NYX Professional Makeup Can't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage Foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Can't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage Foundation
Can't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage FoundationCan't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage FoundationCan't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage Foundation

3.4

Water • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Nylon-12 • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • Silica • Butylene Glycol • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Isohexadecane • Isononyl Isononanoate • Pentylene Glycol • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone • Magnesium Sulfate • Phenoxyethanol • Caprylyl Glycol • Acrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate/Vinylidene Chloride Copolymer • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Calcium Gluconate • Perlite • Magnesium Gluconate • Tocopherol • Aluminum Hydroxide • Isobutane /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Application:
So finnicky.
It dries down so damn fast and is so prone to looking patchy.
A brush doesn't work for me because before I can blend the brush strokes out, the foundation has set.
So the only application that I've found workable is to pat a sponge straight into the foundation, then blend it out as quick as I possible can on my face.
I've also found that layering is quite tough because the first layer is already powder dry. So it just looks cakey if I do.

Coverage:
A good high medium coverage. You can build it up to full by adding more layers, but I don't do that because building it doesn't look good as I've previously mentioned.

Finish:
Depending on how well moisturised you are, it's either horribly patchy and flat matte, or a nice smooth matte. This foundation does look nice, smooth, and matte provided you moisturise very well, and find a good application method.

Longevity:
This one is slightly confusing, as it varies on different parts on my face. But overall I'd say it's pretty bad.
What's weird about this is that it controls my oils amazingly well in parts of my face that aren't too oily. But on the oiliest parts of my face, aka my forehead and cheeks, it makes it look More oily. Even if I put on a lot or almost no powder.

Another thing to mention is that it creases into my lines pretty badly, especially if I go overboard with the powder.

Also another thing to note is that it is Not transfer resistant. This foundation actually transfers the most amongst others I've used, especially in areas where I get oily. But even when I'm not oily, it transfers very easily. It just happens even worse when I'm oily.

Putting products on top:
This is another thing that is finnicky with this foundation. If I put my revolution concealer (which is matte and also sets quickly) over top, the foundations lifts up, and the concealer blends patchy, and it just looks horrible. But if I put a more liquidy concealer that doesn't set so fast like that Maybelline fit me, it looks perfectly fine.
Although I have noticed that if I drag of the wand of the concealer a little too hard against my skin, it picks up the foundation too. So I have to be very gentle and careful when applying concealer.
Putting powder products on top is fine though, never had a problem with it.

Shade selection:
This is why I keep trying to make it work. Because this foundation is the only one I've found with a shade that matches me almost exactly. In natural light it looks so perfectly. In artificial lighting it looks too yellow? But anyways I trust natural light more. And I've also Never had a foundation that looked to yellow before, so I keep coming back to this.

Because of the shade, and how smooth it makes my skin look upon initial application, I'm experimenting mixing this with other foundations. (And also because it's the most expensive foundation I've ever bought). I've experimented mixing this 50/50 with the LA Girl pro matte foundation. And I found that the application was a little easier, as it didn't dry down so matte so quickly. But unfortunately I still got the creasing that this foundation caused. So I'll mix less of this NYX foundation next time and see what happens.

Bottom line: Wouldn't repurchase, and wouldn't recommend to anyone Unless they already have really good skin. i.e. not oily or dry, no fine lines.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

IT'S SO DRY.

I have extremely dry skin, so I always prep my face with First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, let that sink in, and then I use the Too Faced Hangover face primer. Even with those two highly moisturizing products, and with a dewy setting spray I could immediately feel the foundation drying out my skin and it got worse and worse as the day wore on. I didn't have a problem applying the product evenly, and I was satisfied with the color range and the coverage. It isn't a good foundation to layer up, because it gets cakey. I should have known better than to attempt to use a matte foundation, but even my MAC Studio Fix Fluid doesn't dry me out that much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a big NO for me. I used it one day and was not satisfied. It looked very streaky. I tried blending with a beauty blender and it didn't help at all. It seemed to have no coverage. I added another layer to see if coverage increased and it didn't. This is not a full coverage foundation. The color match was great but it didn't cover at thing on my face. I'm a fan of Maybelline Super Stay foundation. If you're looking for a foundation with good coverage and good price point go with Super Stay

on 10/21/2018 7:12:00 AM

The only good thing I can say about this foundation is that the shade range is great! (I bought this in the shade Light Porcelain) Apart from that, everything else about Can't Stop Won't Stop foundation is awful. This foundation felt incredibly dry (I don't even have dry skin), and it was very difficult to blend - I tried blending with my fingers, a foundation brush, and a sponge - it looked awful every time. This foundation was also very patchy, wasn't transfer-proof, by the end of the day hardly any foundation was left on my face, and it caused breakouts! Not just tiny ones either, but big, painful, under-the-skin breakouts. I should also mention that it wasn't full coverage at all! To be honest, my cheap Essence foundation does a better job at covering problem areas! haha

I paid €19.50 for Can't Stop Won't Stop, which is a bit too expensive for a drugstore foundation if you ask me, but after hearing such great things about it I figured it would be worth the price. It's a shame I can't return it.

on 10/10/2018 11:15:00 PM

Typically I wear BB creams around the house, but I've been trying to find a lightweight foundation that I could wear for long work days.. and this is my new holy grail product! I keep reading reviews with people saying this isn't a full coverage foundation, maybe that's because it feels so lightweight? It's very pigmented and easily covers any acne, dark circles, and redness without needing to reach for my usual concealer.

The colour range is impressive, although I am disappointed that most places seem to only carry 8-10 shades in store.. the other shades would need to be ordered online. On that note, as someone with very light skin, this is the first time I was able to find a drugstore brand of foundation that actually matched my complexion without leaving me orangey, or ghastly pale.

My biggest complaint with foundations or BB creams is that my skin is oily (and sensitive) so I don't find they last long, but this foundation keeps my skin very matte ALL DAY (and we're talking, 12+ hours of me running around, high humidity) with no separation, zero transfer. I've been caught out in a rainstorm, fell asleep with a full face of makeup on.. and still looked great. All it takes is a little micellar water, and it removes so easily, which is also a huge bonus for me.

THANK YOU NYX!! What an awesome new product :D

Après avoir testé ce pendant deux semaines, je dois dire que j'ai finalement trouvé un produit de teint que j'ai apprécié de NYX. Pas grand chose à dire , sauf la couverture est fantastique sur ce point - très naturel et vraiment léger. J'aime la façon jolie et démasque comme ma peau est tout au long de la journée. Ceci est absolument parfait pour le travail ou comme base de week - end mais je ne reviendrais probablement pas pour atteindre sur une nuit. Je n'ai vraiment rien à redire en ce qui concerne la longévité, la formulation, l' oxydation, cakiness ou gamme de couleurs

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After testing this out for two weeks, I have to say I finally found a complexion product that I enjoyed from NYX. Not much to say except the coverage is fantastic on this - very natural and truly lightweight. I love how pretty and unmask like my skin looks throughout the day. This is absolutely perfect for work or as a weekend foundation but I probably wouldn’t reach for it on a night out. I really have no complaints in terms of longevity, formulation, oxidation, cakiness, or color range.

With that being said here are a few things to note:
-your base matters with this foundation! I like to use the NYX Insta Ready Primer? (I think that’s what it’s called - in the black squeeze tube) or the FAB coconut primer - no issues whatsoever but not as great results with other primers especially silicone based ones.

-be careful about what foundation you mix with this as the differences in formulation can cause separation to occur. I’ve tried it with Fenty (no), WnW Photofocus (no), and LA Girl Pro Matte (actually not too bad), and TF Sweet Peach (NO!!!).

-doesn’t look very good with setting spray on top.
Separation also occurs (I used UD setting spray) and made me look greasy

-your setting powder matters!! Don’t use setting powders that adds coverage because it takes away from the beautiful finish of this foundation. The best results for me is the Coty Airspun or the Hourglass Veil setting powders. I would absolutely avoid powder foundations unless you’re going for the dull, flat, matte look.

I guess the big takeaway from this is that it’s a beautiful coverage on its own and not to alter/add to/or enhance the finish in any way. Normally $15 at the drugstore is a bit eh for me but all in all, I think it’s worth the money. It is definitely top at the drugstore right now.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. Between MAC NC15 and NC20. I haven't tried the new MAC shades so for now, I'll continue to mix these two shades half and half. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-forties, some sun damage, and fine creases on my forehead which I get Botox for. I use Retin A once a week. I have dark red/brown hair and green eyes without any brown in them, almost blue. I feel like I have weird colouring which is why I sometimes struggle with finding a matching foundation shade.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ "Lightweight, waterproof and pigmented AF, our new Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Full Coverage Foundation hustles as hard as you do. This comfy liquid formula comes in 45 flattering tones that don’t transfer. Every creamy shade glides on smooth, delivering matte coverage and color that stays true for up to 24 hours. Our little over achiever also works to control shine and mattify your complexion all-day long. But it doesn’t stop there: this foundation is noncomedogenic and suitable for normal, oily, combination, and sensitive skin types." You get 1 oz of product.

PACKAGING~ Glass bottle with a good pump.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ Kind of a medium consistency, not thick or thin liquid.

APPLICATION~ Okayyyy. So. The only technique I could find that worked for me was a paddle brush. Buffing it in and applying with a damp sponge, the product just wouldn't blend. The sponge kept pulling it off my face, stippling brush also picked up already applied product. So, I literally ended up painting it on with a flat foundation brush and it finally worked.

FINISH~ The finish is matte and dry. It makes any dry patches super noticeable.

COVERAGE~ Light to almost medium on me. Definitely not full coverage, no way.

STAYING POWER~ I set all of foundations with powder, doesn't matter how matte something is, I just like the smoothing and pore filling effect I get with a few (or more!) very thin layers. I use MAC Studio Fix foundation powder on top of this and all of my foundations. This doesn't look too shiny throughout the day but it doesn't last long. My oils build up underneath it and then the foundation cracks on top. If I touch my face, it very easily sloughs off after about 4 hours.

SCENT~ I would say it's completely unscented.

SHADES~ 45 shades! That's amazing! I still have to mix two shades for my NC15/20 skin lol. I had difficulty finding my shade, oh the irony, given the shade hype! My skin is weird though it's light but extremely warm. NC20 is too dark these days so I mix it with NC15. I always have to mix a darker yellow/warm shade with a lighter one, never fails. So, mixing doesn't bother me too much. I mix Warm Vanilla 2/3 and 1/3 Soft Beige in this foundation.

OTHER NOTES~ It's pricey for a drugstore foundation at $18 CA a bottle imo.

OVERALL~ Oh my. Okay, I have some things to say. So, my regular foundations are Estee Lauder Double Wear, LA Colors Truly Matte (it's gorgeous, guys), and standby MAC Studio Fix liquid and powder.

I have super oily skin, large pores and love a matte or demi matte finish that lasts all day. I had high hopes for this foundation! YouTube seemed to universally love it or at least like it a lot. Looking back now, so many videos I watched, it was obvious people didn't want to say how terrible this stuff is. It's LAUGHABLE that Alissa Ashley can supposedly wear this with dry skin haha. Seriously, I'm laughing, it's so ridiculous. Others who were sent huge PR packages skirted around the negative aspects, obviously. One reviewer coyly mentioned how she didn't seem to need to even powder it lol. I have a feeling this will fail and it's really too bad, it could have been so much better.

The finish is nice but as the day wears on it literally stresses my skin out while in no way controlling my oils. It is matte and doesn't really get shiny but it's not oil controlling. It's one of those foundations that sits on top of the oils causing it to crack and smear if touched. After two full days of testing, my skin was red and itchy and after a week (I only used the foundation for two days!), it's still irritated and itchy so I've started using a cortisone cream.

If you have sensitive skin, don't bother, no matter it's type. And, don't believe those who say it works for their dry skin, there's no way it could.

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

INGREDIENTS~ I couldn't find them anywhere!

on 9/27/2018 12:55:00 PM

This foundation is excellent and is great for my combination skin. I'm more oily then dry and I like to use elf prep and hydrate balm as my primer. About me I'm NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, very cool undertones. The shade porcelain matches me perfectly. This lasts on me all day and I love the matte finish. I like how its not super matte to me it just looks natural.

I use a damp beauty blender to apply this and it does dry pretty quick. So I apply it in sections starting with my forehead down. This doesn't dry my skin at all but I think for those with dry skin a hydrating primer would work well. This has not broken me out and I'm matte for about 8 hours before I need powder.

I think for me this is a full coverage foundation. I don't need any colour correcters at all. Plus one layer is all I need. It makes my pores non existent and any redness I have from being blotchy is covered. Also my skin is sensitive and this does not irritate it at all. I'm really liking this and I usually do not use full coverage because I do not need it. With this though my skin just looks so good. I love it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is a great price and a great formula!

The thing I loved about it was how it controlled my oil soooo well. If you are oily you've got to try this out! After a full day, you will still feel powdery fresh at the end of the day without blotting or re-powdering.

I wouldn't say the coverage is medium, which is great because that's what I like! You might still have to conceal spots or trouble areas or build it up a bit in those areas.

The colours selection is fantastic, I love the packaging, and it mixes well with other foundations. I would repurchase and I recommend it!