3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

I had been looking for the Vice lipstick in Rapture and I grabbed this off the shelf in error. However it was a lucky mistake as this shade of lip gloss (Rapture) is gorgeous. It isn't heavily pigmented so it's a great every day lip gloss for when I don't want to fuss much but just look polished. This is ever so slightly darker than my natural lip color so easy to apply without liner or much effort. It's pretty tenacious and wears well and not as sticky as my usual MAC lip gloss. A great buy. Someone with very pigmented lips would probably not be happy with the sheerness or lack of pigment but for me it is perfect.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

6 months ago

Truth be told I wasn't too sure about these at first. They're thicker and stickier than most lip glosses I own and not as long-wearing, fading down to a lip tint/balm after a few short hours. They also have a slight minty tingle and mint-vanilla(ish) flavor which is a bit overpowering in some of the shades. However I've gradually warmed up to these somewhat and have often used them on their own or as I sometimes do - over a lipstick. However when it comes to choosing a shade it's best to go instore and swatch as A) Some are very sheer and barely pigmented B) Some are almost identical to other shades, despite how they may appear when looking at the tube i.e 'Wildside' and 'Dirtytalk' when swatched side by side are indistinguishable, and C) Online color and real-life color can be hugely different, as I discovered. From the bunch I own I'd most recommend 'Candyflip' specifically for a night out as it's holographic - the lilac/purple shade changes depending upon the club lighting and what angle it hits you at, it looks amazing! For daytime use I would suggest 'Naked' which has just a hint of shimmer and evens out my slightly uneven lip tone. Any downside? Just the applicator which is over-sized and not the best of ones to work with. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 months ago

Have had my eye on this since seeing social media blow up with it and I’m disappointed to say - overhyped. This lip gloss is $20, feels gloppy and uncomfortable on the lips, and doesn’t last any longer than other glosses I use. My Milani lip gloss produces more shine with a thinner consistency and gives the same tingle as this. I would not recommend this product especially at the higher price point!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

a year ago

Oh! I'm kind of shocked at the rating of these lipglosses. I used to use the Naked glosses from Urban Decay and these have a similar, but not identical formula. These are comfortable on the lips, and provide sheer colour (depending on the shade you purchase. I own one shade, Obsessed, that is a sheer pink, without chunky glitter. One big perk I look for my glosses is that they are not too runny (so they don't wear off in mere seconds), and that they do not peel my lips. This one fits the bill and I will repurchase once done. I don't believe this is one of those glosses where you need every colour, so I have picked up Fuel in addition to the one I already own!

About reviewer (423 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

a year ago

I am a lipgloss fan and always have been, I got this in the color Midnight Cowgirl a light peachy nude with micro shimmer. This gloss has a flexible applicator which I have not seen before and takes some getting used to. Now this gloss is just not that glossy, it also does not apply smooth and creeped into liplines. This smells like sweet mint, that did not bother me or tingled on my lips. Does not seem to volumize or moisturize as they claim this "ultra cushion gloss" does. Would not repurchase or recommend this gloss!!

About reviewer (350 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

I have several of these SPL ,candy flip,jawbreaker , Big Bang and snapped They go on really easily the applicator is flexible and really great . THe colours are unique at least the ones I have and they last on the lips for a couple of hours . They feel minty and smell like after eights chocolates soooo yummy. You get 7mls which is pretty great imo a lot more than you get with buxom My favourite of the bunch are snapped - a very unique plum with blue duo chrome looks sooo cool on Big Bang - a beautiful easy to wear pink with lots of shimmer Candy flip - unique lavender,pink & blue shimmer gloss

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

I will not purchase.

About reviewer (877 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

2 years ago

UPDATE: OK, I grudgingly give this another star because it stays on decently and makes my lips look bigger. ORIGINAL It's supposed to be the "holy grail" of glosses for long wear and lack of stickiness. Cons -Very sweet, as if a sweetener was added. Makes you lick your lips and it's a big pet peeve. MAC used to do this! -Strong fragrance like fake mint -Feels gloppy -Does not apply evenly -Feels like a thick, sweet paste is stuck on your lips Pros -Great flexible doe-foot applicator -The shade Shadowheart is growing on me. It has noticeable glitter, which is unfortunate. But the chocolate base is flattering and neutral enough to be versatile Nope, nope. There are so many more glosses out there that outperform for much less.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrown

3.0

2 years ago

I have this in naked, which is a sheer warm nude tone with lots of microshimmer. This does have a nice shine but it is not super glossy by any means. Has a peppermint smell and scent. I did not notice any lip plumping effect from this lip gloss. I found this to be a nice, shiny lip gloss that was not too tacky and fairly long lasting on me. This did not dry out my lips either.

About reviewer (3096 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

2 years ago

Tried this in Naked, color is really pretty and everyday wearable BUT I expected super shiny from a product called hi-fi shine....it was shiny but not that shiny. Like the same shine you would get from any normal non-hi-fi gloss. I also was disappointed with the actual tube/applicator/product amount. It gives very little product with each dip. At first i didn't mind because who likes a gloss that has way too much product on it? Not me, that's for sure. But this had such little amount i had to dip it like ten times to do my lips. Not a horrible thing but seems like you would use up this product really really fast. Another mediocre higher end gloss.

About reviewer (1023 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair