Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 19-24
Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Price: $

Price: $

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a product I've used in almost all of my tutorials. I've used at least 6 of them all the way through. I keep one in my purse, in the car, and one with my every time I do my makeup. Yet I haave a really hard time trying to review it. I've tried twice and failed. I think its because of how basic of a product it is, I feel like I'm stating the obvious. But I will try for a third and hopefully final time.
Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a basic eyeliner pencil. They retail for $6 but are usually available with some sort of deal, by one get one, 2 for $4, .99 with a purchase of another item, etc. I'm not sure how much I paid for mine.
Packaging is a standard wood pencil with black coating and a plastic black cap. The cap is doesn't slit like some eyeliner caps do. I rarely have trouble with the wood splintering, unless the blades on my sharpener are dull.
The liner its self is a really good texture, soft and smooth without being gel-like or overly creamy. I'd describe it as feeling velvety.
It applies wonderfully to the waterline and lower lash line, but takes a little more work to apply to the upper lash line. It doesn't tug or pull, but might need two or three strokes to get a full, opaque line without skipping. I hardly ever apply pencil liner up there, so its not a problem I encounter with this pencil anyway.
Wear time on the lids is 8+ hours with minimal fading and smudging. On the waterline I get 2-4 hours of wear before needing to reapply. I counteract the short wear time by setting it with a matte black eyeshadow, after which I get about 6 hours of wear.
Pigmentation is good. It's very dark, but not the darkest black eyeliner I've used. NYX's Black Bean Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is darker. Swatches can be seen here.
I highly recommend this eyeliner, especially if you can get it at sale price. This is excellent for lining the waterline and tighlining. This has been my go-to black eyeliner for years and will continue to be for quite a while.

on 2/17/2008 2:03:00 PM

This eyeliner is a very good deal for the price. The colors are really nice, and go on with a good amount of pigment. I did find that unless this liner was sharpened right before using, there were a few little clumps of liner that would stick to my eye, but nothing a qtip couldnt fix. One thing that I really like was that the pencils are soft, and dont hurt your eye when applying - even really close to the lash line.

on 4/5/2005 2:46:00 AM

These are very good eyeliners for the price. I have one in black, midnight blue, and dark brown. They go on creamy and smoothly and last pretty much all day. I find the black one goes on best, the midnight blue i have to keep drawing over a couple of times, same as the brown. They smuge a bit, mostly on the bottom lash area, but for the price you cant go wrong.

on 3/6/2005 5:30:00 PM

I have these liners in black and midnight blue. The liners are very creamy, easy to apply, and last all day. The black eyeliner is just your average e/l, does a decent job, but nothing too special. The midnight blue, however, is a beautiful navy that draws out depth and brightness from your eyes. I love pairing this with silver e/l, purple and lavender e/s and blend them into each other, the look recalls a glimpse of Debussy's Reverie, with a dreamlike softness to it. The only downside is that they don't blend easily, so you have to layer the e/s into the liner instead. However, for the price ($5 regular or 2/$5 on sale) I can't really complain. Will definitely purchase the midnight blue and a more unusual color again once I run out.

This is an okay eyeliner. It does not go on smooth; in fact it is rather hard - lots of pulling and tugging (it's summer right now - wonder how much harder it'll get when applying in winter!). It stays on for maybe a couple of hours, then i need to reapply. Unfortunately I bought two, and now regretting it :P

for a 1.99 on sale, you can't beat it. It stays put, and thats what i need from an eyeliner. One of my favs! I feel that it went on pretty smooth.

on 11/8/2003 11:49:00 AM

hmm...good product though it doesnt glide on smooth..its stays a long time though which is what I need in an eyeliner..I got it in black..Would buy it again