COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Mascara

COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Mascara
Exhibitionist Mascara

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes Covergirl! I love the orange tube so much and was afraid to try something new, but I’m so glad that I did!!! The models lashes on the cover of the package actually do not do this mascara justice, mine look so much better ( I’m not bragging, but I think it looks amazing in person, or it’s a bad picture!) But honestly, I hope that they never discontinue this one. My all time favorite covergirl mascara was the FANtastic lash and also the multiplying one. Both are long gone, so I use the orange one. For this I curl my lashes, then I gently apply L’Oréal voluminous lash primer, let dry, then apply two coats of the exhobitiost mascara. After my lashes are totally dry, I GENTLY warm up my lash curler with my blow dryer, and lightly squeeze. The curl stays ALL DAY. They look so awesome, people ask me if my lashes are real ( I can’t apply false lashes to save my life!) But try this one, it als most reminds me of the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara, but that formula burns my eyes so bad. This one doesn’t. 5 lippies all the way!

on 2/21/2019 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new favorite mascara. I haven’t used a cover girl mascara in years but once I saw reviews that said this is comparable to L’Oréal lash paradise I knew I had to try it. I have to agree that they are very similar and I love that I can get this in a dark brown shade. Here’s where this beats LP hands down: IT DOESN’T DRY OUT IN TWO WEEKS!!!!! While I liked LP, the fact that I had to buy a new one every few weeks to get the nice results it provides ONLY when you first open it got super annoying. After a couple weeks LP dries out and starts flaking and clumping a there’s no saving it even when using a few drops of contact solution. I have had my tube of CG exhibitionist for about a month and it’s still going strong😁 this mascara provides length volume and definition and I have experienced none of the pitfalls listed above that I get from LP. No smudging No flaking No clumps and it doesn’t irritate my contact lense wearing eyes. So if you like LP but hate that it drys out so damn fast give this a shot. The other drugstore mascara I like a lot is maybelline full n soft but since I can’t find it in brown I’ll be sticking to this for now.

on 2/7/2019 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA-- im testing to see but i may have possible eye irritation from this which would bum me out! Will update if it continues.
++++++++
CG mascaras are my #1 most purchased brand for mascara. It started way back when they still made the LashBlast length in the yellow tube with a very skinny wand. (if you liked that one, their purple tube, Lash Exact used to be a close enough dupe. Now I see they discontinued that one - and replaced it possibly with Professional Remarkable Washable Mascara??)

I found out this existed only from seeing MUA reviews about it and that it's their own BTS dupe. Had to try it. I've tried BTS, and L'Oreal's version - and since I prefer CG mascaras, I think this is a win. Purchased regular formula in shade black/brown.

It's not an EXACT dupe for BTS, I actually did a wear test since I have a mini size open right now of BTS, so I did one eye with BTS and the other with this one (both regular, not waterproof). BTS comes off in one swipe much more thicker and dramatic, kinda like fake falsies - and for my lashes, that means my lashes clump together and look spidery. At least, that's what happened on my wear test. The other eye - using this one - with a few swipes, was so much more OPEN, fluttered up and out and really curled my lashes. I have normal lashes, not super thick, not thin. From comparing them, BTS had more drama, but was heavier/clumpier and because of that, my lashes don't keep curl at all with that formula. Exhibitionist kept my lashes open, up and curled. Really pretty. Dramatic, more natural dramatic, if that makes sense?

BTS sometimes flakes on me, I find it gloopy when you first buy one, but then dries out fast. Exhibitionist has no flakes so far, was very gloopy the first time I took the wand out - and I wiped it off - but since then, it hasn't came out super gloopy like that again. I think that's a one time, first opening sort of thing. The tip of the wand catches some heavier mascara, but my actual fibers on the wand don't. So I didn't have issues with clumping or goopiness. I had a lot of that with L'oreal's version, which after using several of those - I was tired of clumps. Exhibitionist also washes off very easily (regular) and doesn't leave smudges under my eyes after I remove my makeup. For some reason BTS, no matter how darn hard I remove it - I somehow end up with smudges of it coming off from somewhere on my lashes to around my eyes and I look like a raccoon, even after removing my makeup. It's like you can never fully get it off (even with micellar water!).

Exhibitionist is a YAY for me, and I do plan to repurchase! I like it even better than CG LashBlast (orange) but I like to keep a few different formulas around and apply them over eachother to get different looks.

on 2/2/2019 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Bought black/brown. Either I got a bad tube or brush, this came out of the tube gloopy and wet. And this is very clumpy! After wiping the brush with tissue, it is a bit better but still, I don't want that extra step. I am disappointed after reading all these good reviews because my fav Lash Exact has changed and I wanted some volume, and this isn't it. I have also some slight irritation while wearing this but no flaking, so I will be returning this back to Walmart.

on 1/30/2019 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have really been struggling in the mascara world lately and have never truly fell in love with or had a holy grail mascara. I have very hooded eyelids, very very oily eyelids and I am a glasses/contact lens wearer. I have tried mascaras on the high end and on the low end. I was browsing Walmart’s makeup aisles (I can’t NOT do this if I’m in Walmart) and saw a big poster in the Covergirl aisle WE ARE NOW CRULETY FREE!!!!!!!!! Which matters to me. I try my best to only buy CF cosmetics. The price point was very affordable so I pulled the trigger. I usually get waterproof mascaras because I HATE the smudges I get on my eyelids as the day goes by but with this is have ZERO smudging on the upper or lower lids. This makes my lashes look plush and fluffy and lux. And I LOVE the sleek, minimalist packaging. I have not tried the Kush Mascara from Milk Makeup but I really want this to be a dupe????

Try this mascara!!!

on 1/26/2019 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Loving this mascara. I liked Lash Paradise, but am finding this is way better. The wand is a similar shape, but more slender and managable. I got in black/brown, and will for sure pick up black too. Lashes are volumized, maybe lengthened a bit but i mostly look for volume so that's what i notice most.

Washes off fairly easily, so far I've used micellar water and palmers coconut makeup melt. It takes slightly more effort to remove than Maybelline Snapscara, but only by a little. Much easier than others.

I don't understand why anyone would give this mascara anything but a 5 star review. Just goes to show that makeup reviews are truly subjective. I love this mascara. I normally have about 10 mascara's at my disposal. I have short stubby, thin lashes and so, I am very picky about mascaras. They need to volumize and provide a bit of length. In addition, I don't want this to smudge or flake. Damn. I ask for a lot, I guess. But it's 2019. I've been reviewing stuff on makeupalley for almost 15 years now. I feel like mascara should have advanced by now. Now only does this mascara claim to be vegan and cruelty free, but it provides volume, length (with just two coats) and I don't see any smudging until about 2 hours after my complete 9 hour work day. I've been using this non-stop for the past 3 weeks and so far my "high end" mascara's have taken a back seat. I highly recommend this. Go Covergirl!!! Now let's work on your shades not being so orange in the foundation category.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

omg....all of my mascara wishes have come true. let me tell you, I've tried every mascara underneath the sun, high end dior, Lancome, and estee lauder to drug store brands and everything in between. what do they all have in common? they do not lengthen my short lashes, they flake and smudge all over my face due to my oily skin. this gem however, gives me beautiful long and thick lashes, minimal fall out after 8 hours of wear and no smudging! I hate covergirl products, let's be real, they are crap, but this mascara is a gift from the gods. covergirl should discontinue the 20 something mascaras they have and just keep this one!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like it. I got mine in brown. It's basically the same as Loreal's Lash Paradise except much easier to use because it doesn't flake or smudge and Covergirl now allegedly doesn't test on animals. This product is also supposed to be vegan, I think. To make the mascara last longer than the 8 hours on my eyes, I top it off with Nyx Proof It mascara top coat, which is $4.99 at Target. Anyway, this mascara does add volume and length.

on 1/21/2019 7:34:00 PM

Really surprised at how good this mascara is! Thickens and lengthens my lashes with no fall out. Will definitely buy this again!