4.1

price range

Reviews

1.0

30 days ago

I was on the hunt for a cruelty-free dupe of my beloved WnW shadow “Nutty” and the board suggested I give this a try. Nutty has a neutral undertone (leaning warm) whereas Tapestry Taupe has a cooler undertone, is less pigmented, less creamy and more glittery than Nutty. The stiff powdery texture of this is a no go formula for me.

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (873 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

1.0

2 months ago

Covergirl needs to go back to the original packaging of this.

Since they reformulated this, you get less product than before.

You are also left with a sticky film on the eyeshadow case once you get it open.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

3.0

Jan/30/2018

Great basic everyday eyeshadow in a taupe shade that looks great with almost any liner. I took off two lippies because I find it just a tad too frosty for my tastes, and because it disappears in hours on my oily lids, with or without primer.

5 of 5 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (137 reviews)

Age

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

2.0

Dec/12/2015

I find most Cover Girl shadows to be too hard to work with. Literally they are physically hard. But this shade is easy to work with. It does need to be layered to get the full color you see in the package but you can also use it lightly and get a different effect.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (919 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

Oct/12/2015

I just couldn't help writing a review for his shadow. My mom wore this eyeshadow alone while I was growing up ( I always remember a palette of it sitting in her makeup bag) and STILL to this day wears this color with covergirl professional mascara for as long as I've been alive! It looks really great on all eye colors especially hazel and green eyes! Now I buy it as soon as I run out …Read more

6 of 6 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesOther

fromkyl77

Mar/27/2015

I just bought this, and I love it. It's a cool toned taupe with a tiny bit of shimmer, which is exactly what I wanted. There isn't a lot of color payoff, but that's okay, because I use it as a wash of color over the whole eyelid. I layer it over Elf Primer, and it looks terrific. If you want a dark smokey look, this won't work except maybe as a base color.

5 of 5 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (530 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

Oct/14/2014

I read all the great reviews about this and thought I should try it. I bought it many years ago and put it in the back of my stash. I pulled it out the other day to try it and now I remember why I put it there. There is close to no pigmentation on me. And I am very pale, NW20 pale, so you would think there would be something. I just get a very light beige with shimmer. No thanks. I …Read more

1 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (339 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

Oct/08/2014

This has been a favorite of mine for years now. So versatile, I think pretty much anyone can rock it. I've done both natural and smokey looks with this product, and it always turns out looking amazing. Highly recommend :)

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesOther

Jul/09/2014

This is my most used eyeshadow color. It is very light and shimmery and looks great with a bit of eyeliner on the top lid with mascara. Makes your eyes pop! I use this almost on a daily basis.

0 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGray

Mar/09/2014

An elegant, taupe eyeshadow with lots of shimmer. It turns more gray on my eyelids which I find very flattering on my Asian double lids. With a flick of dark shadow as eyeliner and some black mascara, this is my fail-safe look for the office. For color reference I am NC 30 with warm undertones.

On the issue of pigmentation: it's sheer but not unevenly so. I often wonder why the …

3 of 4 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age19-24