Truth be told I wasn't too sure about these at first. They're thicker and stickier than most lip glosses I own and not as long-wearing, fading down to a lip tint/balm after a few short hours. They also have a slight minty tingle and mint-vanilla(ish) flavor which is a bit overpowering in some of the shades. However I've gradually warmed up to these somewhat and have often used them on their own or as I sometimes do - over a lipstick. However when it comes to choosing a shade it's best to go instore and swatch as A) Some are very sheer and barely pigmented B) Some are almost identical to other shades, despite how they may appear when looking at the tube i.e 'Wildside' and 'Dirtytalk' when swatched side by side are indistinguishable, and C) Online color and real-life color can be hugely different, as I discovered.
From the bunch I own I'd most recommend 'Candyflip' specifically for a night out as it's holographic - the lilac/purple shade changes depending upon the club lighting and what angle it hits you at, it looks amazing! For daytime use I would suggest 'Naked' which has just a hint of shimmer and evens out my slightly uneven lip tone. Any downside? Just the applicator which is over-sized and not the best of ones to work with.
~ My HG list ~
(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)
1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment