Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by skin tone : Other

2.9

1) Wonderful for overcast days and congested sinuses.
2) Has a very specific mood, upper-crusty, cerebral and melancholic (from a time melancholy wasn't a shame to be obscured by pharmaceuticals).
3) Not for teenyboppers and girls who want to appear all clean, candylike and cheerful.
4) Haunting mix of moss, greens, patchouli and woods.
5) Strongly reminiscent of Guerlain's Vol de Nuit - but less floral and soft.
6) Use a light hand!

As someone who can remember how wonderful this perfume used to be, I can best describe how I feel about it now in in the following description. The current version is but a black and white photograph compared to how it used to be in glorious colour. No comparison. And a great pity. Some reformulated fragrances compare quite favourably to the originals, not so with Miss Dior.

This perfume is lovely. Unfortuately, it doesn't last on me more than hour. Sob. I've not had this problem with perfume before. I put it down to skin chemistry and bad luck.

Well, my string of admiration for Diors had to end sometime, I guess, and Miss Dior was the proverbial straw. On the other hand, maybe I am just not able to understand its charms. Anyways, to me, Miss Dior smelled very powdery, oakmossy and ***ahem*** “old-fashioned” (I believe that is the politically correct term nowadays). As far as comparisons go, it is very similar to Ma Griffe but not as pleasant/interesting as Ivoire. Good sillage.

Miss Dior is a beautiful, sparkling chypre. I love the sage that is in this. When i was a kid my mother used to make a dinner called chicken curry. To me, this smells just like my mothers chicken curry. Nice and spicy. Also, i get notes of fresh cut hay as well. A very formal, dress up type scent when you're going out in a tuxedo.

A nice, French, sharp chypre that dries down to a warm woody base. Very appropriate with Dior's "New Look" of the 50s, which is when this classic came out. Reminds me a bit of Chanel 19. Too harsh and perfumey for my tastes, but classics fans should check this out.

Miss Dior... ahhh, this scent always brings back fond memories. :) A friend introduced me to this when she was working at a Dior counter in the '80s, and I immediately fell in love with it. Beautiful, classic scent with such a touching story behind it's creation which adds to its appeal. :) Comes in a very chic frosted, houndstooth-detailed bottle. I especially love wearing Miss Dior in autumn/winter.