L'Oreal Lash Architect Mascara Waterproof Formula

L'Oreal Lash Architect Mascara Waterproof Formula

3.3

on 3/14/2017 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great mascara for bottom lashes.
I never used to use mascara in my bottom lashes because it would always lead to smudging and dark blotches under my eyes. Also, my usual mascara (dior extase etc) had such a thick wand it would make getting to the bottom lashes tricky and, if I hold the wand vertically it always led to caking.
So, I figured a very basic, waterproof mascara would be great for bottom lashes and this one fits the bill perfectly.
The wand is very small and the formula is rather dry and clumpy. When I first bought it it almost seemed as if it was used/empty because there seemed to be zero product on the brush. Using it on my upper lashes is impossible- it doesnt even seem to be able to coat the lashes, like there's just not enough product there and its dry and clumpy.
But, for bottom lashes it's fine- just adds colour to the lashes, which is perfect since I dont need volume for the bottom ones. Doesnt run or smudge, even in the hot summer months.
Highly recommended for bottom lashes!

on 2/2/2017 9:12:00 PM

Good formula, did a good job of lengthening, while also making lashes look fuller.
The waterproof claim held up more than with a lot of other mascaras I've used, and the didn't flake at all, which is a problem seems to happen with most mascaras.

on 9/7/2016 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a good product and held up well whilst swimming but didnt do much for lengthening or thickening my lashes. I would repurchase.

on 8/25/2016 2:43:00 AM

This is your average waterproof mascara. It didn't do anything to enhance my lashes, but it did live up to being waterproof and jet black. Also the brush is great (love the wand). However the mascara itself was very ho-hum and for this reason I won't be buying again.

on 4/10/2016 2:38:00 AM

The only mascara which holds my curl and really lengthens. Most mascaras I've tried tend to make my lashes drop straight down again even after I've curled them. It is not a volumizing mascara though.

on 11/12/2014 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Frankly, the packaging was the big appeal of this mascara for me... I had not heard anything about it or bothered to read many reviews, saw it on sale and was attracted by the interesting shape and size of the wand so I bought it. L'oreal marketing, you win. The product itself isn't too bad, the mascara is a lengthening and separating formula however it does tend to weigh my sparse, straight lashes down, which is not a great thing. I was able to maximise it by pairing it with the use of a different mascara first, then I use this one to separate any clumps. I wouldn't repurchase because it's not spectacular, but it is pretty and does wear well (long lasting, especially the waterproof version) and if you already have good lashes, you might find this performs well. Difficult to take off but that's to be expected in a waterproof formula.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This L'oreal Lash Architect 4D Mascara Waterproof Formula (in green packaging) was came in a X'mas gift set along with 2 Infallible shadows for HKD145. I have been wanting to try out these eyeshadows and I was running out of mascara, so I decided to get this set.

I've not had much experience with L'oreal mascara but I remember trying out their double ended mascaras long time ago. Anyway, I didn't have high expectation with this L'oreal 4D Architect Mascara.

I've been using this mascara for months now. I honestly do not like it. It does help darkening the colour of my lashes which makes my lashes look a little bit fuller. However, it doesn't give you that wow effect on volumizing or lengthening. I would only use it after a few coats of lengthening mascara.

Even I've already got the waterproof formula because of my oily eyelids, it still smudges during the day. I would have to clean up my eyelids every few hours so as not to look like a mess.

I would not recommend this to anyone with oily eyelid. If you have naturally long lashes, it might be a good choice for you to make your lashes look a bit thicker and the gift set is no doubt a really good deal. Due to my short and thin layer of eyelashes, I wouldn't buy this mascara again.

on 8/27/2013 4:45:00 PM

OMG I bought this just to try out as I didn't fancy spending 20 pound on "designer" mascara and I was affraid it would be rubbish as the last mascara I bought from L'Oreal a good 10 years ago was, but its AMAZING.

I always go for a lengthening and defining waterproof formula, as I'm not bothered about the volume. I need it to be waterproof because my eyelashes are very thick and long-ish but completely poker straight, so I have to curl them and then apply waterproof mascara, otherwise they go flat again.

I'm SO impressed with this. Bought it as a part of a 2 for 14 pound offer in Boots, UK. It promised to lengthen without emphasising the volume, plus it was waterproof, so I thought I'd give it a go to replace my long gone Lancome Hypnose (waterproof!) and hope for the best.

This mascara holds the curl as well as Hypnose, for half the price! I'm so chuffed. Even after hours of wearing it, if I look up, I can feel my lashes touching my eyelids, that's a VERY good sign for us ladies with straight, flat lashes. It lengthens, thickens and defines without flaking or feeling sticky or gluey.

Love it. I'm gutted there was only one left after I bought mine today. Might have to try eBay to stock up on this!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My friend recommended this product because I was looking for a mascara that would add volume to my lashes.
It does a good job and I do like the mascara but i need to be careful and make sure that i don't get too much product into my lashes because it will look clumpy. So what I do is I use a tissue paper and wipe off any excess before applying it on my lashes and it looks great.

Since I am Asian and I have short and straight lashes I need to use a waterproof formula with any mascara that I use otherwise my curls won't hold.

on 12/1/2012 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I originally bought the regular, non-waterproof version of this mascara. I really liked the dramatic look it gave me, but I found that it flaked absolutely atrociously! I have never had such a bad problem with flaking EVER as I had with that.

So, I thought that I would give the mascara another try in the waterproof formula, as I guessed it would be less flake-prone. Thankfully, I was right! I've just bought my second tube of this mascara today, which says something as I virtually never repurchase mascaras!

This mascara gives me full, dark, defined lashes, and I can build it up to be as subtle or dramatic as I want. I've not experienced any issues with clumping, although I do usually have to remove some excess from the brush before applying.

My lashes are long and fairly curled, and also not too sparse. The problem is that they're fine and very pale from about halfway up. This mascara thickened without sticking the lashes together and has a nice, rich, black colour.

As far as waterproofing is concerned, it works very well for me. To be honest, sometimes it works a bit too well as it can be a total pain to remove in the evening.

One lippie removed because of the annoyance of taking it off, and the fact that the packaging is a bit ugly. Otherwise, it's great!

Popular Mascaras