L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum
L'oreal Smooth Intense Anti Frizz SerumSmooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.3

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

on 9/3/2005 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a sworn by Kerastase Olea Relax serum girl..it is my savior. It smooths my naturally coarse, wavy hair, whethet I want it styled a bit fuller, or prepping it for a straightening iron. However, while I do LOVE Kerastase, since I use it EVERY DAY, I do not love the $$. Recently I moved to CA, and altbough I find it odd, Longs Drugstore carries Kerastase (with an even higher markup than salons) BUT on a whim, I decided to compare the ingredients in Oleo Relax serum to the Loreal Vive Smoothing Serum. I know that Loreal now owns Kerastase, and I have to say, the top ingrediants are the same, and the difference was the source of oils. The packaging is remarkablly similar, and the true test, was the consistency or viscosity of the Loreal Vive is the same as the Olea Relax (that is what I have always hated about any other serum on teh market..they are always thick and goopy) So, for the whopping price of $3.99 at Longs Drug, I decided to try the Vive Smoothing, and did 1/2 my hair with it, 1/2 my hair with my tried and true Kerastase Olea Relax. No difference. Really. The pump works the same, the product feels the same, slightly different smell but still along the sunflower line, and both had the same results..smoother hair

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Update 12/5/09 - I've been trying out serums lately and while this one is great, I've found a couple others that work a bit better(especially when mixed with Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Glaze) - namely Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine and Frizz Ease Extra Strength. Plus the L'oreal is hard to find anymore.

Original review:
I must have hit my head on something the day I stopped using this stuff. Why? Oh yeah - internet myths. >_< As in - cones are "bad", Pantene/drugstore products are evil, shampoo is bad for your hair and scalp, etc. Now after trying everything else(that SUCKED to be honest), I'm back to finding what **MY** hair likes. And this serum is one of those things. :-)

My hair is shoulder length, naturally curly, baby fine, and prone to frizz. I "re-discovered" this line(the shampoo, cond, and serum) hiding in the back of my closet(product graveyard). I used to use this line - alternating with Pantene and Infusium - about 5 years ago when my hair was WAIST length, chemically treated, and dyed. It should have been a mess, but it was beautiful and silky. Especially when I used the Smooth Intense line of products. Now that my hair is natural(and curly), I use this when I want to wear it wavy.

I just shampoo, cond, use a bit of the cond as a leave-in(pea-size dollop mixed w/water), then the coordinating serum. Put my hair up in a bun or 2. When I take it down I have soft, smooth, SILKY, shiny waves that are 100% tangle free. O_O

My only compaint is that I haven't seen the serum around my area lately so I may have to search for it. But being the PJ that I am, I'll probably just end up using something else instead. Would repurchase.

They must've rerereleased this, because the bottle I bought is clear with an opalescent finish and a pink nozzle bit. The name is the same though, so my review goes here.

I have thick, barely wavy hair that poofs up like a balloon when it's humid outside. This in combination with Tresemme's anti frizz spray has kept my hair looking much more well-behaved and sleeker after I've blow dried it straight. I can see the difference right away when I apply it to dry hair. It goes instantly shiny and softer at once. It doesn't do much in the way of taming those tiny flyaway hairs around your part. Haven't tried it on wet hair yet (that's what I use the Tresemme for).

It smells lightly of watermelon. The smell doesn't linger. The viscosity is on the runny side, not very sticky and washes off your hands easily, unlike many hair oils. I seem to be going through it rather quickly though (near-daily use).

on 11/7/2010 7:05:00 AM

I don't really use this product every day (I hate having too much hair product build-up on my hair). I tend to use when my hair feels so uncooperative.

I have thin hair, as in thin by the strand but as a whole, my hair gets pouffy because I've done a bit of a damage to it. So whenever my hair dries and it doesn't dry the way I want to (sleek but with volume), I pump a small amount of this serum, spread it all over my palms, and generously apply it on my hair starting with the ends then going up.

Some people apply this with damp hair but see, damp hair doesn't necessarily mean dry. Damp hair has bits of water in it and I find it contradicting to apply this product while your hair is from wet to damp because this is basically oil and we all know that oil and water will never go together. So I tell you, apply this with DRY and not damp hair. Aside from actually seeing results, you don't waste the product.

I have to tell you though that if you really have dry and rebellious hair, this thing won't magically make it look hydrated and sleek. It doesn't weigh the hair down, I tell you. It CONTROLS the frizz but it doesn't miraculously gets rid of it in the long run. It is thin in consistency that's why it's easy to run on your hair but also thin enough to just tame MINOR frizz and not drastic ones. Also, if you have curly and really wavy hair, don't ever expect this thing to make it straight. This thing is an anti-frizz serum, not a relaxer.

I still love it because I normally don't get greasy hair with using this stuff like how it normally it gets greasy whenever I don't wear anything on my hair, which is odd.

This is practically ideal for me since I can't afford all the expensive anti frizz hair serum. And about comparing this with the kerastase oleo relax serum, well I've tried that and I can honetsly say that the oleo relax one is only by 5% better in sleeking out the waves of your hair. But this loreal one is better because it less than half the price of the kerastase one and does the job almost 95% as kerastase. (Wait why am I even saying this when kerastase in under the loreal company!)

So if you don't have that much hair trouble to begin with and you want something to tame your unruly hair every now and then without having to splurge money, then I highly recommend it.

PRO's:

-Affordable AS COMPARED TO other brands
-Makes the hair look manageable WITHOUT weighing it down
-Gives a good amount of shine WIHOUT making it look greasy
-DOES tames frizziness here and there
-Makes curled hair look so much more flatteringly wavy
-Hair feels smoother and healthier

CON's:

-The pump is out of control. I only need half a pump of this serum for my hair length, but it always pumps in full. You can never half-pump this.
-It's very hard to find this nowadays. I HOPE THEY DON'T DISCONTINUE THIS. :(

on 12/28/2014 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I have an unruly, frizzy, treated, dry, and very voluminous hair-- imagine, it's almost always a "bad hair day" for me! I decided to have a pixie cut which worsened the situation and made the frizz and fly-aways more apparent. Thus, I opted to try a less harsh approach and looked for hair serums and luckily found this. I apply this product in my sorta damp and towel dried hair, and I must say it does magic! My hair now looks smooth, silky, behaved, and less voluminous. If I really need to look sleek, I use around 5 pumps on the sides and back of my hair and it does the trick. Also, like some of the reviewers mentioned, if it doesn't work in one application, give it a week and you will see the difference. I've been using this since May 2014 and I can see the drastic improvement in my hair. I highly recommend this product! I don't really like writing reviews about beauty products because I believe that effects of such products really vary per individual, however, I feel thankful to this product for allowing me experience my greatest hair day moments! It's essential to me, I couldn't imagine my hair without it.

on 9/18/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start by saying that the product does not look like the orange bottles shown on top of the reviews. I am very picky when it comes to hair products and hardly come across anything good. Except for Kerastase and a couple of One'n'Only products, nothing comes close to my expectations. I have a thick set of unruly hair. It is prone to frizz and damage like no tomorrow. Due to my hair's fast growth, I have to color it every 10 days so you can imagine the damage. This product feels heavy on the hair but does a great job in making hair look and feel silky and beautiful. As a Kerastase Oleo Relax serum user, I have to say that this does a better job in smoothing my hair. Most importantly, my hair does not fall as much. Usually, smoothing products do a number on the roots and cause huge hair fall. Also, this does a great job in combating frizz in humidity. Many products, including One'n'Only Aragon oil serums and Oleo-Relax, do not come close to the performance of this product. Once the product dries in your hair, it does not feel greasy at all. In fact, it provides volume and shape. I use a curling iron after using this on dry hair. My curls never looked better. I also use this on wet hair before blow drying. It keeps my hair smooth and without frizz. Love this and highly recommend it.

on 1/12/2014 1:53:00 AM

I really like this product! Not the best thing ever, but it does the job with a affordable price tag. This serum is very light weight and DOES NOT weigh my thin hair down at all. Adds shine and makes hair soft.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The is a great product. Having tried many serums from the salon, Moroccan oil and anything else you can think of I can honestly say this is the best value for money. I have fine hair and this product smooth my hair beautifully, helps stop tangling and ads shine without weighing it down. I usually put 2 pumps in my hair when wet before blow drying and another pump once I finish curling which helps make the curls look polished and tidy. The product is also great to keep in your handbag for a day at the beach or to quickly tidy hair before after work drinks. Highly recommend!

on 10/31/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

L'Oreal recently re-released this product under the name 'Nutri-Sleek Anti Frizz Serum' and it's the exact same thing. I used to use the Smooth Intense version and LOVED it and was disappointed to see they had discontinued it. I'm so glad they brought this product out again and I hope they won't let us down this time. I love love love this serum so much. I apply a drop before blow drying and another drop after. It makes my dry and frizzy hair intensely smooth. I run my fingers through my hair multiple times a day and it really stays tangle free all day. My hair also looks shiner, just overall better. I feel like I'm back to my original, untreated, baby Asian hair. The bottle is small but inexpensive (around CAN$7) and it will probably last a long time. Completely worth it!

on 6/21/2005 3:45:00 PM

I have thick, curly, unruly hair. Recently, my hairdresser cut it way too short, and it's been a frizzy mess ever since (especially with the humid weather!)

I picked up a bottle of L'Oreal smooth intense anti-frizz serum, and it's been GREAT. (I am using it with my regular shampoo and L'Oreal smooth intense conditioner.) My hair feels softer than it ever has. The frizz is tamed.

If I use the straight iron on my hair, it actually calms right down - if I don't use the straight iron, then it curls, but in a soft, good way.

This is a great product at a great price. My only complaint is with the packaging - the pump mechanism is so strong that it shoots the product across the room if I'm not careful!

Popular Styling Products