Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer

Shiseido  Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Octanoate, Squalane, Dimethicone Copolyol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, PEG-150, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mortierella Oil, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Fragrance, Sodium Glutamate, Disodium Adenosine Triphosphate, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Rosa Roxburghii Extract, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Agar, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Trisodium EDTA, Tocopherol, BHT, Fragrance, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Alas, I love this moisturizer. My poor wallet.

My skin is combination, easily dehydrated even in the summer. This moisturizer is so rich, creamy, yet sinks into my skin easily, without stickiness, tackiness, heaviness. There is a fragrance, but it's very light to me, and does not linger long. I have yet to find a more affordable dupe.

on 1/24/2016 9:49:00 AM

I have grown to love this moisturizer over the past year or so! I find that many products either cause breakouts or do nothing in terms of hydration. BUT the first time I tried this which was a year prior, for the first 8 or 9 days my skin looked amazingly glowy and dewy but then the breakouts started. I was so disappointed! I decided to try it again a year later since I am dryer now due to menopause and lo and behold no breakouts. I have never been able to achieve the glowy, dewy look I got the first time around but at least it keeps my skin from getting parched to the point of looking like the floor of a desert and I can slather it on without breakouts. Caudalie SOS serum followed by this Shiseido moisturizer does the trick in terms of hydration. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect products that will give me that elusive glow so I'll keep looking and experimenting but for now this will do.

To Read all 124 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/22/2014 8:41:00 AM

I got a very generous sample of this product, which I used up completely, but I won't purchase the full size. It's a really good moisturizer for dry or very dry skin, but I'm afraid a lot of beneficial ingredients break down due to the jar packaging. My other problem is that it has a very strong frangrance. I've read a lot of times that perfumes are called an 'old-lady smell', but this is the fragrance which fits this category the most for me.

on 11/20/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combination skin, and luckily I got this as a sample to use as it would have been a very expensive mistake! I found it very heavy on my skin, and even though I only used it at night, the next day my skin remained greasy which wasnt good for my makeup (basically it just disappeared as my face got more and more greasy as the day went on despite powdering!) It also slightly irritated my eyes (made them watery/red) However, this cream was great for redness as it really soothed my skin and even reduced any upcoming spots that I had! But sadly it was just too rich for my skin type.

on 9/30/2014 4:42:00 PM

I purchased this cream following MakeupAlley good reviews. I'm glad I bought this moisturizer. It has become my HG facial moisturizer!! (I was using for more than 10 years the 3-step system by Clinique and was quite happy with it, but I was recently feeling like my skin needed something more). Its texture is quite rich, so I was a bit scared at the beginning, since I'm acne-prone and have combination skin, and I prefer gel-consistency moisturizers. Despite few blemishes starting its use, they cleared up fast and I'm pretty sure the cream does not clog my pores anymore. Its smell is superb, like most of Shiseido products. I use it twice a day after the serum; I found it works better than using it only at night. In the morning, it gives you a special glow which I adore. I apply sunscreen afterwards and I'm ready to go! The cons are: a) it's pricey; b) not-friendly packaging (it comes in a non-hygienic jar even with opening instructions, since it can be a bit troublesome for the first time you purchase this... and in my opinion, a tube would be far more convenient); c) it does not last a long time (a 50 ml jar lasted me only 3 months!). Would I repurchase? For the moment yes... (I'm still thinking that Clinique different moisturizing gel, which is way cheaper and was my former moisturizer for the last 10 years, it increases my mild adult-acne/bumps...). Note: I'm thinking of trying also the sibling restorative cream and compare them.

on 8/27/2014 6:53:00 PM

Really wanted to love this product but i reacted to it - red little bumps!

on 6/21/2014 8:49:00 PM

I love this cream, it is thick, rich and moisturizing. I've been using this for about 7 years now, and I get the large size, which lasts me about 6 months. It's worth the extra money I spend on it, because I can see the positive effect it has on my skin. With other products I've tried, my skin feels tight and dry, then that leads to irritation and acne. So I use this because the effectiveness of the moisturizer prevents other problems. I only use it at night, as a night cream. Smoothes out the skin texture.

on 5/7/2014 6:21:00 PM

Got this after reading MakeupAlley reviews, the price is steep but worth it - it can last you for a whole year! I have sensitive skin that gets dry and flaky in the winter and this is really good for my skin, I use it every night before I sleep. I also feel that it does seem to substantially clear up my complexion. Great find, try to get it online for under 100USD and you've got yourself a steal.

on 2/11/2014 4:24:00 PM

I purchased a gift set with Super Corrective Serum,Super Corrective Eye Cream and this face cream.The eye cream it's a total crap ,but the face cream it's really amazing.
The scent is light and pleasant and the product sinks into the skin very quickly.It is not greasy and I didnt had a breakout using it.I use this only at night and my sensitive/dry/combo skin it's really happy.
I dont feel guily spending so much on products that really works :)

Its nice to return to using Shiseido after a 15 year break. I wanted an anti aging hydrating cream for combination late 30s skin.
I have found since using it that my skin is softer and brighter. Co workers have commented that my skin has more of a glow. There has not been much of a change to my pores.

I purchased a gift set, and I really think that the face cream is more effective if the cleanser and skin softener in the same product line are used together.

I like the scent of the cream- but some will find it over powering.
My skin rejects most creams but this one sinks in pretty well. I find my T zone a little less oily. Im glad that this product works with the ultra snooty and diva like Nars Sheer Matte foundation.
I dislike the packaging. Firstly a pot. How fiddly and how unhygienic. The shape of the pot and materials used are unnecessarily wide and heavy!! Yes it looks like a beautiful gadget out of Star Trek but its not very practical.
And the Shiseido Ireland website- user un-friendly and oober slow.

The reason for not repurchasing is that I feel my skin is changing more rapidly and I will want to focus on 'firmness' and 'elasticity' in the next year ahead.