Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
 Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

4.2

I bought this after reading reviews and may I say it is the only GREAT blind buy that I have ever made . This is a work of art , a timeless womanly scent and very balanced. Many years ago it was a pricey product , but it is not a pittance that smells EXPENSIVE. If you like roses, you can't go wrong .

Tea Rose has light sillage, meaning those sitting near you might get a slight whiff , but it is delicate and not an in your face frag like Opium or Addict .I think it would elicit compliments, but not annoy those who detest perfume. I would feel safe wearing it near those people who whine about being sensitive to perfume .It has perfect sillage and also is LASTING .

May I suggest buying it for a friend or loved one as a gift ? I bought one for me , and one for another friend who is in the hospital now . It is a classy fragrance that would appeal to a broad spectrum of women.

Finally , since I am writing about classic fragrances that are fantastic values , I might add that another two that are equally beautiful are Tojours Moi , and Fancy Love ( Jessica Simpson ). I have purchased many bottles of Diors, Guerlains , and Chanels, but can assure the readers that these fragrances are as lovely as the most expensive potions that have ever been created , and also have been praised by perfumers as outstanding fragrances .

on 7/4/2016 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my bedtime perfume. I shower at night and put this on. Husband adores it and it feels like clean lovely sleep to me. I ran out, tried a variety of other fragrances, and ended up back with Tea Rose. Hope they keep making it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I too have memories attached to ts scent, so my review is colored by that a bit. I do love all rose scents however, and this one does not dissapoint! This is a clean, soapy rose on me. I never fail to get compliments on how "nice" I smell when wearing this. This reminds me of "Rose Milk" lotion from the 70's. I spent a short time in the states as a child and loved that lotion...this fragrance comes pretty close to that. Simple, clean and pretty. The price is perfect and the huge size allows me to occasionally just scent the air when I am feeling nostalgic. While I love niche fragrances, I think it's good to have a few "feel good" fragrances around too!

on 11/18/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

This is the truest rose scent available on the market today, and for an incredibly reasonable price. I wear it every day and always get compliments.

This is a beautiful, true, dewy, fresh from the garden bunch of roses. On me there is a slight musk on the drydown. It is also one of the few rose perfumes that don't turn sour on me. However I am not a big fan of single note perfumes. So why have I given it a high rating? I love to wear it to bed, particularly in summer. Some fragrances, particularly rose and jasmine, have a cooling effect that is delightful in hot weather.

Yes this is a sillage monster. I would prefer this came in a roll on rather than a spray as it would be easier to control how much you apply. One of the problems with this fragrance is that it can easily be overapplied and I think this is the reason for some of the low ratings.

This is so cheap that you can use it as a room spray if you don't like it as a perfume. If you love roses, buy this, just remember to apply sparingly.

Edit: Although this is a fairly true tea rose fragrance, it does smell different on individuals depending on their body chemistry. As mentioned above, it smells a little musky on me when it dries down. On my best friend it smells much brighter with a sharp lemony citrus drydown. Even with this fragrance, try before you buy and don't just judge by the way it smells on the paper blotter.

on 6/28/2013 4:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Wow, this one seems to engender serious emotional responses and not a few negative memory connections! Reading over the reviews, the five previous to my entry here are all colored by memory. I will say upfront that I had no connection with this fragrance prior to trying it. What that means is that, on me, Parfumer's Workshop Tea Rose is a plain, simple tea rose scent that is almost true. I don't know what happened to all the other notes, but I got a basic, simple yellow rose that is fresh and lovely. That's it. Nothing fancy, nothing icky and certainly didn't make anyone sick. Maybe you have to wear a tiny bit. I never wear more than a dab of any perfume. Soaking your skin in this would definitely be too too much, but that goes for almost every fragrance out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nicole Kidman wears this.
Princess Diana reportedly wore this.

Tea Rose by The Perfumer's Workshop is a real classic. I am extremely delighted to be able to find a bottle in Singapore. 56ml retails for S$9.90 and 125 ml for S$14.50.

Initially, I wasn't used to Tea Rose and it probably wasn't used to me. It smelt like a strong, old, and even dusty rose. There was a strange rubbery note to it. It lasted barely four hours on me and turned mildly sour. I was devastated.

Then, one week later I accompanied my friend to get her bottle of Tea Rose. She spritzed it on and I smelt how wonderfully pink it was. A bouquet of giant pink tea roses in full bloom. From then on, my nose seemed to have cleared and tea rose smelt fantastic on me. Tea roses blooming with a mild bitter edge to it, perhaps the reason why it's called tea rose (tea is bitter?). I have a notion that this smells better in colder climates.

I am happily spraying this almost everyday now as it is simply so gorgeous. When longevity fails me, I'd layer it with Crabtree&Evelyn's rosewater lotion to keep it going for 8-9 hours.

Highly recommend. It's most likely not made of real rose oil but hey, it has achieved such a realistic rose note that even pricier fragrances fail at. If you like roses, you must get this.

on 3/17/2013 3:41:00 PM

Forget all the chi-chi, absurdly over-priced rose niche perfumes. If you want to smell like a genuine tea rose this is the scent you should reach for. The most important thing is ONE spritz between your boobs is all you need. Seriously. That will last you the rest of the day. And you're getting this from someone who likes to spray perfume on like it was air freshner. But with this any more than a small spritz is overkill and it will ruin it for you. It will be too strong, too harsh. Pretty much goes for a song online, these days. I used to wear it ages ago, and I wouldn't hesitate to wear it again.

on 9/2/2012 1:03:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this fragrance but gave it 4 stars because of it's true tea rose scent, it's insane lasting power and silage, and it's dirt cheap price.

First, I had to transfer 3mls of this fragrance to an old mini perfume bottle with a stopper instead of a spray, I find that even spraying this into the air and walking through it imparts a bit too much of the fragrance onto me because it is monstrously strong. Dabbing it lightly is the only way to go for my personal use. I use so little of this when I do wear it that I'm guessing the giant 100ml bottle I bought for 10$ may go bad before I get event half way through it.

The scent is linear, single note massive strong and true tea rose. It probably is the single strongest rose perfume I've ever smelled. I love rose scents, but this perfume has taught me that I prefer them mixed with other notes rather than on their own. So I use this fragrance primarily for layering, and also as the occasional air freshener (I would probably use it as an air freshener more often if my boyfriend liked rose scents but sadly he does not). I like to mix it with other rose based perfumes that I feel could have a bit more rose, and it works amazingly for that.

I do understand why some people say this reminds them of rotting roses. When used at certain times and usually in large amounts I also detect a hint of this at first, it can be extremely offensive when like this. Fortunately it does not smell rotting to me most of the time. Overall, for what this is, I think this fragrance has a lot to offer. The one thing I would really like to see change is the bottle, it's hideous and cheap looking, they could easily make a more attractive bottle for the same price...

This is a very unique scent. It's just FLORAL.. nothing but roses and big flowers.. It actually smells like Cabbage Patch Kids, if anyone remembers how they smell haha! It is *extremely* strong.. And it is so easy to go overboard, so I like layering this with a fruitier body spray, like one of the VS Pink ones and just putting half a spray on my wrists. This is a really nice, cheap fragrance to have.

Popular Fragrances