NYX Professional Makeup Can't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage Foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Can't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage Foundation
Can't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage FoundationCan't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage FoundationCan't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage Foundation

3.1

Water • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Nylon-12 • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • Silica • Butylene Glycol • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Isohexadecane • Isononyl Isononanoate • Pentylene Glycol • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone • Magnesium Sulfate • Phenoxyethanol • Caprylyl Glycol • Acrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate/Vinylidene Chloride Copolymer • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Calcium Gluconate • Perlite • Magnesium Gluconate • Tocopherol • Aluminum Hydroxide • Isobutane /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 3/16/2019 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only had this foundation on my face once during a shade match and it was enough to convince me to not buy it. After around 2 minutes it started feeling extremely tight on my face and i had to take it off right after. It also accentuated my pores and fine line around my nose. Would not recommend

on 3/6/2019 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Absolutely terrible.

The only redeeming feature for this product is the colour range which is vast (for a drugstore brand) and covers all undertones.

Performance wise this is awful. Went incredibly patchy, transfered, highlighted wrinkles I didn’t even know I had, has very poor longevity and just looked/felt ‘cheap’ on the skin.

I tossed mine after the second use.

Disappointing NYX, very disappointing.

on 2/15/2019 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wanted to love this but couldn’t as it broke me out :(
I’ve always been acne prone and had finally gotten comfortable with my skin, all I needed was something to cover my hyperpigmentation and big pores. Loved wearing this, didn’t have to set it (I usually do with other foundations), shade was great, evened our my skin so well

Buuuuuut, I never break out on my forehead. Ever. So when I started getting painful whiteheads there I had to do a double take. I was very dilligent with my skincare ensuring I’m removing every last trace but then it started giving me painful lumps/whiteheads on my cheeks and chin. And I got a few of those spots that don’t have a head for a few days

Wish my skin agreed with this but if you’re not particularly acne prone or sensitive then this is a fab matte/full coverage option!

EDIT: as if this foundation wasn't bad enough, it separates on my face after literally 2 hours. Have tried different moisturisers (water based and oil based etc etc) and different applicators (stippling brush, foundation brush and sponge) and it doesn't help. It's just terrible lmao. I'm trying out huda beauty now and it hasn't separated on my oil slick face at all!

the color blends very well....it is long wearing and my sensitive skin does NOT react badly to it

on 1/20/2019 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ended up buying three bottles of this, and returned them all. I'm NC15/20 and have melasma that makes my face darker than my neck. Lots of yellow undertones, and dry skin that gets shiny from BP gel.

I bought shade Vanilla, applied it like I do with all my foundations for lighter coverage (damp sponge, mix with a dab of my super runny moisturizer) and Vanilla applied beautifully. It didnt even flake over my dry spots. But the shade was too light.

Grabbed Warm Vanilla and Nude. Decided to try Nude since Warm Vanilla swatched light on me in the store. Nude was ok but a hair dark because of my melasma but would work for NC20. Applied Nude the same exact way I did Vanilla the day before, but this time, it looked horrendous on my skin. It dried to a powdery finish and looked like it as ready to wipe off my skin. Gathered on my dry spots (even with moisurizer on my skin AND mixed in the foundation) and the bits of foundation that I had applied over my eyelids had creased and gathered ontop my lids and I had to wipe the gunk off. It was like it wasnt even clinging to my skin.

I have no idea if the formulations of different shades are different but it was like two different foundations. I returned them all, being that for a fussy foundation, not worth the hassle or price. I usually have to set my foundations since I mix them with moisturizer, but this one was very powdery even with moisturizer, cannot imagine applying this alone as is.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was hyped to try this after the Jefree Star review. I finally had the opportunity to go to Ulta which is like 30 miles from the Podunk town I'm reduced to living in these days and NYX should be reimbursing me for my gas money, time and humiliation!

First, let me point out the irony of the fact that
the shade I got was called Vanilla. It Should have been called Oompa-Loompa. Or Dream-cicle. Want a #Dupe? Go buy some Orange chalk from Wal-Mart. I walked my chalky, patchy, orange faced self back in there to return it and buy a bag of face wipes.

All in all, trying this craptastic imitation foundation cost me about $10 in gas, $2 in face wipes to get it the hell off and about an hour of my life that I'll never get back. As an adult it was more embarrassing than buying YA fantasy books from B&N. #FAIL #didntstart #pleasestop

This foundation is very dry and SO hard to blend!
Not to mention I am between shades and the one I got ( light porcelain) makes me look like a ghost but the shade up from it is too dark for me . Meaning I’d have to buy two and mix them . It drys so fast it’s almost impossible to blend even with a wet sponge .
I was super excited for this foundation but it’s a solid no from me sadly

My skin isn’t the greatest but I never have problems with patchy ness but this foundation looked caked on and very patchy

Total let down

Application:
So finnicky.
It dries down so damn fast and is so prone to looking patchy.
A brush doesn't work for me because before I can blend the brush strokes out, the foundation has set.
So the only application that I've found workable is to pat a sponge straight into the foundation, then blend it out as quick as I possible can on my face.
I've also found that layering is quite tough because the first layer is already powder dry. So it just looks cakey if I do.

Coverage:
A good high medium coverage. You can build it up to full by adding more layers, but I don't do that because building it doesn't look good as I've previously mentioned.

Finish:
Depending on how well moisturised you are, it's either horribly patchy and flat matte, or a nice smooth matte. This foundation does look nice, smooth, and matte provided you moisturise very well, and find a good application method.

Longevity:
This one is slightly confusing, as it varies on different parts on my face. But overall I'd say it's pretty bad.
What's weird about this is that it controls my oils amazingly well in parts of my face that aren't too oily. But on the oiliest parts of my face, aka my forehead and cheeks, it makes it look More oily. Even if I put on a lot or almost no powder.

Another thing to mention is that it creases into my lines pretty badly, especially if I go overboard with the powder.

Also another thing to note is that it is Not transfer resistant. This foundation actually transfers the most amongst others I've used, especially in areas where I get oily. But even when I'm not oily, it transfers very easily. It just happens even worse when I'm oily.

Putting products on top:
This is another thing that is finnicky with this foundation. If I put my revolution concealer (which is matte and also sets quickly) over top, the foundations lifts up, and the concealer blends patchy, and it just looks horrible. But if I put a more liquidy concealer that doesn't set so fast like that Maybelline fit me, it looks perfectly fine.
Although I have noticed that if I drag of the wand of the concealer a little too hard against my skin, it picks up the foundation too. So I have to be very gentle and careful when applying concealer.
Putting powder products on top is fine though, never had a problem with it.

Shade selection:
This is why I keep trying to make it work. Because this foundation is the only one I've found with a shade that matches me almost exactly. In natural light it looks so perfectly. In artificial lighting it looks too yellow? But anyways I trust natural light more. And I've also Never had a foundation that looked to yellow before, so I keep coming back to this.

Because of the shade, and how smooth it makes my skin look upon initial application, I'm experimenting mixing this with other foundations. (And also because it's the most expensive foundation I've ever bought). I've experimented mixing this 50/50 with the LA Girl pro matte foundation. And I found that the application was a little easier, as it didn't dry down so matte so quickly. But unfortunately I still got the creasing that this foundation caused. So I'll mix less of this NYX foundation next time and see what happens.

Bottom line: Wouldn't repurchase, and wouldn't recommend to anyone Unless they already have really good skin. i.e. not oily or dry, no fine lines.

-UPDATE 10 JAN 2019-
I've found a way to use this and now I absolutely love it. I use it as an everyday, natural but glowy (yes glowy) foundation. What I do is I mix a creamy moisturizer, a hydrating primer, and the foundation. I then put blobs of it onto my face, squeeze some liquid highlighter on top, then tap everything in with a dense brush, followed by a sponge to smooth things out. It looks so beautiful and naturally radiant this way. I end up using less foundation (I don't use the full mixture, which might be considered a waste but I don't care) which means less coverage, but also means I don't crease anywhere except for my smile line, (which I always without fail crease in) but very very minimally.

The moisturizer I use might be a water based one, but the 10th and 11th ingredients are sillicones. The primer I use is sillicone based. I usually use a dime size amount of moisturizer, 1 or 1.5 pumps of the foundation depending on how much coverage I want, and then I squeeze out some primer that looks about the same amount as the foundation. The liquid highlighter I use is from Rimmel, and it's a very natural highlighter, and I end up using a fair amount of it.

This seriously looks so beautiful. And because the foundation itself is so matte, I don't get oily that fast. I typically only do matte looks because I can get so so oily within 4 hours otherwise, but with this concoction of mine, I find myself using a more radiant setting powder, and radiant cheek products. I end up looking beautifully radiant and not greasy for as long as I usually do with my nice matte foundations. Additionally, my concealer can blend on top of this without a problem. I can also now take my time to blend the foundation in. Also, because this foundation is pretty much a perfect match for me, it looks really natural too.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you hate this because it's too dry, try mixing some moisturising products in and illuminators, you might really like it. But because the foundation by itself is pretty crap, I'm only gonna raise it from 2 stars to 3 stars only. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase, but as of now I'm leaning towards a yes, because of the really good colour match, and how beautiful it can look whilst still keeping me matte.

Oh by the way, something that annoys me is that the pump keeps getting clogged, because the product inside gets dried out. So a lot of times I have to get a pin and poke around to release the clog. It's not that big of a deal, but it can be annoying so I'm just letting everyone know.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

IT'S SO DRY.

I have extremely dry skin, so I always prep my face with First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, let that sink in, and then I use the Too Faced Hangover face primer. Even with those two highly moisturizing products, and with a dewy setting spray I could immediately feel the foundation drying out my skin and it got worse and worse as the day wore on. I didn't have a problem applying the product evenly, and I was satisfied with the color range and the coverage. It isn't a good foundation to layer up, because it gets cakey. I should have known better than to attempt to use a matte foundation, but even my MAC Studio Fix Fluid doesn't dry me out that much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a big NO for me. I used it one day and was not satisfied. It looked very streaky. I tried blending with a beauty blender and it didn't help at all. It seemed to have no coverage. I added another layer to see if coverage increased and it didn't. This is not a full coverage foundation. The color match was great but it didn't cover at thing on my face. I'm a fan of Maybelline Super Stay foundation. If you're looking for a foundation with good coverage and good price point go with Super Stay