Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

3.5

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3, Homosalate 8, Octinoxate 4.5, Octisalate 5. Inactive Ingredients: Isododecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Isohexadecane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Meadowfoam Estolide, Polyester-8, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lithothamnion Calcareum Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Jojoba Esters, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Mannitol, Olibanum, Lecithin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Diatomaceous Earth, Zinc Sulfate, Silica, Tocopherol.

I love that the Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen has an SPF of 40, this is a chemical sunscreen with a very silicone-y texture. This sunscreen is more expensive than many other sunscreens but, in my opinion, this is kind of a two-in-one product. The texture of this is very mattifying and it works as both SPF and a primer. On days when I use this I do not use any primer at all because this really functions as both. The Unseen Sunscreen does a great job of blurring pores and leaving skin with a nice matte finish. I must say I do prefer mineral sunscreens for longer days, but on busy days where I am not going to be outside a lot this is a nice option. I love that this isn't greasy or oily at all. If you have oily skin or large pores you might want to check this out. I also love that this has no noticeable scent, the chemical sunscreen smell dissipates quite quickly. My video review can be seen here:

on 5/24/2018 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Just bought this because I wanted to up my sunscreen game in the summer months. This feels like a primer--silicon-type consistency and also clear/transparent. Smooths on and doesn't cause my moisturizers or serums to ball up. It was not sticky, white or funky smelling--just went on smooth. I haven't used it long enough to know whether it causes breakouts or other issues, but I'll update when I've been using it for awhile. However, for the few days I have applied it, so far so good with no breakouts.
***Update 6/9/18: Breakout bonanza! Ugh--even on my chest. Very disappointing, and I'm returning it.

on 5/17/2018 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

So expensive ! However, it is not greasy at all. But i dont know if it is also protects skin from UVB as it doesnt say PA like any other sunscreens out there.

on 5/6/2018 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

What an expensive way to find out your skin reacts to chemical sunscreen. I’ve used products with chemical SPF included, but not as their main purpose. Based upon reading multiple reviews, I decided to give Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen a try; it was touted to not only be a sunscreen, but worked well as a primer.

Day one seemed to go well. I applied it over moisturizer and under Bare Minerals powder. As a primer, I was disappointed as the Bare Minerals didn’t blend the way it did with Laura Mercier. By day three, I noted itching on the edges of my face but really didn’t pay much attention. Day five, about an hour after application, itching started again, more intensely, and I noted some hives. I assumed I was reacting to a new laundry soap, so, of course, there was a day six. Day six brought hives, itching and a very strange surface breakout right under the skin. When I went to wash my face, it actually felt burned and sensitive and I had my lightbulb moment. Laundry soap was fine. There never was a day seven with this product and my face immediately cleared up with discontinuing usage.

I've been using the Supergoop! Mineral Sunscreen for a year or so and it's great. However I recently amped up my skin care routine and I now have a bunch of serums in my life. I bought this because you can apply it over serums and moisturizers without fear of it beading up or making your skin feel sticky. They don't lie. It really does well over serums and moisturizers. The consistency is not like any sunscreen I've ever used. If you've ever had the GU Energy Gel, it will remind you of the that but without any stickiness or smell. It really does just disappear into the skin. It doesn't make my skin red, irritated, oily, or anything else that I don't want to deal with.

It works well under my Becca Backlight Priming Filter and bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer Gel Cream. It works well with just the Becca Backlight on the days I just want a little something.

My only complaint is the cost. I cover my face, ears, neck, etc. So I find myself using this only on my face and I use the CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizer in all of the other places.

I live in New England and it's winter so I don't know what will happen come summer. I really like how this just seems to disappear...but so does my money. I may go back to the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence in the summer. I think it all depends if I'm going to be wearing any makeup or not. In my perfect world I would use the Unseen Sunscreen on the days that I'm going to wear makeup. I would use the Biore on days where I'm going to be outside in the heat and sweating but don't want to look greasy and I'm probably not wearing make up but don't need serious outdoor activity sun coverage. I would probably use the Supergoop Mineral option on days where my skin feels dry or sensitive and I may be applying make up a little bit later in the day. For any significant outdoor activity in the summer I use the regular Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen all over, including my face because it works so well and doesn't irritate my skin at all.

I know. So complicated. ha.

on 3/4/2018 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is $32 for only 1.7 ounces. Im tired of these ridiculous pricepoints for sunscreen. I have to put sunscreen on my face, neck, and chest minimum, not to mention hand, arms.. etc. and I want it to be a light matte finish EVERYWHERE. God. It will run out so fast.