4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

This is one of the nicest compact powders with a luminous natural finish that is always flattering. I have used this in the colours 20, 30 and 40 since its launch in 2000 and come back to it after trying other loose and compact powders (like La Mer and La Prairie). It is more covering than the loose powder variant but easier to carry with you and for touch-ups. You get an extremely finely milled product in very natural (more yellowish) colours and finish. The container contains a larger amount of products than you get from other brands for higher price. A bonus is that it is fragrance-free. The only negative thing I can mention is that they did change the applicator to something of a much poorer quality. It is a pity since the original applicator was not only much thicker but also felt softer on application. And could be easily washed several times without smouldering up like the latter replacement. Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

About reviewer (293 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This is the best pressed powder I have ever used. Worth every penny, and I don't think it is actually that much more expensive than some of the more mainstream department store brands. I have never worn foundation, but like to finish with a few brushstrokes of something after moisturizing. I have tried so many brands over the years, but I will never look back! This sets my skin but is not excessively matte. The translucent colour is perfect -- no oxidizing, no dullness, no white cast. Anyway... if you're researching powders, save yourself the work and buy this one!

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I purchased this quite a while back to use as a setting / touch up powder over my Perfection Lumiere (now discont.) foundation. I was looking through old photos and realize that between that foundation and this powder, my skin looked so pretty and flawless. I will definitely be repurchasing this powder as it's very convenient for travel and touch ups. It works really well, feels nice, and doesn't break me out (like my beloved, yet loathed Studio Fix!). Not a full coverage foundation, more of a setting powder, but does add a little something more than just a setting powder, if that makes sense? Yes, I would recommend.

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

No. 30 translucent. Great fine powder to make my t-zone less shiny. Great for touchups. I like the big mirror. One lippie less because the puff looks and feels cheap, a bit of a disappointment considering the price. Otherwise a great fine powder that gets rid of the shine without the look of heavy powder, almost invisible after applying. Would purchase again.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3 years ago

(Minor) Correction: this is 15grams not 15 OUNCES yes I'm sure a pound of powder would go far for me lol. There is what, 454 grams in a pound (don't quote me on that 1)? I just adore this powder. It is the most mattifying powder I have come across. This, MAC studio fix, & MAC blot powder are my fave powders. Seems like I use up powders quickly which sux coz powders are so much $$ so expensive for a good quality 1. I don't like any of the drugstore powders out there. I got myself 20 Beige for xmas it's a perfect match (& an NC20 MAC studiofix compact) so I'm set for powders for now. If you want a good powder check out Chanel & MAC. Beige 20 in Chanel is an NC20 in MAC. The best powders for oily skin are Chanel/MAC. The Cadillac no better powders I've tried! And I'm a major resident greaseball.

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

I didnt like this at first but I gave it another try after letting it sit on my desk for months untouched, I really love it now, its very light and natural. I use it everyday and you only need the smallest amount, it lasts ages.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I really like this pressed powder for touch ups. It's a really fine milled powder, even more fine than MAC powders. When you apply it, you don't see it at all, it will just mattify the face and add a touch of luminosity. It's very natural looking. It really helps my foundation last a little longer. I don't use this to set my foundation however, I use MAC careblend pressed powder in light for the initial set. I will then use Chanel for touch ups. I use number 30 which is perfect but number 20 also works although 20 is a fraction too light. I am NC 20 in MAC foundations. It costs $88 AUD for 15g which is grossly expensive but it's worth it. And since i only use it for touch ups, i won't go through it as quickly as my MAC careblend powder.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

4 years ago

I really wanted/expected to love this , however have been slightly disappointed , I found the powder to feel kind of dry and chalky and although it seemed fine milled and sheer if too much was applied it did look chalky , I also found the shade natural 30 although matched my usual powders quite well on my skin after a while it left a patchy orange tint and only in certain places as though it has oxidised , I didn't have any dry patches so it baffled me slightly -found the Mac select sheer powder and Younique mineral pressed powder to be much better they are both much more silky in texture and blend into the skin much better so they are not visible but skin is flawless and matte this one seemed heavier and sat on top of my foundation not really doing much other than giving me an orange tint -it's possibly I may have been better suited to a lighter shade and it may be ok in the summer when I have more of a tan -I'm also yet to try it with a powder brush I've only used the applicator it came with which is pretty rubbish so my opinion may change

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

Chanel never fails to impress, this powder is another HG product for me! It works beautifully as a setting powder, or can be worn by itself on lazy makeup days/ hot summer days when you can't be bothered with applying a liquid foundation underneath. Didn't use the sponge applicator it came with, but applied using a Real Techniques buffing brush.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

4 years ago

First up, isn't the packaging gorgeous? Sorry, couldn't resist putting it out there first! :) The product inside is as lovely as the packaging itself, i picked this up at duty free in haste as I just realized I had forgotten to pack a setting powder just before heading back to see my grandma - one needs to look good for grandmas! It certainly isn't the most amazing mattifying setting powder - it only keeps the oilies at bay for around 4 hours - a standard product in my books as I have yet to find that one product that keeps me looking shine-free all day. However, it does give more than regular setting powders. It has more dimension that the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - this one does keep me looking matte and sometimes a tad flat if I overdo my powder, something I do quite often, unfortunately. Im that crazy powder lady. It is very finely milled, so finely milled that it is practically undetectable on the skin upon application. It sets my makeup well, doesn't leave me looking ghostly despite me layering it on - crazy powder lady at it again - and just makes me look good. I rarely repurchase powders as they last quite a while and I love trying out new stuff, but this is something I will repurchase over and over because it just works beautifully.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool