OPI RapiDry Top Coat

OPI RapiDry Top Coat

2.9

on 5/20/2017 3:22:00 PM

Oh lord this top coat is bad, it is very quick drying but my (OPI) polish did not last 24 hours before chipping. Not only that, it got super think and gloopy after like 4 uses. I love OPI polish but this is the worst top coat!

on 10/26/2016 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm very surprised by the negative reviews as I really like this top coat. It has been sitting in my nail drawer and I'm so glad I didn't purge it.
I prefer it over the much loved Seche Vite as the OPI top coat doesn't give my polish the 'shrinkage' that SV does. Of course, YMMV.

True to its name, OPI RapiDry does dry rather quickly. I do my nails before bed and no issues with polish on my sheets.
I have no issues with the application - it's smooth and even. The SV can be a little gloppy at times, especially if I'm almost done with the top coat.
My manicures last about 5 days with this top coat which is standard for me. (I don't wear gloves when doing dishes and I'm pretty tough on my nails overall)

A definite re-purchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased a mini bottle of this to try it out as OPIs regular top coat dries waaaaay too slowly for me.
I had heard good things about this top coat but I haven't found anything good about this product so far!
Firstly, and most importantly, this top coat does NOT dry fast. In fact it does the opposite. It takes hours to dry and when it eventually does I don't even think the state it's in could be called dry.
I can still make dents in it 12 hours after application and it always seems like there's a layer of polish somewhere permanently wet as I can press on it and leave marks days later.

The application is also horrendous. It gets gloppy whilst trying to apply it to nails and it does not self level at all. I found it also tended to drag polish. I found this so weird as I've never come across a top coat which goes gloppy quickly yet takes forever to dry. When I apply it, it bubbles and I have NO IDEA how because there will be no bubbles in the bottle!

I've seen it suggested this product be used in conjunction with the Rapidry spray but I won't be purchasing it. I don't think I should have to purchase two products to get a decent top coat.

The only good thing I have to say about this top coat is no shrinkage
I will not be wasting my money again

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes, it dries your nails faster. They are dry to the touch after a minute and pretty much dry after 15. It also provides a nice shine.

HOWEVER, this makes my nails chip like crazy! A day later, I'll have at least one chip and two days later, I basically have to take everything off and start over.

So if you like to change your polish very often, this is a good top coat. Otherwise, stay away!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Just like an ordinary top coat. It doesn't dry faster nor lasts longer. After 3 days my nail polish was already gone.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am on my 2nd bottle now and both bottles got really gunky only 1/2 way through. It got so thick that it was impossible to apply. I called OPI ad they replaced my 1st bottle saying that I should refrigerate it. The refrigerated bottle did the same thing. Because of this I will not buy again. It is too pricey to waste 1/2 of it. It does make my polish last longer. On my hand the polish used to only last about 3 days before chipping, but with OPI Rapid Dry, it lasts almost a week. That is great, but halfway through, the bottle the product becomes useless. Some say that is normal for quick dry formulas, but when I used Orly In a Snap, which I love, that bottle lasted for years. I am going to go back to that and also try Seche vite which seems to be a favorite of many.

on 3/5/2014 10:50:00 AM

I love this top coat and never do my nails without it!! When I purchased it, it came with a free full size Bubble Bath, so I thought it was a good value. It took me a long time to figure out how to use this top coat effectively, but now it's perfect for me. I think some of the bad reviews are due to the fact that there are some tricks you have to learn. 1) I wait 1-2 minutes after my last polish coat before I use this top coat and I use a fair amount of top coat. If I use it too soon or use too little product, it does streak my polish slightly. Also, if you use a thick thick layer of top coat, you will get bubbles. 2) As your bottle gets older (for me this was 1/4 of the way through the bottle), add a few drops of nail polish thinner. I've done this a few times, and it makes the polish much easier to work with - easier to apply with less bubbles. I polish my nails at night (bonder, 2-3 coats of polish, and this top coat) and I can get in bed 5 minutes after applying this with ZERO sheet marks in the morning, and still shiny 4-5 days later. Winner for me!

on 10/13/2013 3:22:00 AM

Although it's a good top coat it doesn't dry as fast as a dry fast top coat should

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Alright, I was super keen for this to be a good product because I simply love OPI. Unfortunately I can't say I'm in love with this one. Yes, it does dry fast and yes, it does give a nice glossy finish. But.... after using this product and the OPI normal top coat for over a month now I can say with confidence I would recommend the normal top coat. The rapidry can leave streaks on fresh painted nails sometimes if not working fast enough, it leaves an odd semi tacky feeling to my nails for about a day after application which I'm not a fan of at all and I find that when ever I use this and get my hands in the sink or wash my daughters hair (anything with water really) in the first say 24hrs, my nail polish will lift and peal away. I'm not sure if its just me but every time this has happened. So this one unfortunately is not for me. I am using the chip skip and base coat also. Exact same process as with the original top coat but never have this issue. Sorry OPI but his is my first product from you I dislike :/

on 9/7/2013 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this top coat. i am just so amazed at how long my polish lasts! i painted my nails on Monday and its Saturday. and i dont have a single chip. there is shrinkage and growth but no chips! and my polish lasts only 1-2 days usually. love love love