3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

My hair is long, thick, and color treated including balayage. What I look for in a conditioner is something that will hydrate my hair, keep it smooth/silky with no tangles, maybe reduce frizz, and hopefully accomplish that all without weighing my hair down or making it get greasy quickly. Somehow, this conditioner pretty much does all that. I wouldn't say that I'm totally WOWed by it, especially for the price, but all I know is I'm pretty picky and I've been using this for months. As far as the price goes, I've used a 100ml bottle since October and still have a good bit left, so it is a pretty good value for something in this price range. The smell is a little different from the rest of the Olaplex stuff, but it is still generally citrus based and fresh which I like. All in all, I'd probably buy it again because as much as I like this, I love the shampoo even more and don't like to mix and match.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 months ago

Good product, it does soften the hair. But I think if anyone that expects this to be a miracle aid for damaged hair, then this product will not do the wonder. I will still buy it as a treatment for hair that goes for regular coloring and perming to restore the keratin.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

2 months ago

I’m quite disappointed in this. It is very thick so I expected it to be very hydrating and softening (especially as they recommend use of it after olaplex no3 which leaves my hair quite dry). However, it is not that hydrating at all and I notice no difference to any other conditioner I have used. It is quite hard to get out of the bottle, meaning I had to make sure to store it upside down which wasn’t that practical given the small lid. I won’t buy this again.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

9 months ago

Excellent conditioner, HG material right up there with my other fav, Pureology hydrate! This is very rich like the conditioners that come in a box of hair color, and smells nice to me. It’s very hydrating and makes my hair tangle free and silky smooth. Love it!

About reviewer (689 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

3.0

a year ago

I have fine, dry and wavy hair but a ton of it. My hair dries much bigger and poufier than normal after using Olaplex conditioner and/or shampoo. I was blaming the shampoo for this, but when I started using the conditioner with a different shampoo, I found that both Olaplex s&c have this effect on me (this does not happen with Olaplex 2, which I love). I usually wash my hair before bed because sleeping on it takes some of the bulk out. Not so when I use Olaplex s&c. This stuff gives my hair so much (unwanted) frizz and volume and I wake up with huge hair. It forms almost a perfect circle from puffiness and frizz. I end up saturating it with giant globs of castor or almond oil to weigh it down. Now the good part - when I use Olaplex shampoo and conditioner together (or just the conditioner), even though my hair dried into a puffball nightmare, it takes well to heat styling. It is silky and smooth in 1-2 passes of the iron, rather than leaving my hair a bit parched with broken bits sticking up. I MUST iron after using it, otherwise my hair is too big and frizzy to deal with. Maybe this product does help with damage - but just like Olaplex 2 - the moisture issues might need to be addressed with a separate product for some hair types. To save time, I have been layering this with a deep conditioning mask. But going forward, would probably not repurchase and just stick to using Olaplex 2 occasionally. I was going to give this fewer stars due to the puffball that it turns my hair into when left to dry naturally. But it is useful for when I intend to flat iron. So for me - 3 stars, solely for the protection it seems to offer from heat styling.

About reviewer (307 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

1.0

a year ago

After reading so many great reviews about Olaplex No 5 I decided to try it. My hair is thick and now prone to dryness from coloring, blow drying and styling tools. I've used this once and it did nothing for me. In fact my hair felt stiff and hard to comb through when wet. After styling my hair it actually looked brassy, dry and not soft at all. I Will never use this product again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

If you're familiar with my reviews you'll know I've been using Olaplex since they first launched. It saved my hair. I've documented it quite well. My hair went from feeling like straw, breaking off in sections, and generally scary looking. This does not include my massive hairloss (nothing to do with coloring it). My hair today is thick, healthy, soft, and completely transformed thanks to Olaplex. I still bleach the hell out of it. The difference is night and day. Now with all that being said, the #5 conditioner didn't blow me away. The #4 shampoo didn't overly impress me either. But TO BE FAIR there is only so little you can do with basics like shampoo and conditioners. Neither are meant to transform your hair. I still highly rec using #1, #2, and even #3. Why? Because they stay on your hair longer, giving the active more of a chance to work its magic. They are simply more intensive treatments. If you have really damaged hair, please take my advice. The conditioner isn't bad by any means. It does leave my hair soft. I found it to be light, it didn't leave a film once rinsed. I find it to be more hydrating than using #2 or #3. So as far as conditioner goes, it gets the job done. I really hope Olaplex releases a masque version in the future. I would recommend leaving this in your hair for at least 10 minutes. Give the active a chance to work on your hair before rinsing it down the drain.

About reviewer (515 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I left a review of the shampoo which I don't like. I have used this conditioner with the No. 4 shampoo and the results are not great so I am blaming it on the shampoo as I have used this conditioner with my Davines Oi shampoo and the results are much better. I also use the Davines Oi leave in and with all three I get very smooth, soft hair. I have fine, thin, highlighted hair that is pretty fried at the ends and this makes them look smoother and less frizzy. It is expensive at $28.00 but it does not weigh my hair down at all (which is close to a miracle for my fine, limp locks) and that is almost worth the price. I don't think this permanently repairs my hair as the ends go back to looking frizzy and dry the next day but this conditioner does the temporary trick. I have also tried No. 3 which does pretty much nothing for me so for the home line of Olaplex, the conditioner is the only one I would repurchase.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

It is rare that something wows me when it comes to hair products, because my hair is genetically pouffy, thin, and I also damaged it for years with coloring and heat. Even worse after my last set of fusion extensions, which ripped it off and left it lifeless and just blah. I had Olaplex 1 and 2 used a few times at various salons, it was ok. I bought Olaplex 3 a couple times and that was completely useless for me, did nothing. But I still had to try the conditioner, well I will eventually buy the shampoo too, but for starters I wanted to see what the conditioner is all about. I am really impressed. I used it twice so far, and I can say that I have never, ever gotten such nice results from a conditioner before! My hair actually has weight now! It doesn't feel as rough as it normally does after blow drying, and when I run my hand through it it feels healthier and thicker. Like, I can tell some repairing has taken place! The product is very creamy and spreads easily, and the scent is very faint. They say to leave it on for 3 minutes, but I leave it a bit longer, depending on how much time I have available. I do use my regular leave-ins afterwards, but I will maybe try using a tiny bit of this conditioner as a leave-in, see what happens. Anyway, I am now extremely tempted to buy the matching shampoo as well. And I have a feeling these 2 will be the only hair washing products I will be using going forward, together with some toning shampoo. The only con is the price, which is pretty steep given the size of the bottles, but hey, if it actually works.... it's worth it.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Alrighty, I've only used this once, but so far I love it. I have super long, highlighted, fine, abundant hair. It's prone to dryness, breakage, and flyaways, as each strand is so fine and I have a *slight* wave (1a/2a). I'm an avid user of Olaplex 1+2, which has helped mitigate a lot of the damage I've incurred through heat-styling and color services, so I'm not sure how I JUST found out Olaplex had recently released a shampoo and conditioner. Scent: Faint, realistic fresh (not sweet) pineapple/citrus scent. Barely there, but very pleasant. Texture: Thick, creamy. Relatively squeezable from the bottle and very spreadable. A little goes a LONG way. My hair is almost to my waist, and a quarter-sized amount was more than enough--provided a lot of slip. Result: Hair feels super "clean" but not stripped, moisturized, soft, and very "light"--volumized and not heavy. A lot of movement/silkiness. I also used a little bit as a leave-in. Overall, this has to be one of the best shampoo and conditioners I've ever used. I'm trying to temper my excitement as it's only been one time, but so far I am absolutely loving this.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

Age36-43