3.7

price range

Reviews

1.0

a month ago

I mean, it's the internet. It seems almost pointless to say something popular broke you out because we're all so different and there's very little method to the madness. With this product, though, I feel compelled. I loved it... initially. Doesn't sting my eyes, doesn't leave me greasy, and goes on invisible. Gives my skin a nice glow, too. However... So. Many. Zits. In less than a week of use. Nothing else in my routine has changed. It's this. Yes, my skin is picky and hates a lot of products. But this one was exceptionally bad.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

8 months ago

I had a super-weird experience with this sunscreen. I was using Biore Watery Gel, which I liked, but heard the buzz that this was more moisturizing so I decided to try it out. It's a thin-consistency, white liquid, easy to apply and absorbs quickly. And yes - I felt it was more moisturizing than your typical Asian sunscreen. I thought I had found my new HG. A bit later, I started experiencing some weird skin issues, most notably the fact that I developed red/yellow scaly patches under the nose pads on my glasses. They would flake, get red and sore, go away, and then immediately come back. Even the doc was puzzled. After a process of elimination (including meds, creams, steroids, etc.), I decided (after thinking back to when this started) to take this out of the routine and voila! A few weeks later they went away for good. Back to Biore I went (which is great!. I noticed around this time I also started to experience some very dramatic cystic breakouts on my chin. Those have also subsequently went away. I don't have extremely reactive or sensitive skin, and most products don't break me out (except Philosophy Purity!). As always, YMMV. I wish it worked for me, because honestly I liked the finish, the moisturization, and how it wore really well under makeup (hence the 2 lippies). I have switched back to Biore but this time I'm using the Watery Essence, which I LOVE (new HG). For me, it's more moisturizing than the Gel, so I get what I wanted out of the Skin Aqua.

About reviewer (166 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

9 months ago

(Note: I love this, but the silicones broke me out with multiple whiteheads. If not for that, yes I would buy this product again). MY SKIN: I have very sensitive skin- I am acne prone (both bacterial and fungal). Seborrheic dermatitis on my face and scalp. Pale Caucasian. Skin texture is normal on my cheeks and eyes, but dry on my chin and forehead area. PROS: *Light-weight *Wears beautifully under liquid foundation, and acts as a nice primer *Quickly absorbs into skin *Water resistant *The silicone fills in my wrinkles *Fungal acne safe *Appears shiny at first, but dries to a sleek matte finish after 20 minutes *Great UVA/UVB protection *I dislike the product size, however this is great to fit in my purse for reapplying on the go CONS: *Silicones are not great for acne-prone people; causes bacterial breakouts *40 ml is not a lot of product, especially since you need to reapply after the 4 hour mark *Caused itchiness on my nose and chin area, which is also where I broke out I love this sunscreen. I am very saddened my skin reacts to it. I will use the rest of this formula on my neck and arms while I seek another SS facial alternative.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

1.0

a year ago

This sunscreen gave me one of the worst breakouts ever, and I didn’t even realize this was causing it until a few months in! This stuff felt so nice upon application. My face felt hydrated and plump. Foundation went on top of this very nicely. The price was fantastic too! It was the perfect sunscreen for me until... I noticed that my face was itchy all the time. There were bumps all over my face, mostly concentrated in my mouth region. They never came to a head and they were very deep rooted in my face. It looked extremely similar to fungal acne but I didn’t get it tested so I’m not 100% sure. Upon discontinuing this product, it took me 3 months to get rid of the bumps. I am scarred. never again. Back to my physical sunscreens.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

3.0

a year ago

Got this from YesStyle for $11 something. Cheaper than most US sunscreens! This is lightweight and goes on clear. Awesome. It didn't dry me out, exactly, but it must have a high % of zinc oxide in it, in addition to the very good UVA blocker Uvinul A plus. I don't do well with a lot of ZO. This sunscreen leaves a dry feeling on my face and fingertips. I expect it to be less annoying in summer, but in the winter, my fingertips feel like they are ready to split and bleed no matter how many times I wash them and use lotion. My neck felt dry. (Ever rub against vinyl siding and get that whitish gunk on your hands? Like that) On its own, this looks good, but I don't like it with makeup. The m/u drags and is hard to spread and blend. I had to rub it in a lot, but that ruins the sunscreen protection. It also highlighted and dried into every tiny little line on my face. I looked crepey even in spots that have no lines, like my chin and jaw area. This is why I stopped using Shiseido sunscreens. I like the protection. I didn't burn or freckle. I'll use this on no-makeup days and hot weather. But I don't like the feeling of it to buy again. I'm moving on to chemical-only types.

About reviewer (511 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

a year ago

This is a lovely sunscreen, but it didn’t work out for me. The mineral ingredients cause me to itch above my upper lip (weird, right?). But it’s lightweight, dries to a satin finish, and has excellent protection. I definitely would recommend it if mineral sunscreens don’t bother your skin.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

This is the absolute best sunscreen I've ever used, hands down. Keeps my skin moisturized and protected. I seriously love this stuff. Doesn't seem to break me out, doesn't smell, doesn't leave an awful white cast and makes my skin look dewy. There is a little bit of a white cast after I put it on but it's not as bad as many other sunscreens I've tried and it fades pretty quickly. I've continued to buy it for about 8 months. This stuff was great in the harsh desert spring/summer, and the muggy summer and cold winter here in the northeast. Awesome! Year plus update - still loving this stuff! It is HG for me. Favorite sunscreen ever.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Fine

a year ago

I've tried this only once as I just got it, but very impressed so far. My skin is on the dry side and I find a lot of mineral sunscreens uncomfortable. The Clinique Pep Start is one of the few which I don't find drying, but at $25 for 30 ml it's pretty pricey. This Japanese sunscreen has a watery milky texture and dries down to a satin finish. Makeup applies well over top without me using a primer, and it's supposed to be waterproof as well. It left a bit of a white cast but not nearly as strong as some I've tried. Best of all for me, it didn't dry out my skin but left it feeling more moisturized. I even got a bit oily around my nose as I do sometimes with moisturizers but I can live with that as it's preferable to having my skin feel tight all day.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

If I can give this 10 stars, I would! This has replaced my usual sunscreen from Replenix (ultimatte) and my usual shiseido for the summer. I get picky with sunscreens because my skin gets sensitive from chemical sunscreens and also break outs. I often opt for Asian sunscreens or European ones because they have more updated sunscreen technologies and are cosmetically elegant. Elta and Replenix are the only US sunscreens I have liked and they can get pretty pricey for something you use everyday. I want sunscreens that feel like they help with my skin, doesn’t get too oily or have a white cast, and feel like nothing on. I came across this sunscreen from the Simple skin care website and realized I had the same issues. So what do I love about this sunscreen? - feels light, like nothing on, with the right balance of hydration with hyaluronic acid. I can skip moisturizing, especially in the summer. -no white cast even if it has zinc oxide mineral sunscreen, which I always look for in sunscreens since it protects from UVB (skin cancer related) and UVA (aging related) -it has Uvinul A Plus, a stable chemical sunscreen that doesn’t degrade as much as avobenzone. - has arginine and also has no alcohol, surprising for an Asian sunscreen! - best part- it has HDBM- an antioxidant that supposedly is as good as Vitamin E - it reduces peroxidation, helps with acne inflammation and oily skin on top of scavenging free radicals— pretty fancy stuff! I’m on my third bottle and yes, it is tiny at 40ml for 9$, but my skin hasn’t had crazy breakouts despite sweating under the sun. It never pills if I apply makeup and I don’t get super oily during the day. I also want to mention it is easy to reapply even if it takes a while to dry, given that you only have sunscreen and not a full face of makeup. Suffice to say, I have bought back ups upon back ups because I never want to run out and it takes so long through amazon to get it from Japan. I highly recommend it and it truly deserves its 5 star rating!

About reviewer (116 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I’ve finally found my HG sunscreen! I never thought I could use a chemical SS due to my seborrheic dermatitis. I’d only tried US American SS, though, and wondered if maybe it was the avebenzone that I couldn’t tolerate (which Super Moisture Milk doesn’t have; it uses octinoxate, zinc oxide, and Uvinul A Plus as it’s UV filters). This SS had such great reviews and sounded perfect for my dry, sensitive skin, so I decided to give it a try. It works perfectly for me. After using it daily for over a week, here’s my assessment: Pros: - Doesn’t dry out skin, unlike mineral-only SS (note: Super Moisture Milk does contain zinc oxide). - Wonderful almost primer-like texture. - Lightly moisturizing. My skin is pretty dry, so I need to layer it on top of a moisturizer, but when I tried it by itself, I did notice it seemed to hydrate my dry skin pretty well. - Very fast dry-down time, particularly since it is alcohol-free. - My sensitive skin did not react to it. - SPF 50, PA++++ - Lightweight fluid that is easy to layer to get sufficient coverage. - Feels like having nothing on. - 40 ml bottle great for travel and testing the product out (it costs less than $10!). The bottle also has a great needle-nose on it that makes dispensing small amounts easy, which is perfect for what one needs when applying layers of SS to the face in sections. Cons: - May make darker skin tones look ashy (although it looks invisible on my pale skin, it does have zinc, which could show up on darker skin). - AFAIK, one cannot buy bottles larger than the 40 ml one.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

HairBlond, Straight, Fine