Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Silica, Soymilk Powder, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Disodium Edta, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Fragrance

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! I had given up on liquid foundations due to them just sliding off my
face and looking cakey and gross. it's super hot here, so it's a good test. I know Paula said it had some ingredient in it that "might" cause breakouts but probably not in such low amounts. This is NOT causing my SUPER sensitive skin to break out. i have very combo skin. Most liquid foundations slide off. This DOES give you a glow...but its SO NATURAL and not greasy! I blotted with a tissue in the bathroom to see if I was oily or just having a glow, and I was just a little glowy...nothing crazy but just healthy skin. I'm 52 so if you are wanting healthy looking skin that is natural, try this. The coverage is better on this foundation than any of the other neutrogena foundations. I only used one layer but I imagine with the beautiful consistency of this foudnation, you could layer with no problem. I have now tried all of the Neutrogena foundations::: skin clearing, long lasting and the cream foundation and I like this most. The long lasting was to drying and my face felt tight and it enhanced my pores and DID NOT LAST. The cream was okay but could settle in pores. The skin clearing foundation by neutrogena didnt last. This one I think lasts the longest and looks most natural. it is NOT cakey and just "becomes" your skin. Felt great all day...like I had nothing on. I am NC15-20 right now so got Nude which has some yellow undertones. It's a really good match. likley in the winter I will mix it with Classic Ivory. I REALLY love this foundation! I look so healthy and not flat but not oily. Those who say this makes you oily is probably just not used to a nice healthy glow. I touched my face at work to see if it was oily and it wasnt....but I did have a nice natural healthy glow that we all are looking for! I use moisturizer and powder on top with neutrogena mineral sheers powder also in Nude. Wish I had tried this years ago! I figured it was just an old outdated foundation that wouldnt be that great....maybe it's been around so long because it IS that good! I have tried a gazillion liquid foundations and NEVER had any luck. They would make me look gross, slide off my face and not accept powder well when I got oily and ended up with a cakey mess! This one will accept powder if you get a little shiny and it really didnt oxidize which was a plus. Love the shade. And for lasting power, I thought it was quite suburb and NOTHING lasts on me. I Will definitely use this forever! I have no idea why it gets bad reviews. Blows my mind as this is a good one. Doesnt emphasize pores! When we use long lasting drying foundations, it really does emphasize your pores! This is not oil control but for someone very combo skin, I dont think it made me oily...the foundation just became my skin...NOT CAKEY at all. When you use oil control foundations and you are oily, likely there is alcohol and that makes me more oily so I NEVER EVER EVER use an oil control foudnation on my combo/oily skin! it ALWAYS makes me more oily! I'm bad, but I use my fingers to blend this in. It blended beautifully and smoothly and was much more smooth feeling than any other neutrogena foundations I had tried....not sure if its moisturizing but definitely MAGIC IN A BOTTLE. I hope you all like it as much as I do! If you don't, and you think you are too oily, maybe make sure your cleansing products are full of alcohol. I don't use astringents any more as they make me a total grease ball! Good luck all! If you want a beautiful long lasting, natural finish that isnt cakey, you will love this!

My go-too foundation for many years! I would be lost without it. I used to use the old formulation and panicked when they stopped making it. I used to wear shade softest gold or golden beige in the old formulation and wasn't sure which shade to pick in the new formulation since i didn't see either of those. Luckily Nude is a perfect match. I attribute the great condition of my skin in part to using this for many years with it's built-in SPF 20. Love that it has that. Offers great coverage too!

To Read all 690 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This foundation isn't bad, but it doesn't wow me, either. I've been looking for an HG drugstore foundation to suit my dry skin, but haven't found one yet.

I was hoping it would be this one, because I've heard great things about how it's perfect for dry skin, and has a nice finish for those of us with dry skin.

First, let me say that the finish is BEAUTIFUL. It brought my dry skin to life, and made it look naturally vibrant and almost dewy.

But sadly, it's not for me. :( It doesn't cover my pores well, and it keeps coming off of my nose. I don't have particularly large pores either, so this is strange.

I don't need a full coverage foundation, but I at least need something that doesn't make my nose look weird compared to the rest of my face. I tried all sorts of ways to apply this, from the beauty blender, other sponges, different brushes, and finally, my fingers.

But it was the same no matter what, so oh well. It's just not meant to be. I still gave it 3 stars just for the beautiful finish it gives, plus I think it would be a great foundation for mature skin with small pores.

on 6/1/2016 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I used this for about 6 weeks after ck one foundation was discontinued and I ran out of my last stock piled bottle. I started getting really rough skin within a week. Then I got a bunch of cystic acne followed by rosacea acne. It was so horribly painful not to mention terrible to look at. I went from perfectly clear skin to about 60 pimples on my face. I am not exaggerating. I stopped using it about a week and a half ago and my face is clearing up quickly.

on 4/24/2016 5:26:00 AM

Having used mostly highly end foundations and not liking the only other drug store foundation I have tried, I was very skeptical about all the rave reviews on YouTube about this but I got this on a whim one day and WOW! I was so surprised by how pretty it made my skin look i"even on a bad, dry, flakey skin day!

My skin is combination (very dry with somewhat oily t-zone) and this sat so well on my skin. It didn't settle into my pores or exaggerate my dry patches. It evened out my skin tone in a very pretty way. It's light to medium coverage and feels so comfortable on your skin. I can't believe there is a foundation for this price that performs so well! Tbh this is pretty comparable in performance and finish to my La Prairie and the only reason I prefer the La Prairie is bc I assume it has better skin ingredients for me and bc I have an exact color match to my skin so it looks amazingly natural on my face. But if you can find a great color match in this foundation, save yourself the $220 that the La Prairie costs and get this for $10 on sale at Target or CVS!

The only con is that there is no pump but at this price, I really can't even complain.

on 4/20/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this foundation. I had this foundation and it comes out watery but I think it did a good job covering scars. My scars are on the dark side. I think best used with a brush that will give you higher coverage or a beauty blender. I have very dry checks, around my mouth, and in between the eyebrows and this is so good for dry skin this finally gave me a dewy finish and I got so much compliments. I was using the clinque beyond perfecting foundation+concealer and I pick the neutrogena over it. The clinque is thick, and all of the shades have pink undertones. It did have really good coverage and dewy finish but how oily it gets you is crazy. I'm so dry and it looked like my nose was wet, it never set. I use powder and the UD oil control setting spray and it still didn't make a difference. I really wanted to like it, but the neutrogena is my HG. It's around $15 at rite aid no pump but I feel it gives you a lot of product.

on 4/6/2016 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have many different brands of liquid foundation makeup in my bathroom cabinet. This is the one I will continue to buy. I love the way it applies. It gives that smooth appearance. It is not greasy and it's not cakey. It's gives a soft glow. It is very comparable to Nars Sheer Glow but without the hefty price tag. I'm in the shade nude. I will definately repurchase.

on 3/30/2016 1:04:00 PM

Did not work for me. Although it seemed very thin when it came out of the bottle, it became very thick once I started to spread it. Would not lie evenly at all. It separated so much it looked like water spread over an oil base, and I have pretty normal skin. (Although I have to say it was very evenly splotchy over my entire face.)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

TRIED THIS IN THE LIGHTEST SHADE,IT TURNED ORANGE,IT MIGHT BE GOOD ON SKIN,BUT COLOR RANGE NOT SO GOOD.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Since I started a Retin-A regime, I have looked for a foundation with spf in it to add a little more protection to my skin during the day. I have tried a few foundations but I return to this one.

It has a good range of shades and buff fits me well for now. In the summer, I might go a shade darker but buff blends perfect. I apply with a wet sponge and it covers well and you can build it up where you need a little extra help. I don't feel its presence on my skin so it is not heavy. It is not matte nor is it shiny. I can't stand foundations that cause you to have an odd sheen because it accentuates things like forehead lines or any imperfections. This has a natural look to it.

I volunteer and do many group projects in my spare time and I will say that I have been stopped by other women and asked what I use on my face. They tell me that I have such a natural glow. I have even been approached by other women in the make up aisle and asked what I use "if anything".

It feels good on my skin, I like the way it makes my skin look and others seem to agree so this is my go too and a keeper.