MAC Studio Waterweight Concealer - NW20

MAC Studio Waterweight Concealer - NW20

2.8

I like this concealer, I have it in NW15 and it's great on my fair skin. I use it mainly on my undereye area. I find a tiny bit goes a long way. I only have to use a dab off the end of the applicator most of the time. I think I would waste product if I actually used the dropper. So although 9ml doesn't sound like a lot, I think this will last well. Its a pretty watery consistency, which I prefer over a heavy, creamy formula especially for my undereye area. The reason for 4 Star overall rating is that I do find that this creases veeeery slightly after about 3 hours. I haven't been using a primer, and I've been using a pretty cheap setting powder. Maybe trying it with a primer or a good quality setting powder would help. But I wish it would stay put on its own! Apart from that it's great.

I tried this because people loved it. Super liquidy and lots of coverage? Sounds like a higher coverage version of my beloved L'Oreal Pro Glow concealer. Sign me up!

I've tried it for a week straight. I was so excited to get this. And it does nothing for me. It's so hard to build up. Even when I get it built up, I have other concealers (L'Oreal) that work better for cheaper.

This is worse than the foundation on my dehydrated skin. It's super matte on me and looks horrible.

I'm only 31 but it the concealer highlights texture and fine wrinkles under my eyes. I've only had one other concealer look so horrible on me (NARS RCC). This is going back asap. I'm so happy I can get my money back!

on 3/11/2018 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this product because I’ve heard alot about the good coverage this product gives. The first time I tried it, I was really happy with the coverage. I have dark circles and this covered it up pretty good. I like the texture as well. You don’t expect a liquid concealer to have tis much coverage. Unfortunately, the one thing I don’t like about it is that it creases really fast. I’ve used it a bunch of times now and have set the product with different powders, with a brush or beautyblender but it still creases. Except from the creasing I do like this product but you have to set it with a good powder!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Man, do I ever have a LOT of concealers on the go! But I'm always, ALWAYS looking for something better (i.e. better coverage, easier application, less creasing, longer wear, natural - i.e. the concealer that doesn't exist!). I purchased this new concealer from MAC in the shade NW20 (I wish there was an NW 18 as 15 was too light and unnatural looking but 20 is just a hair darker than ideal) and I am pretty happy with it. I love the packaging - a small glass bottle with a dropper - shake it up well, I was told, before dispensing a drop or 2. Heck, I've not needed to dispense ANYTHING - just the tiniest "dab" of what's on the end of the dropper is enough. This concealer has unbelievably good coverage/pigmentation for something so liquid-y (though not as liquid-y as the name might suggest). Use too much and you will have trouble blending simply because it is so pigmented. And right now, I don't think I'd wear this on a rainy day or a sweaty, humid one because water seems to break it down very easily. But for a work day, I am really liking this concealer so far. The makeup artist told me that it can be used as foundation and that's been my solution for the times when I apply too much - I blend it down over my cheeks, where I have some redness anyway, and it does solve both problems. Worth a try if you are looking for a new concealer. Lots of colours to choose from and you can always ask for a sample.