Buxom Full-On Lip Polish - Sarina

No Image

1 review

on 6/21/2018 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using the Buxom glosses for YEARS, since at least 2009. I've loved them all along, and have fallen in love with every shade I've tried. My most recent acquisition is the shade "Sarina", which is a light bronze shimmer with a slight shift.

Formula: True to the Buxom glosses across the board. The Full-On Lip Polish range is quite sticky (which I like), so it hangs around for a good long while. I don't find myself needing to reapply super frequently. It won't last through meals of course, but I can sip coffee and water all day without worrying about the gloss disappearing. This formula is also very hydrating. My lips are always softer and healthier after using the Buxom glosses. I can't really say that these make my lips bigger than they normally would be, but the hydrating properties do make my lips look somewhat fuller, as would generally be the case for anyone. Hydrated lips always look fuller.

Shade: As mentioned, this is a light bronze shimmer with a very slight, almost green shift. I find this shade to be almost a spot-on dupe for MAC's "Oh Baby", which I was very happy to discover, since it's a very unique color and finish. The shimmer is almost a glitter, but it doesn't feel gritty. The base in which the shimmer is suspended is almost clear, but there's enough shimmer packed in that it adds a slightly darker hue to my unpigmented lips. It's especially pretty when paired with NYX's Suede lip liner in Los Angeles. This combo creates a very pretty, late-90's look.

The packaging is, as always, beautiful and VERY sturdy. It's glass rather than plastic, and feels quite heavy. I appreciate the applicator, which is a standard doe foot, but it picks up just the right amount of product. I've always really loved the packaging of the Buxom glosses. I never worry that it's going to come open in my bag.

The price at $20 is steep-ish for a gloss when compared to drugstore, but with the price of drugstore cosmetics consistently rising, it's not so much of a price difference that I'm put off from buying it. I find that it is truly of better quality than any drugstore gloss I've used, and it's still less expensive than other high-end glosses. At .15 oz, you do get slightly more than a typical gloss.

I will continue to buy from this range as long as it's available. But this shade, for me, is a real stand-out in terms of how many ways it can be used, and how gorgeous the finish truly is.