Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

on 5/21/2017 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

These don't give my hair enough moisture...I need something with more slip...

on 2/20/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My husband started stealing my R+Co conditioner, and because he has great hair, he can use anything. I always liked the small of it, and so grabbed him a bottle for 0.88. I used it this morning...and my difficult hair looks better than it has in quite a while. I have fine, heavily highlighted 2b/3a hair that I'm trying to grow out after a lot of breakage from fused extensions. I can't believe this conditioner-the curls are soft, defined, perfect. Really, give this a try. I know people use it as a Co-wash, and I'm going to try that next.

on 12/1/2016 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this to donate to "less fortunate" at the holidays. Seemed ok for $.99.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I like most of the Vo5 conditioners but this particular one doesn't work so well for me. After rinsing my hair feels very silky but once dried it leaves my hair feeling a bit dry and looking frizzy. I'm not sure if there's a different ingredient in it or what. I'm also not crazy about the scent; I like strawberries but this smells like a plastic-y strawberry margarita. I doubt I'll purchase this one again.

on 9/9/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Another candidate for my favorite CO-washing shampoo! It's nice and thin and it cleans without stripping, leaving my hair shiny and soft. The smell is just to die for - reminds me of when I used this stuff as a teenager! In fact, the only reason that it's not my definitive favorite is that the smell doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. Nevertheless, a really good silicone-free CO-washing option that I'll buy again and again.

on 4/30/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Cheap yet great conditioner! I recently bought some to use for my new co-washing method. I love that VO5's conditioners are easily obtainable, very reasonably priced, have a consistency on the thin side (too thick would make my hair too heavy), don't contain silicones, and come in many varieties! co-washing with this conditioner makes my hair feel light so that the natural waves and curls can show through. I do need a little extra on my ends to sufficiently moisturize them, but that's just fine with me. of course, the smell is also quite nice! on my last shopping trip, I bought this along with three other VO5 conditioners. let's see how I like those!

on 2/6/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm quite surprised. I was looking for a drugstore silicone-free conditioner. Wasn't expecting it to come in such a cheap price. After reading the ingredient list twice to make sure I decided for a buck I'll try it. I'm pleasantly surprised! It detangled and my hair felt soft. It was a good basic conditioner for a really great price. Nothing mind blowing but nice. Scent a little too sweet for me. I think I'll try the other scents VO5 has but if I won't mind buying this one if the others don't work out for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros

- moisturizing
- lightweight
- detangles
- no silicone

Cons

- none

Comments: A silicone-free conditioner that doesn't weigh my hair down for just a dollar. This detangles very well and works great as a leave-in, reducing frizz and making hair incredibly soft.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am extremely disappointed that this product smells, but does not taste, like Strawberry Quik. What a tease! You'd think a product that works fantastically for washing, conditioning, AND shaving could at least do quadruple-duty as breakfast. Man. I want my 99 cents back!!!

on 12/18/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the texture of all VO5 conditioners and this one is no different. It makes my hair smooth and clean feeling after CO-washing. The ONLY thing I'm not crazy about is the scent. It's not that I hate the fragrance, but it reminds me of the scent of strawberry Quick powder and the scent lingers on me. I am so pleased with the performance but there are other VO5 scents that I like better so I probably won't repurchase.