Clinique All About Eyes

Clinique All About Eyes
All About EyesClinique All About Eyes

3.0

cyclopentasiloxane -water - isostearyl palmitate - polyethylene - butylene glycol - polysilicone-11 - ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer - mulberry root extract - caffeine - phytosphingosine - wheat bran extract - scutellaria baicalensis root extract - whey protein - olive fruit extract - green tea leaf extract - cholesterol - linoleic acid - tocopheryl acetate - magnesium ascorbyl phosphate - pyridoxine dipalmitate - sucrose - glycerin - dimethicone - glyceryl laurate - peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone - quaternium-18 bentonite - petrolatum - cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone - propylene carbonate - sodium chloride - disodium edta - sodium sulfite - sodium metabisulfite - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, ci 77499).

I've just bought this, used twice a day for 2 days so far. I'm not seeing any visible effects. Packaging is decent, I like the size and the round jar as it's convenient and cute. The product has a gel-cream like consistency and does not sting on application. However, I seem to think that my under eye circles appear a little darker and more puffy than before.. not sure if i'm just paying more attention to the area to "examine" if I am seeing any effect from the eye cream or that the eye cream is the cause of these new observations. I'll keep applying the eye cream and we'll see.. It's $63 in Singapore, quite expensive for a small pot.

on 6/12/2017 5:18:00 PM

I'm not excited about the price, but I did buy it when they had their GWP. I used it for years and have been searching for a new product. With all the money I was wasting on products that didn't work, I figured I would give it another try. I'm glad I did. My eyelids are naturally oily so I was more concerned with the puffiness and dark circles. Simply put, this is my HG eye cream. I have extremely fair skin so even the slightest hint of darkness around my eyes ages me. I actually use a very small amount so it lasts a long time for me. I also use castor oil in my eyelashes and eyebrows so I get an additional moisture boost. I would prefer a pump as I'm very vigilant about germs. I just turned 42 and people are surprised by how young I look.

on 1/21/2017 6:15:00 PM

Wow! I am so impressed by this eye cream. I truly didn't expect to love it so much. I was using this in conjunction with Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk and the original (not the Plus version) of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisture Lotion. My skin has never looked better! The skin around my eyes felt so soft and smooth. And I know it wasn't supposed to do much in the way of fine lines, but on the days when I used this I swear they were less noticeable. Where I think this really excelled was in reducing puffiness. My lids get really puffy if I don't get enough sleep, and this seemed to make them just magically shrink. I am definitely going to have to get another jar of this super cream!

on 5/10/2017 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So, I knew I had sensitive skin, but yikes, it must be crazy sensitive. I did not expect this to irritate me so bad. I expected soothing moisture, but it felt thin, disappeared (like I hadn't put anything there) and left a slight sting in my eye area. And that is not it "working". On me, it means, "get it off, get it off". I have tried to work through the pain on other skin care only to be left with red, irritated skin. So, no, not rebuying, not using again and not a fan.

on 1/17/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Have been using this eye gel/cream, on and off for years+. The texture is very smooth, thin and it feels cooling. It absorbs quickly and you only need a little bit. I use it all around my eyes, up to brows, and all over my horribly dark under eye circles. I alternate with the Boots No. 7 beautiful skin vitality eye roll-on (Walgreens discontinued here in northern az), which also feels lightweight, moisturizes well, without making me breakout along the lash line. The price is high, but a container lasts me about a year. One concern is there is quite a bit of silicone in the formula, and I've read that prolonged silicone use on skin (especially near the eyes) can be damaging over time. Curious if any other reviewer has knowledge/experience with the silicone issue.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this eye cream on and off for about two weeks now. Once I put it on, it nearly disappears from my skin within the next ten minutes to the point where it doesn't feel moisturizing at all. There is no lingering smell and it doesn't irritate my skin. But over the last two weeks, I've noticed milia and pimples popping up in my eye area that has never happened before. I can only contribute this problem to the Clinque's eye cream. This has never happened to me before and I will be using the rest of the cream on other parts of my body. I am disappointed in this product. I am left with two either milia or whiteheads in my eye areas.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has a great feel on the skin if you like a smooth, gel-like feeling. I experienced a cooling type of sensation when used it and enjoyed how emollient it is. It is NOT creamy but rather a little bit of a greasy gel if that makes sense. I like how it felt on the skin but at the same time, it didn't absorb so great. My skin runs a little dry so I was surprised it didn't absorb. Usually my skin drinks up anything it can get! Probably would not repurchase. Not really sure it did much for me.

on 10/22/2016 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used to love this stuff back when I was a teenager and didn't know any better. Fast forward to being an adult and I can't believe they still make this crap. The formula hasn't changed at all. It's not an awful formula by any means. But it's so low thrill. Knowing what I know today, I would never pay that much for the ingredients this has.

Pros:
-It is very emollient. I'm giving it 2 lippies for that rather than 1 because there have been plenty of eye creams that were not thick enough. This definitely is.

Cons:
-Overpriced
-Full of silicone (cyclopentasiloxane is literally the top ingredient in it)
-Any "anti-aging" antioxidants this does have are 100% useless due to the fact it's in tub packaging. Even if they were properly formulated in this, the tub packaging would kill it. Antioxidant efficiency diminishes each time it is exposed to air and light. Hence why reputable companies invest in UV proof jar packaging.
-Caused milia for my undereye area. I believe that is mainly due to the cyclopentasiloxane I mentioned, since that's the #1 silicone to clog acne prone skin.

Will never repurchase.

Continuing my search for a good undereye cream that caters to very sensitive skin I was given this sample by someone at Bloomingdales. This extremely frustrating cream caused milia around my eyes. It just sat on top of the skin and would get into my eyes. I can't even with this.

on 9/27/2016 1:24:00 PM

I was looking for an ordinary eye cream and picked this up, not expecting much. A bit of moisture for my under eye area – a regular thing to expect from an eye cream of this price, I'd say.

However, I was very disappointed after just a couple of uses. I started using this only during my nighttime routine, and each morning I woke up with more and more swollen eyes. After a couple of uses, I started my mornings barely being able to open my eyes fully, which felt like the opposite of what this product claims! Instead of depuffing, it increased the puffiness ?

I was stupid enough to keep using the product not coming to the conclusion it was my eye cream creating all this mess – I thought it was some bacteria entering one way or another... But the continuous use of it only made it worse. I started noticing how flakey and dry both my eyelids and the under eye area had turned. So dry that it became wrinkled and I was unable to use any sort of makeup on top of it.

After a week and a half probably, this eye cream was put far away from my skincare drawer when I woke up, not only with the horrible swelling and awfully dry under eye area, but with red circles around my eyes! As if I had been crying for days, and no product could help cover this up.

My eyes had a hard time recovering from this, and for someone who never really and suffered from dehydrated eye area this was an experience, one could say. I mean, I was aware I had sort of sensitive skin, but I have never reacted this badly before, so that's why the Clinique All About Eyes eye cream is getting the low rating from me.