight and it enhanced my pores and DID NOT LAST. The cream was okay but could settle in pores. The skin clearing foundation by neutrogena didnt last. This one I think lasts the longest and looks most natural. it is NOT cakey and just "becomes" your skin. Felt great all day...like I had nothing on. I am NC15-20 right now so got Nude which has some yellow undertones. It's a really good match. likley in the winter I will mix it with Classic Ivory. I REALLY love this foundation! I look so healthy and not flat but not oily. Those who say this makes you oily is probably just not used to a nice healthy glow. I touched my face at work to see if it was oily and it wasnt....but I did have a nice natural healthy glow that we all are looking for! I use moisturizer and powder on top with neutrogena mineral sheers powder also in Nude. Wish I had tried this years ago! I figured it was just an old outdated foundation that wouldnt be that great....maybe it's been around so long because it IS that good! I have tried a gazillion liquid foundations and NEVER had any luck. They would make me look gross, slide off my face and not accept powder well when I got oily and ended up with a cakey mess! This one will accept powder if you get a little shiny and it really didnt oxidize which was a plus. Love the shade. And for lasting power, I thought it was quite suburb and NOTHING lasts on me. I Will definitely use this forever! I have no idea why it gets bad reviews. Blows my mind as this is a good one. Doesnt emphasize pores! When we use long lasting drying foundations, it really does emphasize your pores! This is not oil control but for someone very combo skin, I dont think it made me oily...the foundation just became my skin...NOT CAKEY at all. When you use oil control foundations and you are oily, likely there is alcohol and that makes me more oily so I NEVER EVER EVER use an oil control foudnation on my combo/oily skin! it ALWAYS makes me more oily! I'm bad, but I use my fingers to blend this in. It blended beautifully and smoothly and was much more smooth feeling than any other neutrogena foundations I had tried....not sure if its moisturizing but definitely MAGIC IN A BOTTLE. I hope you all like it as much as I do! If you don't, and you think you are too oily, maybe make sure your cleansing products are full of alcohol. I don't use astringents any more as they make me a total grease ball! Good luck all! If you want a beautiful long lasting, natural finish that isnt cakey, you will love this!

UPDATE: AUG 2016: i am still absolutely loving this! MAYBE all in my head but I DO think
my skin is looking better after using this for a month or so. i love that i's so beautiful, accepts powder, makes me have a nice healthy glow and not oily. its a miracle. why didnt i try this years ago? I'm losing the little bit of sun that i did have so i'm now blending nude with a little classic ivory. I do use my fingers to blend. i wait a couple minutes and let it set before applying. i'm very combo skin and i do moisturize with a neutrogena anti wrinkle night cream (during day...yes...it has more retina in it) and oil of olay...the basic pink bottle and i look ten years younger....i kid you not....i have never had this much love for a foudnation and its a liquid!!!! I NEVER LIKE LIQUID FOUNDATION BUT this is my favorite. I'M SO HAPPYWITH THIS, I LIKELY WILL NEVER BUY ANY OTHER FOUNDATION EVER AGAIN. I LOVE IT THAT MUCH!

My go-too foundation for many years! I would be lost without it. I used to use the old formulation and panicked when they stopped making it. I used to wear shade softest gold or golden beige in the old formulation and wasn't sure which shade to pick in the new formulation since i didn't see either of those. Luckily Nude is a perfect match. I attribute the great condition of my skin in part to using this for many years with it's built-in SPF 20. Love that it has that. Offers great coverage too!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This foundation isn't bad, but it doesn't wow me, either. I've been looking for an HG drugstore foundation to suit my dry skin, but haven't found one yet.

I was hoping it would be this one, because I've heard great things about how it's perfect for dry skin, and has a nice finish for those of us with dry skin.

First, let me say that the finish is BEAUTIFUL. It brought my dry skin to life, and made it look naturally vibrant and almost dewy.

But sadly, it's not for me. :( It doesn't cover my pores well, and it keeps coming off of my nose. I don't have particularly large pores either, so this is strange.

I don't need a full coverage foundation, but I at least need something that doesn't make my nose look weird compared to the rest of my face. I tried all sorts of ways to apply this, from the beauty blender, other sponges, different brushes, and finally, my fingers.

But it was the same no matter what, so oh well. It's just not meant to be. I still gave it 3 stars just for the beautiful finish it gives, plus I think it would be a great foundation for mature skin with small pores.

on 6/1/2016 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I used this for about 6 weeks after ck one foundation was discontinued and I ran out of my last stock piled bottle. I started getting really rough skin within a week. Then I got a bunch of cystic acne followed by rosacea acne. It was so horribly painful not to mention terrible to look at. I went from perfectly clear skin to about 60 pimples on my face. I am not exaggerating. I stopped using it about a week and a half ago and my face is clearing up quickly.

on 4/24/2016 5:26:00 AM

Having used mostly highly end foundations and not liking the only other drug store foundation I have tried, I was very skeptical about all the rave reviews on YouTube about this but I got this on a whim one day and WOW! I was so surprised by how pretty it made my skin look i"even on a bad, dry, flakey skin day!

My skin is combination (very dry with somewhat oily t-zone) and this sat so well on my skin. It didn't settle into my pores or exaggerate my dry patches. It evened out my skin tone in a very pretty way. It's light to medium coverage and feels so comfortable on your skin. I can't believe there is a foundation for this price that performs so well! Tbh this is pretty comparable in performance and finish to my La Prairie and the only reason I prefer the La Prairie is bc I assume it has better skin ingredients for me and bc I have an exact color match to my skin so it looks amazingly natural on my face. But if you can find a great color match in this foundation, save yourself the $220 that the La Prairie costs and get this for $10 on sale at Target or CVS!

The only con is that there is no pump but at this price, I really can't even complain.

on 4/20/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this foundation. I had this foundation and it comes out watery but I think it did a good job covering scars. My scars are on the dark side. I think best used with a brush that will give you higher coverage or a beauty blender. I have very dry checks, around my mouth, and in between the eyebrows and this is so good for dry skin this finally gave me a dewy finish and I got so much compliments. I was using the clinque beyond perfecting foundation+concealer and I pick the neutrogena over it. The clinque is thick, and all of the shades have pink undertones. It did have really good coverage and dewy finish but how oily it gets you is crazy. I'm so dry and it looked like my nose was wet, it never set. I use powder and the UD oil control setting spray and it still didn't make a difference. I really wanted to like it, but the neutrogena is my HG. It's around $15 at rite aid no pump but I feel it gives you a lot of product.