Created with Sketch.

Reviews

Created with Sketch.
from

2 years ago

I love Makeup Geek, and I love all things shimmery, so naturally I had no choice but to try the Foiled Lip Gloss. <br> I chose “Groupie,” whose color is described as “a brightened fuchsia with purple reflects.” That’s fairly accurate, with emphasis on the “purple.” In the online photos I’ve seen, the color looks to have a very slight reddish cast, but in real life, it leans heavily toward the blue-purple. Unless you like to wear very cool, blue-based shades, this may not be the shade for you. I think that Groupie has enough pink/fuchsia in it to render it wearable, but not everyone may share that opinion<br> I (NW15, brunette, green eyes) like Groupie quite well, when I want to wear a purple-toned lipcolor. I also like the formula, though it doesn’t feel or perform like a standard lip gloss. Groupie is sort of like a hybrid of a lip gloss and a liquid lipstick – it has the opacity and tenacious wear of a lipstick, with some(not glaring) metallic shimmer and the faintest hint of gloss-like tackiness. Groupie lasts quite admirably for a gloss; as it wears off (after several hours of wear), it will leave behind an attractive “wash” of color, as well as some faint shimmer. I don’t find this gloss to be moisturizing, so make sure your lips are well hydrated. <br> Overall, I’m pleased with this gloss, though I find the long (5.25”) applicator a little awkward; if it were just a bit shorter, it would be fine. Also, most of the shades in the Foiled gloss line are very dark and/or brownish, and those colors don’t work on me. I’d consider trying VIP and Replay, but those are about all, besides Groupie. <br> Makeup Geek seems to be cruelty-free, and at $15.00 each, the Foiled glosses aren’t outrageously expensive. I wish Makeup Geek would expand the shade selection of these glosses, and adjust the length of the applicator, but I’d still buy this again.

About reviewer (847 reviews)

Age44-55