2.9

price range

Reviews

from

a month ago

Upon first application, I was loving the soft, fluttery, million lash look. Well, that lasted about an hour before everything went downhill. It flaked like no other mascara I've ever used. This formula is a fiber mascara that boasts that it is infused with cannabis. Not sure how cannabis can improve a mascara, but its in there. The fibers are supposed to be heart shaped, but I suspect those fibers where flaking in my eyes every time I blinked. My eyes were so irritated by this mascara formula, I used nearly half a bottle of eye drops to relieve the irritation. I bet I looked like I was smoking cannabis. To give this mascara a better chance, I thought I could make it work and applied it for the next 4 days, hoping for different results. Nope, no, nada, no way. And now, lets talk about trying to remove this product--it was like trying to remove black tar--what a sticky, pitiful mess that was. So, either this substance comes off, flake by flake into your eyeball or you look like you've been making mud pies in a tar pit! If I could rate this as a zero lippie, I would. Use this mascara at your own peril.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Coarse

2 months ago

I got the birthday gift mini of this from Sephora. It was dry right out of the tube, made my lashes look spidery, and gave me serious raccoon eyes by the end of the day. It was about as hard to remove as any other mascara. The only plus was that it didn't seem to irritate my eyes. I've had better experiences with drugstore products and don't get the hype for this brand.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

4 months ago

Another mascara that delivers "high volume" in the form of clumps. The formula is thick, chunky and wet at the same time and made my lashes stick together on the first coat. Brushing out my lashes with a lash comb is a must with this to rid it of excessive product deposit and to separate them, something I don't have time for in the morning. Moreover, it's smudgy and got all over my lower lash line by midday as I have oily lids. It also made my curl fall as it weighed my lashes down. Sure, the color is a good black and the wand which is slightly big with natural bristles didn't really bother me. On my long lashes with ok volume, it did manage to add a little more length but I just can't tolerate the clumpy look in any mascara (expensive or cheap). Not waterproof so it's easy to remove with plain soap and water. I'm glad I only got the mini size to try out as this mascara is definitely not for me.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

4 months ago

I bought the mini size while shopping at Sephora this summer, and only got around to testing it now (winter) -- what a MEH. The brush size is huge for the size of a mini wand, which makes it cumbersome to apply. It's very black, which is nice, but a bit clumpy, thick, and wet. The brush also feels scratchy against my lashes, which is very odd - as I do not remember a mascara wand ever doing this. Other than giving some dark color to my lashes, I don't think this is worth even a mini price - as drugstore mascaras are wayyy better. My ELF Lash extending mascara is better 100% at $4. I think the metal/heavy packaging is neat. Definite not repurchase and total gimmick for the CBD fad. ETA- ended up tossing after 2 uses, just too globby for me!

About reviewer (437 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

4 months ago

This is for the waterproof version. I bought the mini size at Sephora to give it a try. The formula itself is not bad. But the brush... it's enormous. For someone with deepset eyes like mine, it's like trying to apply mascara with the body of a bumblebee or a bottle brush. it got onto my lids, every time. I had to have q-tips handy every morning to clean up the mess. If you don't have hooded or deepset eyes and you don't mind the wide brush, this has its good points. It doesn't clump or flake or smear under the eyes, it holds a curl decently well and the mini isn't much more than drugstore (it lasted me almost 3 months). But as soon as it started to go dry, I tossed it and was relieved to go on to something else.

About reviewer (295 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

4 months ago

This is a good mascara if you have large eyes and long lashes that you'd like to make looking like falsies for an event. It's very black, it curls lashes and gives them good volume and impressive length. The wand is large, it's difficult to apply the mascara on short lashes or deep-set eyes without creating a mess. The wear time isn't good either; you can't put it on in the morning and look presentable by dinner time. You'll have to reapply. Frankly, if you're not sensitive to Maybelline mascara, you'll get way better results using those.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

5 months ago

I saw all the hype and brought a fullsize. Its a thick, very black creamy to dryish formula with an oversized regular bristle brush. This combo creates slightly clumpy, slightly spidery, ultra thick volumized dramatic lashes that holds a nice curl. The fastest volume-building mascara I've ever tried. It lays down super thick coats of volume in just a few strokes. Leading me to fantasize that maybe I could do my complete makeup in just 90 seconds a day. But sadly no. The too large brush misses all my tiny inner corner lashes. If you have fine baby lashes like mine you will know how missing a section of lashes then having huge volumized lashes the rest of the way doesn't look natural or elegant. The fat brush also leaves multiple little globs of mascara onto my eyelids, everytime. Its hard to get product evenly on the lower lashes. Then I lose all the time I thought I was going to save cleaning up with a q-tip then fixing my eye shadow. Wear is terrible. Flakes badly and goes into runny panda eyes within a few hours.

About reviewer (1264 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

5 months ago

Looks great when it's not full of clumps. I've never had a mascara have so many clumps as soon as it came out of the box. Not worth it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2.0

5 months ago

It’s just like any mascara at the drugstore. I can’t believe I paid as much as I did for this super gimmicky, mediocre mascara. Save yourself the money and get the covergirl lash blast or if you still looking to splurge get the Too faced better than sex mascara.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

6 months ago

I LOVE this mascara. I typically bounce around with mascaras trying new things, but I have now repurchased this 3 times and use my points on it any chance I get. For reference, I have pretty average lashes that don't have issues with drooping/hodling a curl, and I prefer more "feathery"/lengthening formulas over volumizing ones. Also full disclosure, I don't buy full sized mascaras if a mini is available, so any differences between the mini and full size are not counted for here. This mascara has a thicker, almost "waxy" formula that lengthens, separates, and defines for a super pretty "feathery" lash look. This is exactly what I look for when trying out mascaras, so it is perfect for my preferences. It is not super dry like Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes, but it is also not super wet like Urban Decay Perversion. It's got some thickness to it without being gloopy- just enough thickness to really add some product to the lashes without getting any clumping. I don't know if waxy is the right description of the formula, but there is some body to it. Another formula thing I like, it doesn't get "crunchy" or hard throughout the day. It stays nice and soft and flexible, so it wears very comfortably. I also love the brush- it is a slightly oversized natural bristle brush. Not as big and cumbersome as the Too Faced Better than Sex, but it's close- like if you shaved off the hourglass parts (hope that makes sense). I am pretty clumsy with mascara application but I don't have an issue with this being hard to apply/getting all over my brow bone. It can be a bit tricky to apply to the lower lashline, though. The staying power on this is pretty good. If I rub my eye through the day it can push the curl down and make my lashes less "perky", but I don't get raccoon eyes or flakes anywhere. I have read a lot of reviews that this flakes on people- I have not had that experience, but flaking is not an issue I typically have so I wouldn't be the best judge on that. Another thing I appreciate about this formula is that it does not seem to damage my lashes when I try and remove it. My lashes fall out pretty easily, and I have seen lots of lashes come out with the removal of other mascaras because they were too clingy/hard to remove. I can remove this mascara with ease- I think the product has claims about helping your lashes grow thicker/longer, but honestly I think they just look better from not being torn out every time I try and remove my makeup. In short, this is my new staple mascara. It makes my lashes look how I want them to look without damaging them or smudging all over my face. 10/10 would re-buy and recommend.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool