Skin Aqua - UV Super Moisture Milk SPF50+PA++++

Skin Aqua - UV Super Moisture Milk SPF50+PA++++

on 12/5/2018 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is the absolute best sunscreen I've ever used, hands down. Keeps my skin moisturized and protected. I seriously love this stuff. Doesn't seem to break me out, doesn't smell, doesn't leave an awful white cast and makes my skin look dewy. There is a little bit of a white cast after I put it on but it's not as bad as many other sunscreens I've tried and it fades pretty quickly. I've continued to buy it for about 8 months. This stuff was great in the harsh desert spring/summer, and the muggy summer and cold winter here in the northeast. Awesome!

on 10/1/2018 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've tried this only once as I just got it, but very impressed so far. My skin is on the dry side and I find a lot of mineral sunscreens uncomfortable. The Clinique Pep Start is one of the few which I don't find drying, but at $25 for 30 ml it's pretty pricey. This Japanese sunscreen has a watery milky texture and dries down to a satin finish. Makeup applies well over top without me using a primer, and it's supposed to be waterproof as well. It left a bit of a white cast but not nearly as strong as some I've tried. Best of all for me, it didn't dry out my skin but left it feeling more moisturized. I even got a bit oily around my nose as I do sometimes with moisturizers but I can live with that as it's preferable to having my skin feel tight all day.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If I can give this 10 stars, I would! This has replaced my usual sunscreen from Replenix (ultimatte) and my usual shiseido for the summer. I get picky with sunscreens because my skin gets sensitive from chemical sunscreens and also break outs. I often opt for Asian sunscreens or European ones because they have more updated sunscreen technologies and are cosmetically elegant. Elta and Replenix are the only US sunscreens I have liked and they can get pretty pricey for something you use everyday. I want sunscreens that feel like they help with my skin, doesn’t get too oily or have a white cast, and feel like nothing on. I came across this sunscreen from the Simple skin care website and realized I had the same issues. So what do I love about this sunscreen?

- feels light, like nothing on, with the right balance of hydration with hyaluronic acid. I can skip moisturizing, especially in the summer.
-no white cast even if it has zinc oxide mineral sunscreen, which I always look for in sunscreens since it protects from UVB (skin cancer related) and UVA (aging related)
-it has Uvinul A Plus, a stable chemical sunscreen that doesn’t degrade as much as avobenzone.
- has arginine and also has no alcohol, surprising for an Asian sunscreen!
- best part- it has HDBM- an antioxidant that supposedly is as good as Vitamin E - it reduces peroxidation, helps with acne inflammation and oily skin on top of scavenging free radicals— pretty fancy stuff!

I’m on my third bottle and yes, it is tiny at 40ml for 9$, but my skin hasn’t had crazy breakouts despite sweating under the sun. It never pills if I apply makeup and I don’t get super oily during the day. I also want to mention it is easy to reapply even if it takes a while to dry, given that you only have sunscreen and not a full face of makeup. Suffice to say, I have bought back ups upon back ups because I never want to run out and it takes so long through amazon to get it from Japan. I highly recommend it and it truly deserves its 5 star rating!

on 11/29/2017 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’ve finally found my HG sunscreen! I never thought I could use a chemical SS due to my seborrheic dermatitis. I’d only tried US American SS, though, and wondered if maybe it was the avebenzone that I couldn’t tolerate (which Super Moisture Milk doesn’t have; it uses octinoxate, zinc oxide, and Uvinul A Plus as it’s UV filters). This SS had such great reviews and sounded perfect for my dry, sensitive skin, so I decided to give it a try. It works perfectly for me. After using it daily for over a week, here’s my assessment:
Pros:
- Doesn’t dry out skin, unlike mineral-only SS (note: Super Moisture Milk does contain zinc oxide).
- Wonderful almost primer-like texture.
- Lightly moisturizing. My skin is pretty dry, so I need to layer it on top of a moisturizer, but when I tried it by itself, I did notice it seemed to hydrate my dry skin pretty well.
- Very fast dry-down time, particularly since it is alcohol-free.
- My sensitive skin did not react to it.
- SPF 50, PA++++
- Lightweight fluid that is easy to layer to get sufficient coverage.
- Feels like having nothing on.
- 40 ml bottle great for travel and testing the product out (it costs less than $10!). The bottle also has a great needle-nose on it that makes dispensing small amounts easy, which is perfect for what one needs when applying layers of SS to the face in sections.

Cons:
- May make darker skin tones look ashy (although it looks invisible on my pale skin, it does have zinc, which could show up on darker skin).
- AFAIK, one cannot buy bottles larger than the 40 ml one.

on 11/7/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wasn't thrilled with a similar formula I purchased from Rhoto. Thus I assumed I would hate this & put off buying it for a while despite all the raves I've heard from my skincare friends. Well, I finally gave in & it's been a pleasant surprise. I will be repurchasing more this week so that I don't run out once this bottle is used up.

If you've followed my posts you'll know I am a sunscreen junkie & like to try all on the market. There's been more fails than I can count. Not all SS are created equally so if by chance you try this & dislike it, keep going. You'll find some you like eventually. I know I have.

Pros:
-Alcohol-free. (This is hard to find in Asian SS)
-More sensitive skin friendly than a lot of the formulas on the market. My rosacea does not flare using this even though it's a combo UV filter SS.
-0 White cast despite having a high zinc oxide content.
-Great UV protection.
-Thin consistency, never cakey.
-Hasn't broken me out.
-Plays BEAUTIFULLY with my matte foundations, doesn't ball up upon application.
-Makes my make up look more natural due to dewiness.
-Price is fair.

Cons:
-Longer dry down time. (This is likely due to being alcohol-free.)
-More emollient finish than a lot of milk formulas. If you are oily you might want to save this for winter time or just skip to the Biore milk formulas that tend to have more of a powder-y finish.

on 10/27/2017 4:50:00 PM

This review is for Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Milk SPF50 PA++++ (man./dist. by Rohto Japan) in the 40mL golden-yellow tube similar in look and style to many of the Asian sunscreen brands, such as Bioré and has a thin, liquidy consisnteny. Moving on ...
So at looong last I think I've finally found my HG high protection SS for my face! Seriously. I'm over the moon.
For the first time ever, i feel like I'm wearing little to no SS, isn't making my skin feel hot or itchy hours later, no white cast, is actually moisturizing for a SS, no breakouts at all as almost every sunscreen breaks out my otherwise non-acneic skin (actually, if I have on sunscreen, my skin magically turns acneic, so nevermind, lol). No strong alcohol scent like most Asian SS I've tried which tend to eventually inflame/irritate my skin and bring on ruddy/rosacean cheeks and nose.

I've literally tried them all - Vichy )both EU and US), Umbrelle, Eucarin, Biore UV Perfect Milk 50++++, Nivea Sun Protect Plus UV Milky Essence (good but developed itchiness and a rash, sadly), Shiseido, Ducray Melascreen (great but too heavy for my face- love for hands and chest though), LRP (both EU and US), Bioderma PhotoMaxx and Aqua Dry Touch (the only other one which doesnt irritate or cause breakouts but makes my cheeks really HOT unless I use it very sparingly, plus can feel heavy/unbreathable when humid outside), L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Cotz, Zinc, SolBar, PTR, stupid Goop!, etc etc. Skinceuticals (another fave but in hot weather it sweats off/dissipates too quickly so don't trust it if outside a lot as I'm into hiking, backpacking, swimming so lots of sun exposure which this doesn't work for), This also doesn't seem to be settling into my pores or fine lines.
I'm absolutely not-affiliated - been on MUA since 2007 and am more than happy to post back if I experience any future negatives of this product. I'm just so HAPPY to have finally found something that works. Yay!