China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

Filtered by hair type : Other
China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

4.2

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Awakening (China Glaze) is part of the brand's core collection, I think- at least from the displays I've seen it seems to be. It is a pretty shifter though it's probably a love it or hate it kind of polish. I can't pin the color down though my camera seems to think that pink, gold, and purple seem to be in the running. I did a wikipedia color search and a mix of rose and mauve seems to be the closest approximate. Sort of. It's not exactly a color that calms down long enough for me to pin it down. With all that, it still manages to be subtle and not at all outrageous for all its depth. Application was simple and straightforward and I was done in two coats. If you like this sort of color, get it!

I absolutely love this color. The goldish plum really looks like and reminds me of a Summer sunset. I can see this color becoming a staple this year in the hotter months. I can see awakening as a Autumn color as well, since golds and purples tend to be associated with that season.

The coolest thing about this color is how different it looks under different lights. Sometimes the gold looks more apparent and sometimes the plum is more apparent. It's really unique; really like two colors in one.

When applying this polish, I had very little problems with streaking. Sometimes I can be a klutz when it comes to nail polish, so sometimes I tend to use a little too much polish at once. If you use too much polish, you will experience streaking. Otherwise, it should be completely fine.

One thing I've noticed with the China Glaze nail polishes is how they dry so quickly. With one coat, it takes about 3 minutes to dry. With two coats, it takes about 10 minutes. I really love that.

The polish's lasting power is pretty decent. There was no chipping at all for at least 3 days, which is the perfect time span for me, since I like to switch colors often.

Overall, I really love this nail polish. It's a very unique and pretty color!

on 10/25/2009 2:46:00 PM

My favorite Fall polish! Awakening is a beautiful rosy gold polish . It looks pink from certain angles, almost fuchsia, but when the light hits the gold shimmer it looks like the polish glows! I love this color! The staying power is excellent. Several coats plus a top coat and it resists chipping for several days, which is unheard of for me! Excellent, I would rebuy over and over!

on 12/27/2006 7:09:00 PM

I am absolutely delighted with this polish. So beautiful & unique. Almost mauve or rose with a gold flash. It applied well, very smoothly, no streaking issues. However with all China Glaze that I have used, dry time is extremely sloooow. That leads to dents & dings. But, the color is so unique & one of the few "gold" polishes that I can wear with my skin tone that I would not hesitate to buy it. (RIS from another sweet mua member).

This was my very first China Glaze purchase, and I'm not disappointed! First of all, I really like the consistency of this polish - it's not too thick, not too thin. Application is smooth and even, with no streaking. As for pigmentation of this particular color, I'd say it's quite good. I could have gotten away with just one coat, honestly, but I applied two coats mostly out of habit, I think. Although the second coat does intensify the color a bit.

As for the actual color of this polish, that's a little difficult to describe. It really depends on the lighting you're in at any given moment. In the bottle, it looks sort of purple-ish with some gold and amber tones to it, and tiny golden micro-glitters. In certain lighting conditions, you can detect flashes of pink and lilac...in other lighting conditions you get more gold and amber. I'm super impressed with China Glaze Awakening - it's unlike any other polish I own, or have seen for that matter. This one is a definite repurchase, as long as it's still available. continued >>

Popular Polishes