Skin Aqua - UV Super Moisture Milk SPF50+PA++++

No Image

on 11/29/2017 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’ve finally found my HG sunscreen! I never thought I could use a chemical SS due to my seborrheic dermatitis. I’d only tried US American SS, though, and wondered if maybe it was the avebenzone that I couldn’t tolerate (which Super Moisture Milk doesn’t have; it uses octinoxate, zinc oxide, and Uvinul A Plus as it’s UV filters). This SS had such great reviews and sounded perfect for my dry, sensitive skin, so I decided to give it a try. It works perfectly for me. After using it daily for over a week, here’s my assessment:
Pros:
- Doesn’t dry out skin, unlike mineral-only SS (note: Super Moisture Milk does contain zinc oxide).
- Wonderful almost primer-like texture.
- Lightly moisturizing. My skin is pretty dry, so I need to layer it on top of a moisturizer, but when I tried it by itself, I did notice it seemed to hydrate my dry skin pretty well.
- Very fast dry-down time, particularly since it is alcohol-free.
- My sensitive skin did not react to it.
- SPF 50, PA++++
- Lightweight fluid that is easy to layer to get sufficient coverage.
- Feels like having nothing on.
- 40 ml bottle great for travel and testing the product out (it costs less than $10!). The bottle also has a great needle-nose on it that makes dispensing small amounts easy, which is perfect for what one needs when applying layers of SS to the face in sections.

Cons:
- May make darker skin tones look ashy (although it looks invisible on my pale skin, it does have zinc, which could show up on darker skin).
- AFAIK, one cannot buy bottles larger than the 40 ml one.

on 11/7/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wasn't thrilled with a similar formula I purchased from Rhoto. Thus I assumed I would hate this & put off buying it for a while despite all the raves I've heard from my skincare friends. Well, I finally gave in & it's been a pleasant surprise. I will be repurchasing more this week so that I don't run out once this bottle is used up.

If you've followed my posts you'll know I am a sunscreen junkie & like to try all on the market. There's been more fails than I can count. Not all SS are created equally so if by chance you try this & dislike it, keep going. You'll find some you like eventually. I know I have.

Pros:
-Alcohol-free. (This is hard to find in Asian SS)
-More sensitive skin friendly than a lot of the formulas on the market. My rosacea does not flare using this even though it's a combo UV filter SS.
-0 White cast despite having a high zinc oxide content.
-Great UV protection.
-Thin consistency, never cakey.
-Hasn't broken me out.
-Plays BEAUTIFULLY with my matte foundations, doesn't ball up upon application.
-Makes my make up look more natural due to dewiness.
-Price is fair.

Cons:
-Longer dry down time. (This is likely due to being alcohol-free.)
-More emollient finish than a lot of milk formulas. If you are oily you might want to save this for winter time or just skip to the Biore milk formulas that tend to have more of a powder-y finish.

on 10/27/2017 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This review is for Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Milk SPF50 PA++++ (man./dist. by Rohto Japan) in the 40mL golden-yellow tube similar in look and style to many of the Asian sunscreen brands, such as Bioré and has a thin, liquidy consisnteny. Moving on ...
So at looong last I think I've finally found my HG high protection SS for my face! Seriously. I'm over the moon.
For the first time ever, i feel like I'm wearing little to no SS, isn't making my skin feel hot or itchy hours later, no white cast, is actually moisturizing for a SS, no breakouts at all as almost every sunscreen breaks out my otherwise non-acneic skin (actually, if I have on sunscreen, my skin magically turns acneic, so nevermind, lol). No strong alcohol scent like most Asian SS I've tried which tend to eventually inflame/irritate my skin and bring on ruddy/rosacean cheeks and nose.

I've literally tried them all - Vichy )both EU and US), Umbrelle, Eucarin, Biore UV Perfect Milk 50++++, Nivea Sun Protect Plus UV Milky Essence (good but developed itchiness and a rash, sadly), Shiseido, Ducray Melascreen (great but too heavy for my face- love for hands and chest though), LRP (both EU and US), Bioderma PhotoMaxx and Aqua Dry Touch (the only other one which doesnt irritate or cause breakouts but makes my cheeks really HOT unless I use it very sparingly, plus can feel heavy/unbreathable when humid outside), L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Cotz, Zinc, SolBar, PTR, stupid Goop!, etc etc. Skinceuticals (another fave but in hot weather it sweats off/dissipates too quickly so don't trust it if outside a lot as I'm into hiking, backpacking, swimming so lots of sun exposure which this doesn't work for), This also doesn't seem to be settling into my pores or fine lines.
I'm absolutely not-affiliated - been on MUA since 2007 and am more than happy to post back if I experience any future negatives of this product. I'm just so HAPPY to have finally found something that works. Yay!