Milk Makeup KUSH High Volume Mascara

Milk Makeup KUSH High Volume Mascara

3.5

on 7/20/2018 10:06:00 AM

I bought this in the travel size to try it out. The cruelty free options seem to be shrinking so I stumbled across Milk Cosmetics and decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I am not a fan of the small mascara brushes and this one was nice and fluffy. With 2 coats it give great length and volume. I had no flaking and even after 105 degree heat no raccoon eyes. It is a little on the pricey side and it seemed to dry out quicker than other mascaras but again, I got the travel size.

on 7/3/2018 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's been a while since I tried a new mascara, me being a mascara ho, not faithful to any one mascara, whatever is making my lashes look good at the moment.
That being said I must say that I am truly impressed with this mascara, maybe even to the point of a long lasting relationship, scary. I bought this mascara after reading an article about how it builds up your lashes (I need my lashes built up), how it lengthens the lashes (oh how I need my lashes lengthened), and how it's good for the lashes as well (ok I like good for my lashes). I took one look at the brush and almost fell over. It really is a fat brush and I've only used one like it before and it scared me then too. LOL
I used it and have been really impressed with how well it worked. I didn't even have to curl my eye lashes using it, the mascara curled them for me just enough to make them noticeable. My lashes were thicker, without being clumpy thicker (holy no clumping b-man). I had it on for more than 10 hours with no flaking, no under eye smudging (that's a serious plus), and even went out without touching up the mascara. It stayed well without making my eyes look messy. It removes beautifully with micellar water (for me) or whatever remover you like, just don't rub your lashes, ever.
I really love the weight of the tube (it's metal) that if I drop it it won't break easily like plastic tubes do, even if they're dropped in the sink (that's another plus). I am getting used to the amount of product that comes out on the brush. I normally scrape it off back into the tube, and that's been working for me. I can build better doing that. I also don't pump the mascara wand into and out of the tube. It makes the mascara dry up faster, I roll it between my hands each time.
I am thrilled with this mascara. It's been worth the $24 (that's cheap in my mascara world). It also did not irritate my eyes with it's fibers. I can't stand the feeling of fibers being stuck in my eyes, running for the bathroom to deal with the little buggers, eyes watering and making the mascara messy, the reason for never buying a fiber mascara to build my eyelashes up.
It takes at least two coats to make a dramatic lash, one coat makes a natural lash for me, and the bottom lashes get built up and length added (oh my how pretty). I'm really liking this mascara and yes so far I'd buy it again.

on 6/25/2018 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I had high hopes for this mascara but all I do is struggle with it in the morning. The tube is metal, heavy, and large, similar to the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill metal tube. Like the EtK mascara, this is also made in Italy. The wand is too large for my small eyes and short lashes, especially if my eyes are swollen in the morning. When I use this mascara on the weekends it's easier to apply because I'm not putting it on in a rush half awake at 5AM.

I noticed that after a few weeks of use, the formula became progressively stringier and difficult to control, almost like the polymers were drying up or something. I didn't have any issues with smudging, but it did clump so I used a separate mascara wand to comb through my lashes between coats.

This is a good lengthening mascara similar to GA EtK, but not a great thickening or dramatic formula. This can be remedied by layering a separate waterproof volumizing formula on top, but overall I found this mascara to be mediocre and wouldn't repurchase or recommend.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to like this mascara, and it does apply nicely, but it is smudge city on me. I normally have few to zero problems with mascaras smudging, but no matter what this one smudges a lot. I like a mascara with more volume as well, but the Kush mascara does add some volume and definition that I think looks nice. The brush is okay and doesn't apply too much product in my opinion. If this didn't get tons of mascara under my eyes after just a few hours I'd consider repurchasing it, but as it is it just does not do its job. I've used $3 mascaras that barely smudge at all, so for the price of this, it is a hard pass.

on 6/22/2018 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As an Asian lady with short, sparse, straight lashes, this mascara was not for me. The brush itself is too big to accommodate my lashes, and I just end up smearing product all over my eyelid. The brush also picks up way too much product for me, so it ends up clumping upon application. It does add volume and length to my lashes, but I find myself having to brush out my lashes and baby this product in order for it to apply decently. Will not be repurchasing, unfortunately.

Pros:
Lengthens and adds volume
Pretty packaging (although heavy)

Cons:
Would not recommend for folks with smaller eyes and shorter lashes--huge brush that makes it difficult to apply
Clumps on me even with one layer

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara isn't awful,but it's not great either. I had high hopes. The botton line is that it looks fantastic going on, but doesn't last. It smears on my eyelids and it also seems to disappear after a couple hours. So I'm going to stick to my Chanel de Volume.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I just don’t get the love for this mascara. The packaging is really attractive and the brush makes it easy to apply the product without clumps. My lashes looked fuller. So far, so good. But, it just doesn’t last. I ended up with slight raccoon eyes after 2 hours, and serious raccoon eyes after 4 hours. It didn’t matter if I used 1 coat or 3, the raccoon eyes were terrible. I am certainly not going to use a mascara that only looks good for 1 1/2 hours!

on 6/8/2018 12:06:00 AM

I got this in trial size with a Sephora order because I had really been wanting to try it but I cant justify buying another mascara when I have multiple tubes that aren't expired. I get so many samples of mascara that I hardly ever have to buy full size, but this one is worth getting a full size tube. It's one of my current favorites.

I love the packaging, it's a metal tube and it definitely feels high end. It doesn't feel heavy on your lashes at all, very light but it gives you great volume and the applicator gives you enough separation that you don't end up with clumps and spider lashes.

I still prefer my tarte mascara for my lower lashes. I don't feel like I get the same amount of volume from this on my lower lashes and it honestly just never looks as good as I want it to. That's my only dislike.

Definitely my number one go to mascara, lengthen and separates flawlessly! Looks like I’m wearing false lashes almost. A little pricey but totally worth it, my number two Mascara would be bettee than sex by two faced.

on 4/28/2018 12:44:00 PM

The new Milk Makeup Kush High Volume Mascara has pleasantly surprised me. First of all, I have a love/hate relationship with most mascaras. I really dislike how difficult some of them, especially waterproof formula, are to remove. I don't like seeing lashes falling out or a raccoon-looking mess after trying to remove some of them. But most other formulas are too smudge-y and collect around mu eyebrows and upper eyelids. I was very nervous that I would have the same situation with the Milk KUSH Mascara, especially since it is so emollient and contains many oils and moisturizing ingredients.

Thankfully, the Milk Makeup Kush Mascara didn't budge all day long!!! I was so happy and relieved. The Kush Mascara is now up there with my few holy grail mascaras (such as the Buxom Original, and Benefit Roller Lash) and this says a lot for me. This is also easy to remove. This doesn't do a lot to define lashes, but does do a lot to volumize and lengthen. My more detailed review can be seen here: