Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of my old favourites and a staple in my fragrance wardrobe.
There are only a handful of perfumes I will re-purchase and Miss Dior is one of them.
I get loads of compliments when I wear it and unlike some woody scents it has a nice light drydown on me.

I bought it after being inspired by a cosmetics and perfume module at college--the professor had hailed it as the ultimate chypre fragrance, befitting ladies of elegant and glamourous personalities. I admit it is quite glam-smelling at the first sniff, but after a while it kind of sits like this heavy artificial vapour of chemicals on my clothes. I get a headache if I spray too much. These days I only brazen to use it if I'm bored with my Body Shop Oceanus or if there is an evening function to attend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'd heard about this fragrance in connection with the history of fashion--the scent that accompanied Dior's New Look in 1947. These accounts always call it a floral, exemplifying the return to luxury and femininity. So, when I received a bundle of chypres in a swap (and what a wonderful swap it was!), I was surprised to see this EDT included, and to find out it's actually a green floral chypre.

Anything that begins with galbanum and ends with oakmoss is alright by me. The floral character is most pronounced in the middle of its run. I liked it even better as it dried down and got mossier. At this point, it has an almost powdery--but not at all musty--quality as well, reminiscent of Chanel 19 with its light touch of leather. The overall effect is still sweet, but not cloying. A dainty chypre.

To me this is classic, inoffensive and very low-risk. I get mostly white flowers and a hint of soapiness, drying down to a very gentle slightly-soapy leather in about two hours. Nicely done but does not wow me. I might wear it as a daytime scent if I got it as a gift but I don't actually feel compelled to purchase it for myself.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Very sharp and dusty on me. Too dry, too edged. There was no elegance or sophistication here, just a spoiled woman yelling to have her own way. Not for me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I had the good fortune of smelling the vintage Miss Dior from a very generous MUAer. Lucky me! It's a gorgeous leather chypre that really opens up to reveal a hot femme fatale, dashing about on some metropolic avenue; miticulously put together wearing a new buttery leather coat, dark sunglasses and fine french silk scarf blowing in the cool breeze. You get behind 'Miss Dior' in line (que) at the pharmacy-- you can smell gardenia (probably her bathsoap), the coat, and a very soft floral sprayed on her scarf. Very french and elegant! From what you see in her basket; she's just run out to pick up a last minute bottle of wine, birth control and candles. That coat hides what she's wearing underneath, but you manage to get a glimpse to reveal some fine french black lace underneath. A sexy dress or is it her lingerie? Oh my! This gal is packing heat for sure! If you are a guy you want to follow her home -- if you are a girl you might want to follow her home as well - she's that sexy! She's what most women want to be at some stage during their life -- sexy, mysterious and quite possibly down-right dangerous! Miss Dior should be worn during that time in a woman's life -- when she is/feels that sexy -- from 18 - 80! Elegant, timeless, sophisticatication with some danger thrown in for balance. This is how I wanted Bandit to be, yet unfortunately wasn't. Leather, lace and a little naughty... wear it the next time you want to be mysterious and heat things up a notch or two. A scent to enjoy in any season for those occasions where you want to make a statement of profound feminine desire and passion.

I just love Miss Dior. But my boyfriend doesn't. Is anyone finding boys are not big fun of it?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If anyone is having trouble finding this product, it can be found at Fragrancenet.com.

In the US, I believe Saks has the exclusive on it.

In Canada it is available at Holt Renfrew.

This bears no resemblance whatsoever to Miss Dior Cherie which is a syrupy mess and yes, widely available.

I am doing this so that the demand will remain for the classic beauties and it will not be discontinued. I do not understand why the perfume companies discontinue fragrances that have an established clientelle. Are you listening Lancome/Magie Noire? I had the temptation of smelling a tester of the older formula Magie Noire at Shoppers Drugmar last week and when I got home decided I had to have it. No luck, gone. Only reformulated EdT thin, watery no resemblance to older formulation. Pity.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far my favorite perfume and will continue being my favorite.

At first, I did not like the smell because it smelled like a strong, old lady perfume.
But, knowing that the name had a "miss" in it, and was most likely made for younger women, and also knowing that this was a very popular smell, I decided to give it a try.

This stuff is great. The staying power is good, and the smell is much better worn than in the bottle. I have gotten many compliments from peers as well, and they range from teens to early twenties. It does not smell like old lady perfume on a person.

My older sister, who is not interested in fragrances at all, said that someone "smelled pretty". Even my dad, who usually wrinkles his nose at smells thought it was nice. Aside from my family, my sorority sisters also always wonder who smells so lovely.

It gives off a subtle smell, and it causes more like a whiff of nicely scented air when I walk past. It is really a lovely smell. Would definitely buy again.

I do, however, believe I have the original formula. It has lasted because it sat in the dark cupboard, unopened since my mother received it from her mother when she was very young. I have heard that since then the perfume has been reformulated and is not as good. However, if it is not that different, the high price-tag is definitely worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own the original vintage glass bottle of this Miss Dior pure perfume. I got this when I was 19 when I flew from England back home to Hong Kong by British Airways. At 19 back then (I am now 45), I already knew that it is precious to pick up this perfume while I could get it duty free on the plane. I got this perfume at 15ml (very concentrate) together with a 30ml Eau De Gucci bottle, which is also now became a rare vintage.

Both perfumes stood the test of time. Even now, they are still in great condition and the scents stayed put all these years (I stored them well), also due to their potency.

I love Miss Dior, it smells a little strong for the first 2 minutes during wearing. In a few moments, the warmth of our skin transforms it into a classy, warm, smooth and comforting scent and stay for the rest of the day. It works with a lot of women's body chemistry. A few dabs are all I need - It last me ALL THESE YEARS! I only wear this on very special occasions throughout these years. I would say this is not for too suitable to wear on a hot humid summer day, more for fall to winter, or early spring kind of perfume.

I went to Sephora to check out their recent version of Miss Dior perfume - bottle looks the same - but the smell is more dilute & sweet, not the same like the original vintage version....too bad! I would definitely buy it again if the scent improves more like its original.