Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

on 4/24/2017 3:38:00 AM

I'm very pale and i really like the colour of this.

Spread evenly and not streaky. I can apply it with my hands and it washes off them completely so no need to use a mitt. I cover hands in moisturiser then wash them after and use a makeup brush to spread a little more around my wrists and hands and get a good result.

It takes a while to dry, about an hour. It's clear and easy to spread. You do feel like it doesn't dry completely but doesn't bother me. It doesn't transfer into anything at all, bed sheets and pyjamas stain free.

Good colour lasts about 3 days and then fades but it's still there 7 days after. You do need to top up mid week.

Overall it's reliable and a great tanner. Looks natural on the face as well. I don't find i need much so i don't mind the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for a couple weeks and it gives a nice color, but I just cannot stand the stickiness. This never dries on me. I feel like I'm covered in maple syrup all night. It has a nice light smell and the color is nice, but it does not dry. That is a deal breaker for me. I will use up the tube because it is a little pricey, but I will not repurchase.

on 2/8/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Tried this gel for the first time this morning. Applied after my shower/exfoliation - I used a mitt. It went on smooth and it felt a bit sticky for a while. I stayed undressed for about 20 minutes to avoid blotchiness. By about an hour it felt like I had nothing on my skin, which was good. I haven't applied any to my face as I prefer to just use foundation to match my neck (I have had breakouts from tanners in the past when I applied them to my face), so I can't give a judgement on that aspect.

Pros
- Colour - very nice natural tone. I am white as snow normally and this has given me a great subtle healthy colour.
- Smell - There is a fake tanner smell with this product but I found it fades fast and it didn't bother me at all during my day.
- Coverage - So far hasn't streaked which is fantastic. It's fairly even all over and I'm impressed with how it looks on my neck, as the colour hasn't gotten into my lines.

Cons
- Price - for $50 it's hard to justify purchasing. I will buy it again but it's very expensive!

It's taken about 6 hours for the colour to develop and I'm really liking it. I think I will continue to build until I reach a colour level I'm happy with, so probably about two more applications worth.

This is my all time favorite self tanner! The colour looks amazing on my skin and I get plenty of compliments when wearing this self tanner

on 12/4/2012 6:15:00 AM

This is the first time I'm commenting on Makeupalley. And I just had to make a review on this product because it is a HUGE favorite of mine.

I think the divided opinions on this tanner might be because it has different results on different hair/skin types. I am a light skinned natural blonde, and for me this tanner is just PERFECT. I feel like a bombshell everytime I use it! It just gives me this perfect natural, golden brown color as if I've been to the beach every day for a week. I think the perfect color comes out when I've used the cream for 2-3 days in a rode, but that is just my personal taste.

I do agree that the smell is a bit strange, but its definitely not a bad smell. My boyfriend even says I smell wonderfully after I put this cream on! and I do think the smell is much less intense the morning after. I usually put it on in the evening and shower it off in the morning, that way any possible smell is gone when you're off for work or school.

There are so many things I like about this product - it's so difficult to get a bad result! I never get streaks or uneven color, or spots on my hands for example. Also, the cream leaves my skin really really smooth. I have acne prone skin, and I don't get breakouts from using this on my face.

I've even got compliments from people about my "lovely color" when I've been using it. No one believes me when I say I use a self tanner!

So - my conclusion is that if you're a blonde with light skin - you might want to try this out!! It works wonders for me!

on 7/3/2012 11:22:00 AM

I expected more fom Clarins. I used to use one of their self tanners years ago and it worked fine. This barely shows on my skin and can be a bit greasy. I think I'll stick with L'oreal Sublime. It's much cheaper and gives me a nice natural tan.

on 5/14/2012 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

Beautiful effect. Not exactly instant, but pretty quick. Natural looking, not orange. Smells like dried fruit,,,but not overpowering. Generous amount in tube. Will definitely buy again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Over rated....just use st tropez mousse...much better

on 6/1/2010 10:58:00 AM

I bought this based on the recommendations here and I'm not really convinced it is worth the money. The first time I applied it (with a glove) I didn't notice any color at all! I am super pale, so I figured SOMETHING would show up. I reapplied the next morning and now can tell I'm slightly more "golden". It's not orange, but not bronze either. It doesn't look bad, but I was expecting more for the money. It did apply very evenly without splotching, although I was being meticulous and exfoliated well. I'm glad I bought it because I am going on the lake this weekend and don't want to blind people with my paleness, but when this bottle runs out (which won't take long) I'm looking elsewhere for a sunless tan.

on 3/5/2010 3:40:00 PM

I have very fair skin and my legs NEVER tan. This product is a lifesaver for the days I wear skirts or shorts. The tan is great and not a gross orangey color nor does it leave streaks. The smell is pretty awful though and the packaging is not the greatest. I usually cut off the top part of the package to get the remaining gel...it's expensive so you better believe I'm going to get my money's worth!