Milk Makeup KUSH High Volume Mascara

KUSH High Volume Mascara

3.4

on 11/3/2018 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First, I had the sample size. I agree with every previous review. How can that be, you ask, when some love the mascara and others hate it? Because it changes over it’s lifetime. When freshly opened, the formula performs nicely. One coat gives you long, natural lashes (but very dark, black lashes). Two coats gives you volume. Even with two coats, lashes stay soft, which I really appreciate. I would say this mascara most reminds me of Full n Soft but Full n Soft never gave such vivid black lashes or this amount of volume with two coats. Yes, the wand is very fat, and I did struggle with that, but I’m just happy anymore when a wand is a bristle brush and not rubber. About seven days, however, the formula changes. It becomes sort of clumpy and stringy. This wouldn’t be such an issue if I had a clean spoolie to run through my lashes after applying the mascara, but since I don’t, I have to run a metal lash comb through them. If one had neither, one would have somewhat clumpy lashes. I anticipate this will only get worse as the mascara ages. Finally, my lashes do not hold a curl with this mascara. I know WP mascaras are best at holding curl and Kush is not WP, but I’ve had lots of non-WP mascaras that do not make my lashes droop or uncurl as much as this one by the end of the day. For all of this, there are much cheaper options available. In summary, pros are dark, soft lashes that can look natural (one coat) or more (two coats). Cons are it does hold curl, formula starts to clump/get stringy about a week after opening, and too expensive for what it offers.

on 10/16/2018 12:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara gives me the most fluttery and softest looking lashes. I have gaps in my lashes on my left eye and other mascaras exaggerate it a lot, this mascara somehow fills in the gaps nicely and makes my whole lash line look full again. Also, the packaging is so nice and heavy! Not some dingy plastic but a nice sturdy metal tube that is substantial and looks/feels great to hold. Also, I have not had any issues with flaking or smudging.

on 9/30/2018 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased the trial size. The full effect takes place after the second coat. Easy to remove. Non irritating. I like and would repurchase especially if I could get a discount. I have a couple mascaras I like that are 1/3 the price of the full size of this one. No CBD oil though!

on 9/25/2018 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It feathers your lashes out ok, it makes your lashes pretty dark, but there is not a ton of volume, and it didn't wear the best on me. I liked the packaging, but the formula is MEH! It is better than their Ubame mascara, however.

It's a very mediocre experience for $30. Would not recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was impressed with this mascara after a couple of uses. It went on well, added some volume and definition and lasted through most of my day. In the high humidity of summer in St. Louis that's saying something. Little flaking and 0 smudging for me.

The next couple of times I wore it I was less impressed. It went on wetter and only emphasized length. It also started flaking on me. So glad I got the sample tube but maybe that's how this mascara ages. I loved it at first but then it became a different mascara. I can find better at the drugstore and will continue looking.

on 9/3/2018 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara has a very fluffy and full brush, and although I usually prefer skinny wands, I was pleasantly surprised by what it did for my lashes. My lashes are short and they grow straight. When I put this mascara on, they were visibly longer. The only downside to this was by the end of the day, (after wearing this for a little over 8 hours,) I did have raccoon eyes. This is normal for me though since I do have oily eyelids. Overall, I would say it is worth the money and this mascara is genuinely one of the best mascaras I've ever tried before.

on 7/20/2018 10:06:00 AM

I bought this in the travel size to try it out. The cruelty free options seem to be shrinking so I stumbled across Milk Cosmetics and decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I am not a fan of the small mascara brushes and this one was nice and fluffy. With 2 coats it give great length and volume. I had no flaking and even after 105 degree heat no raccoon eyes. It is a little on the pricey side and it seemed to dry out quicker than other mascaras but again, I got the travel size.

on 7/3/2018 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's been a while since I tried a new mascara, me being a mascara ho, not faithful to any one mascara, whatever is making my lashes look good at the moment.
That being said I must say that I am truly impressed with this mascara, maybe even to the point of a long lasting relationship, scary. I bought this mascara after reading an article about how it builds up your lashes (I need my lashes built up), how it lengthens the lashes (oh how I need my lashes lengthened), and how it's good for the lashes as well (ok I like good for my lashes). I took one look at the brush and almost fell over. It really is a fat brush and I've only used one like it before and it scared me then too. LOL
I used it and have been really impressed with how well it worked. I didn't even have to curl my eye lashes using it, the mascara curled them for me just enough to make them noticeable. My lashes were thicker, without being clumpy thicker (holy no clumping b-man). I had it on for more than 10 hours with no flaking, no under eye smudging (that's a serious plus), and even went out without touching up the mascara. It stayed well without making my eyes look messy. It removes beautifully with micellar water (for me) or whatever remover you like, just don't rub your lashes, ever.
I really love the weight of the tube (it's metal) that if I drop it it won't break easily like plastic tubes do, even if they're dropped in the sink (that's another plus). I am getting used to the amount of product that comes out on the brush. I normally scrape it off back into the tube, and that's been working for me. I can build better doing that. I also don't pump the mascara wand into and out of the tube. It makes the mascara dry up faster, I roll it between my hands each time.
I am thrilled with this mascara. It's been worth the $24 (that's cheap in my mascara world). It also did not irritate my eyes with it's fibers. I can't stand the feeling of fibers being stuck in my eyes, running for the bathroom to deal with the little buggers, eyes watering and making the mascara messy, the reason for never buying a fiber mascara to build my eyelashes up.
It takes at least two coats to make a dramatic lash, one coat makes a natural lash for me, and the bottom lashes get built up and length added (oh my how pretty). I'm really liking this mascara and yes so far I'd buy it again.

on 6/25/2018 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I had high hopes for this mascara but all I do is struggle with it in the morning. The tube is metal, heavy, and large, similar to the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill metal tube. Like the EtK mascara, this is also made in Italy. The wand is too large for my small eyes and short lashes, especially if my eyes are swollen in the morning. When I use this mascara on the weekends it's easier to apply because I'm not putting it on in a rush half awake at 5AM.

I noticed that after a few weeks of use, the formula became progressively stringier and difficult to control, almost like the polymers were drying up or something. I didn't have any issues with smudging, but it did clump so I used a separate mascara wand to comb through my lashes between coats.

This is a good lengthening mascara similar to GA EtK, but not a great thickening or dramatic formula. This can be remedied by layering a separate waterproof volumizing formula on top, but overall I found this mascara to be mediocre and wouldn't repurchase or recommend.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to like this mascara, and it does apply nicely, but it is smudge city on me. I normally have few to zero problems with mascaras smudging, but no matter what this one smudges a lot. I like a mascara with more volume as well, but the Kush mascara does add some volume and definition that I think looks nice. The brush is okay and doesn't apply too much product in my opinion. If this didn't get tons of mascara under my eyes after just a few hours I'd consider repurchasing it, but as it is it just does not do its job. I've used $3 mascaras that barely smudge at all, so for the price of this, it is a hard pass.