Clinique All About Eyes

Clinique All About Eyes
All About EyesClinique All About Eyes

3.0

cyclopentasiloxane -water - isostearyl palmitate - polyethylene - butylene glycol - polysilicone-11 - ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer - mulberry root extract - caffeine - phytosphingosine - wheat bran extract - scutellaria baicalensis root extract - whey protein - olive fruit extract - green tea leaf extract - cholesterol - linoleic acid - tocopheryl acetate - magnesium ascorbyl phosphate - pyridoxine dipalmitate - sucrose - glycerin - dimethicone - glyceryl laurate - peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone - quaternium-18 bentonite - petrolatum - cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone - propylene carbonate - sodium chloride - disodium edta - sodium sulfite - sodium metabisulfite - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, ci 77499).

on 1/21/2017 6:15:00 PM

Wow! I am so impressed by this eye cream. I truly didn't expect to love it so much. I was using this in conjunction with Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk and the original (not the Plus version) of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisture Lotion. My skin has never looked better! The skin around my eyes felt so soft and smooth. And I know it wasn't supposed to do much in the way of fine lines, but on the days when I used this I swear they were less noticeable. Where I think this really excelled was in reducing puffiness. My lids get really puffy if I don't get enough sleep, and this seemed to make them just magically shrink. I am definitely going to have to get another jar of this super cream!

on 1/17/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Have been using this eye gel/cream, on and off for years+. The texture is very smooth, thin and it feels cooling. It absorbs quickly and you only need a little bit. I use it all around my eyes, up to brows, and all over my horribly dark under eye circles. I alternate with the Boots No. 7 beautiful skin vitality eye roll-on (Walgreens discontinued here in northern az), which also feels lightweight, moisturizes well, without making me breakout along the lash line. The price is high, but a container lasts me about a year. One concern is there is quite a bit of silicone in the formula, and I've read that prolonged silicone use on skin (especially near the eyes) can be damaging over time. Curious if any other reviewer has knowledge/experience with the silicone issue.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has a great feel on the skin if you like a smooth, gel-like feeling. I experienced a cooling type of sensation when used it and enjoyed how emollient it is. It is NOT creamy but rather a little bit of a greasy gel if that makes sense. I like how it felt on the skin but at the same time, it didn't absorb so great. My skin runs a little dry so I was surprised it didn't absorb. Usually my skin drinks up anything it can get! Probably would not repurchase. Not really sure it did much for me.

Continuing my search for a good undereye cream that caters to very sensitive skin I was given this sample by someone at Bloomingdales. This extremely frustrating cream caused milia around my eyes. It just sat on top of the skin and would get into my eyes. I can't even with this.

on 10/22/2016 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used to love this stuff back when I was a teenager and didn't know any better. Fast forward to being an adult and I can't believe they still make this crap. The formula hasn't changed at all. It's not an awful formula by any means. But it's so low thrill. Knowing what I know today, I would never pay that much for the ingredients this has.

Pros:
-It is very emollient. I'm giving it 2 lippies for that rather than 1 because there have been plenty of eye creams that were not thick enough. This definitely is.

Cons:
-Overpriced
-Full of silicone (cyclopentasiloxane is literally the top ingredient in it)
-Any "anti-aging" antioxidants this does have are 100% useless due to the fact it's in tub packaging. Even if they were properly formulated in this, the tub packaging would kill it. Antioxidant efficiency diminishes each time it is exposed to air and light. Hence why reputable companies invest in UV proof jar packaging.
-Caused milia for my undereye area. I believe that is mainly due to the cyclopentasiloxane I mentioned, since that's the #1 silicone to clog acne prone skin.

Will never repurchase.

on 9/27/2016 1:24:00 PM

I was looking for an ordinary eye cream and picked this up, not expecting much. A bit of moisture for my under eye area – a regular thing to expect from an eye cream of this price, I'd say.

However, I was very disappointed after just a couple of uses. I started using this only during my nighttime routine, and each morning I woke up with more and more swollen eyes. After a couple of uses, I started my mornings barely being able to open my eyes fully, which felt like the opposite of what this product claims! Instead of depuffing, it increased the puffiness ?

I was stupid enough to keep using the product not coming to the conclusion it was my eye cream creating all this mess – I thought it was some bacteria entering one way or another... But the continuous use of it only made it worse. I started noticing how flakey and dry both my eyelids and the under eye area had turned. So dry that it became wrinkled and I was unable to use any sort of makeup on top of it.

After a week and a half probably, this eye cream was put far away from my skincare drawer when I woke up, not only with the horrible swelling and awfully dry under eye area, but with red circles around my eyes! As if I had been crying for days, and no product could help cover this up.

My eyes had a hard time recovering from this, and for someone who never really and suffered from dehydrated eye area this was an experience, one could say. I mean, I was aware I had sort of sensitive skin, but I have never reacted this badly before, so that's why the Clinique All About Eyes eye cream is getting the low rating from me.

on 9/4/2016 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a huge issue with Clinique products, considering they are marketed at people with sensitive skin. I used this product to relieve some dry winter skin around my eyes, but instead gave me a horrible allergic reaction and irritated my eyes. The gel is not ideal, doesn't moisturise properly and instead dries with a sticky horrible texture. Pot packaging is also a nuisance. One month later, still trying to get my eyes back to normal after this left them scaly, red and stingy. People with sensitive skin should avoid this product and all Clinique products for that matter (as they are full of crap chemicals) and opt for products with less ingredients.

on 7/15/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is an ok product. I haven't noticed it reducing puffiness or dark eyes under my eyes.

Also, for a moisturiser, this product is actually not moisturising enough. It gets completely absorbed. In fact, since using this product, I have noticed fine lines, where previously I had none! (previously I was using SKII and Lancome). This is also surprising since I have combo skin, with oily skin around my eyes.

**Just a note - the texture is a bit like a hard cream, which softens up Vs Lancome's Genifique and SKI stem power creams which are a softer, fluffier cream or Genifique Eye Light-Pearl Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate is a serum**

Wouldn't recommend.

Helps to reduce puffiness and dark eye circles. Very light weight feeling, almost like a jelly. Cooling feeling once applied. Small amount goes a long way. Does not irritate my skin and I wear contacts.

on 5/9/2016 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Okay after reading most of the reviews I've come to the conclusion that because its expensive and not a drug store brand - you seem to think it must do miracles. Sadly people - it wont. Its just a cream and because you paid a few more euros for it doesn't mean its a miracle worker.