Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss

Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

UPDATE: OK, I grudgingly give this another star because it stays on decently and makes my lips look bigger.

ORIGINAL
It's supposed to be the "holy grail" of glosses for long wear and lack of stickiness.

Cons
-Very sweet, as if a sweetener was added. Makes you lick your lips and it's a big pet peeve. MAC used to do this!
-Strong fragrance like fake mint
-Feels gloppy
-Does not apply evenly
-Feels like a thick, sweet paste is stuck on your lips

Pros
-Great flexible doe-foot applicator
-The shade Shadowheart is growing on me. It has noticeable glitter, which is unfortunate. But the chocolate base is flattering and neutral enough to be versatile

Nope, nope. There are so many more glosses out there that outperform for much less.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in naked, which is a sheer warm nude tone with lots of microshimmer. This does have a nice shine but it is not super glossy by any means. Has a peppermint smell and scent. I did not notice any lip plumping effect from this lip gloss. I found this to be a nice, shiny lip gloss that was not too tacky and fairly long lasting on me. This did not dry out my lips either.

Tried this in Naked, color is really pretty and everyday wearable BUT I expected super shiny from a product called hi-fi shine....it was shiny but not that shiny. Like the same shine you would get from any normal non-hi-fi gloss. I also was disappointed with the actual tube/applicator/product amount. It gives very little product with each dip. At first i didn't mind because who likes a gloss that has way too much product on it? Not me, that's for sure. But this had such little amount i had to dip it like ten times to do my lips. Not a horrible thing but seems like you would use up this product really really fast. Another mediocre higher end gloss.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am disappointed in these. I expected UD to do it better than most but no. These are extremely sticky lipglosses that don't even give you that full plump glossy effect that most glosses do. The packaging and shades are really pretty though.

on 5/10/2018 3:11:00 PM

I've picked 2 of these up recently.. One in Midnight Cowgirl, which is a pretty nude taupe/pinky shade.. and Snapped, which is a pretty plummy mauve shade. I really love these. I have drawers full of glosses from ABH, MAC, Buxom, Lorac, NYX, etc etc, and these are my new fav! They aren't super sheer, but not too thick and opaque either.. They have a sheen/shimmer that's not glittery, they are just gorge, definitely recommend❣💄💋

They are a solid 4.5 lippies, that deserve a bump up to 5.

on 4/26/2018 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am over the moon in LOVE! I purchased this gloss yesterday in the shade "Snapped", which is a sheer plum with intense blue shimmer. It is labeled as a holographic finish, and it definitely lives up to that claim. Despite the blue glimmer and holographic effect, this is surprisingly wearable! I even feel comfortable wearing it to work, as it's got this subtle edge without being completely over-the-top.

The formula is spectacular. This is a very plush, almost gel-like gloss that hydrates and plumps lips due to its cushiony feel. It tastes and smells sweet and minty without being cloying, and the slight mintiness translates to a cooling sensation for the first few minutes of wear, which I appreciate. While the overuse of mint in lip products can lead to lip dryness, UD didn't add so much to this formula that it counteracts the moisturizing properties. My lips feel healthy and comfortable even after hours of wear.

And hours of wear is what you'll get. This is, despite its lack of goopy stickiness (which is usually a telltale of a longer-lasting gloss), very long-wearing. Since purchasing it yesterday, I've noticed that I can get around four hours of wear before the first signs of fading start to kick in. I drank my smoothie and a cup of coffee and still had noticeable color and shimmer on my lips, with a bit of glossiness left. No, these won't survive a meal, but most glosses won't.

The applicator is a flat, elongated paddle that grabs the perfect amount of product on both sides to coat both lips without needing to dip back into the tube. It feels plush and soft, and doesn't move the product around or cause uneven patches. The packaging itself is pretty, albeit plastic, and seems to be durable enough to not worry about it coming undone in my handbag.

At $20, it's on the higher end of lip glosses, but you're also getting 7ml of product, which is a good value considering the Buxom glosses (my former HG) only contain 4ml and cost the same. If you break it down ml by ml, the cost of this gloss is closer to something like the Milani Hypnotic Lights lip topper. So honestly, I'm not going to complain about the pricetag on this UD gloss.

I did try out other shades in the range when I went to test these out and I will definitely be exploring other colors. I imagine this will skyrocket to HG status for me in no time.

I got these lipglosses in backtalk & 1993 & i love them. They taste sweetly minty & keeps your lips plumped & moisturized. They are ~$20 a pop so they aren’t cheap. 1993 is a creamy brown & backtalk is the perf MLBB cool mauve. Urban Decay always has had good lippies. Rush lipliner looks good w backtalk & 1993 l/l matches 1993 of course. & the original Naked palette looks so good w both of these shades. These are creamy & wear well. I’ll buy more esp if they drop the price like they do w a lot of their lippes. :-) I want to buy more! I’d like to buy Midnight Cowgirl or another nude shade. I’m not too wild. My style is like the makeup style of Kate Middleton (diffused e/s, Black kohl smudgy lined [not rocknroll style] lower lash line; no crazy hi lite/contour; deep plummy blush, nude lips [& don’t get me started on her hair lol when up always Below ears, no sharp part & 1.5” barrel curls below ears. Ears are her thing I guess!!]). I normally associate wild style w UD but they do have nice nude shades for lips (& Nakeds palettes of all kinds for eyes obviously). #yestobuyagain !! #rebuy #alwaysclassynevertrashy #katestyle #duchessstyle #winning