Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid in Buff 30Liquid Foundation SwatchesHealthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Silica, Soymilk Powder, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Disodium Edta, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Fragrance

on 2/19/2017 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Sheer coverage, easily blendable, unscented.
I think it'd be fine for younger skin that needs just a bit of evening out (+ SPF). At my age, I feel like it just fell off my face by midday, and didn't do much.

on 2/18/2017 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
I have very pale skin and was able to find a color that matches my skin tone perfectly, which is usually very difficult. It also blends well, and looks very natural. I have sensitive skin, and this did not break me out at all.

Cons:
Coverage is light to medium. For me, I just used a good concealer and most days that was enough. But if you have very acne-prone skin or uneven skin tones, this may not be a great choice. I have very oily skin, and while this didn't get extremely oily on me, it also didn't do much to control it. By the end of the day, my skin is typically starting to look pretty oily. The packaging is also not great. There is really no way to control how much you are dispensing.

Overall, this is just an ok foundation. It isn't terrible and I will continue using the bottle I bought until I run out, but I will definitely not be purchasing again.

Edit: After about a week of daily use, I started getting cystic acne and my face broke out like crazy. :( Will not be using this any more!

on 1/7/2017 6:59:00 PM

I tried this literally on a whim. I always wanted to, but never found a decent match for my skin. After the new shades came out, I got the 85 Honey which is an exact match when swatched side by side with the makeup forever ultra HD in Y405 ( the old MUFE HD 153). For reference, I've worn MAC mace and body in C5 too.
I only powdered my nose and had it on for 12 hours. Granted it is winter, but I have combination skin with dry cheeks and my nose and chin get extremely oily. With this, I had no such problems. Unlike other long lasting foundations, this wasn't even super matte or tight feeling. It looked good and photographed well in daylight.
I gave the price a reasonable rating. Yes, it's on the expensive side for drugstore foundations, but I've noticed a general hike in the cost of all drugstore cosmetics and this is available on sale somewhere or the other if you live in the United States. I got it on the target website for $9.79. Plus I like it a lot better than some 'high end' foundations so I don't mind the cost.
Lastly, the packaging. It comes in a sturdy glass bottle and doesn't have a pump. It doesn't bother me at all, but it is something to consider if you prefer pump/tube style packaging.

on 1/6/2017 9:20:00 AM

Up to date Neutrogena is my favorite foundation. I've tried almay, physicians formula, revlon, kat von d, and armani.

It has light to medium coverage, I like medium coverage and appreciate how easy to build this is. The foundation seems to have a nice blur and glow. It isn't super dewy, but has a nice healthy look which I think aptly suits the name. I used to have cystic acne back in the day and (with some concealer of course) is pretty scar friendly. It never irritates my skin and the colors matches very well in the 10 ivory shade. (Come to think of it, if you have fair skin I don't think this brand has a good selection of colors since I've always considered my skin light.) Neutrogena is also my mom's very favorite foundation, so it must be in the genes.

I live in a northern climate and like this foundation Oct-May. It is a little on the wet and dewy side for the summer months, so I switch to the acne prone foundation from neutrogena in the summer that has a dry as a bone matte finish.

As I'm no longer a starving college student I am looking into designer brands but haven't found anything to beat this yet. However, I'm sure I will eventually. Although, I've got to say that I don't think I'll be beating neutrogena at it's price point for a long time to come. Always a safe buy and saves money for me.

on 9/29/2016 7:27:00 PM

I bought this because I figured the "healthy skin" factor would help/look good on me and give me a natural, sheer to medium coverage, but it looks AWFUL. It makes me look like I have alligator skin, and that I have a big red clown nose because it rubs off the end of it way too easily. I have tried applying it with a beauty blender and with a brush, and I've tried it with two different primers and sans primer, and I can't ever make it look good. It just looks like my skin is cracking. I haven't found a single other foundation that makes me look like that. I hate it.

This foundation is so-so for me. The application is pretty good, it doesn't settle into my fine lines immediately. I use this with a beauty blender to blend it. The wear is ok, it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. It probably lasts 5-6 hours at the most. I find it lasts longest with a setting spray (I use the NYX Matte Finish setting spray) and it makes my skin look pretty good. It does settle into my dry patches, however, which does make it look cakey at times.

Neutrogena foundations feel very tacky on my skin, it doesn't meld into it the way other products do. when I applied this it was OK but I felt like it never set, even with powder. it still felt wet about half hour after application. idk how to make this work so I'll be returning this

on 8/5/2016 11:46:00 PM

I have really dry hormonal acne, and ever since I was told by my dermatologist to use foundation/concealer with sunscreen in it, I've been using this as my go-to base and concealer. It's super light in texture, and goes on easy and covers pretty well. Mine wasn't really the right color at first, but I think spending more time in the sun with it helped, and now I apply it daily. I can't really find a connection between my acne breakouts and this makeup. I know if I've got it on for longer than 8 hours, it starts to irritate a bit, and does dry out if no moisturizer was applied underneath. I've read some reviews where acne-prone users report breaking out terribly afterwards, but I haven't really experienced that. It seems like a great product, and it's definitely kept me from getting sunburned. It's really a beautiful product, and will conceal my blemishes, wile still allowing the natural shades of my face to shine through. It's also a very affordable product.

If there's anything bad to be said about it, it's that it is sooo light, touching it in the slightest will rub it off. (Cleans off easy though, I guess?) Seriously though, have a good primer moisturizer, and avoid wearing it for 8+ hours if you can, (like I do :P).

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! I had given up on liquid foundations due to them just sliding off my
face and looking cakey and gross. it's super hot here, so it's a good test. I know Paula said it had some ingredient in it that "might" cause breakouts but probably not in such low amounts. This is NOT causing my SUPER sensitive skin to break out. i have very combo skin. Most liquid foundations slide off. This DOES give you a glow...but its SO NATURAL and not greasy! I blotted with a tissue in the bathroom to see if I was oily or just having a glow, and I was just a little glowy...nothing crazy but just healthy skin. I'm 52 so if you are wanting healthy looking skin that is natural, try this. The coverage is better on this foundation than any of the other neutrogena foundations. I only used one layer but I imagine with the beautiful consistency of this foudnation, you could layer with no problem. I have now tried all of the Neutrogena foundations::: skin clearing, long lasting and the cream foundation and I like this most. The long lasting was to drying and my face felt tight and it enhanced my pores and DID NOT LAST. The cream was okay but could settle in pores. The skin clearing foundation by neutrogena didnt last. This one I think lasts the longest and looks most natural. it is NOT cakey and just "becomes" your skin. Felt great all day...like I had nothing on. I am NC15-20 right now so got Nude which has some yellow undertones. It's a really good match. likley in the winter I will mix it with Classic Ivory. I REALLY love this foundation! I look so healthy and not flat but not oily. Those who say this makes you oily is probably just not used to a nice healthy glow. I touched my face at work to see if it was oily and it wasnt....but I did have a nice natural healthy glow that we all are looking for! I use moisturizer and powder on top with neutrogena mineral sheers powder also in Nude. Wish I had tried this years ago! I figured it was just an old outdated foundation that wouldnt be that great....maybe it's been around so long because it IS that good! I have tried a gazillion liquid foundations and NEVER had any luck. They would make me look gross, slide off my face and not accept powder well when I got oily and ended up with a cakey mess! This one will accept powder if you get a little shiny and it really didnt oxidize which was a plus. Love the shade. And for lasting power, I thought it was quite suburb and NOTHING lasts on me. I Will definitely use this forever! I have no idea why it gets bad reviews. Blows my mind as this is a good one. Doesnt emphasize pores! When we use long lasting drying foundations, it really does emphasize your pores! This is not oil control but for someone very combo skin, I dont think it made me oily...the foundation just became my skin...NOT CAKEY at all. When you use oil control foundations and you are oily, likely there is alcohol and that makes me more oily so I NEVER EVER EVER use an oil control foudnation on my combo/oily skin! it ALWAYS makes me more oily! I'm bad, but I use my fingers to blend this in. It blended beautifully and smoothly and was much more smooth feeling than any other neutrogena foundations I had tried....not sure if its moisturizing but definitely MAGIC IN A BOTTLE. I hope you all like it as much as I do! If you don't, and you think you are too oily, maybe make sure your cleansing products are full of alcohol. I don't use astringents any more as they make me a total grease ball! Good luck all! If you want a beautiful long lasting, natural finish that isnt cakey, you will love this!

UPDATE: AUG 2016: i am still absolutely loving this! MAYBE all in my head but I DO think
my skin is looking better after using this for a month or so. i love that i's so beautiful, accepts powder, makes me have a nice healthy glow and not oily. its a miracle. why didnt i try this years ago? I'm losing the little bit of sun that i did have so i'm now blending nude with a little classic ivory. I do use my fingers to blend. i wait a couple minutes and let it set before applying. i'm very combo skin and i do moisturize with a neutrogena anti wrinkle night cream (during day...yes...it has more retina in it) and oil of olay...the basic pink bottle and i look ten years younger....i kid you not....i have never had this much love for a foudnation and its a liquid!!!! I NEVER LIKE LIQUID FOUNDATION BUT this is my favorite. I'M SO HAPPYWITH THIS, I LIKELY WILL NEVER BUY ANY OTHER FOUNDATION EVER AGAIN. I LOVE IT THAT MUCH!

My go-too foundation for many years! I would be lost without it. I used to use the old formulation and panicked when they stopped making it. I used to wear shade softest gold or golden beige in the old formulation and wasn't sure which shade to pick in the new formulation since i didn't see either of those. Luckily Nude is a perfect match. I attribute the great condition of my skin in part to using this for many years with it's built-in SPF 20. Love that it has that. Offers great coverage too!