CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.7

on 10/26/2011 4:34:00 PM

Struggled to tolerate the (overpowering) smell with this product. In the end, the smell was a deal-breaker, even though the tanning result was welcomed (light, natural). Pity, really.

on 6/10/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is probably the best self tanner I've ever used. It goes on very easily and smoothly, and doesn't streak at all. The color isn't orange or obvious. The color is noticeably darker after just 1 use (but not ridiculous looking) A little bit of product goes a looong way so the price is justified.

on 3/7/2006 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was in love with my Neostrata ST (and still am), but I wanted something else that wouldn't stain my clothes,so I thought I'd try this based on the good reviews in here. And now I love this too! I only applied it twice, 2 days apart, and I look like I just came back from vacation. The colour is golden brown, very natural looking, (Neostrata gives me more of a brownish look so I'll use that during the summer months), smells OK (after a while you do get the ST smell but it's not too strong), and it's very easy to apply, although it's a clear gel. It dries up fast (15 min max), and best of all, it doesn't stain clothes. In a way I prefer this one to Neostrata, because while with N. if you wash your face for example and some water drips along your arms you get streaks, because of the tinted bronzer, with this one there is no streaking what so ever, the color stays the same even after showering. I have yet to try to use this on my face, so I'll update after I do that. (Neostrata worked just fine on my face too, no breakouts).
UPDATE: it works great on my face too!! Yay!!! Not only that I didn't get any breakouts, but my face looks smoother,softer, and the colour is more even than the Neostrata. And it lasts longer (5 days already) My new HG!

on 8/31/2005 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This gets high marks for ease of application, color results (I have natural golden undertones in my skin and this looks very natural, yet noticeable on me-not orange or muddy), and the fact that I can use it all over the body & face without any irritation. Only two downsides...1)takes a while to dry completely without having color transfer to clothing. I have to wait at least 15-20 minutes before dressing, and even then my skin still feels a bit sticky; 2) the scent is kind of a faint floral-chemical that reminds me of hair color developer mixed with generic dog shampoo (LOL!!!)...it's not as bad as it sounds, but the strange scent does linger on the skin the whole day & will stick to clothing. I find that most self tanners have less than appealing fragrance in general. This is a good self tanner product for dry skin especially because it remains dewy -- I don't need a separate moisturizer after using this.

on 5/16/2005 6:57:00 AM

Among the 4 tanners I have tried, this allowed me to apply the product the most quickly. However, it is colourless, thus making it difficult to detect where you have already applied it. Also, after applying 3 coats, there was only a hint of colour(which I found quite yellowish)! I was quite disappointed & will not be repurchasing. However, for those out there who want only a hint of colour, they might want to try this, otherwise, I won't recommand this. It was quite expensive too!

on 9/4/2004 5:17:00 PM

This is a great self tanner which gives a nice golden color and does not leave an odd odor on your skin after application. Application of the gel is relatively easy and doesn't leave an orange or streaky finish.