China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

Filtered by skin type : Dry
China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

on 2/24/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

China Glaze Awakening is a shimmery dusty rose/mauve with a heavy gold flash. The gold duochrome in this one gives it almost a metallic finish. It also blends with the plum undertones of the base color making it dusty/bordering on muddy. This color was almost a coppery rose on my pale complexion with yellow undertones. While I don't absolutely hate it, I certainly don't love it because of the dustiness and metallic finish. (If this color were just the base with no gold in it, I'd love it!) The application was very good with total opacity at only two coats. The formula was thin but not runny and went exactly where I wanted it to. Wear time was also very good at four days with no chips and Seche Vite as my top coat. All in all, this is not a bad color, just one that I will not buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful, but hard-to-describe color. I would say a rose base with gold shimmer, that changes to gold, a darker rose, and every once in a while lavender/lilac. Application is excellent, no streakiness to mention and true to bottle in 2 coats.

on 10/24/2005 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently expanded my polish collection by adding about 15 China Glaze shades and I'm slowly getting through them. The polish goes on wonderfully smooth, no streaks or globs. This color is gorgeous and super unique. I have on two coats and its a golden rose with purple undertone. If you like out of the ordinary colors, you MUST have this one! It would look great year 'round too.

on 1/5/2003 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

China Glaze is a terrific nail polish brand!! Their colors are awesome and they go on SO SO SMOOTHLY and so easily!!Their bottles are very well designed and comfortable to handle.They last quite long on nails and don't chip off easily.Also, for such a great quality, their prices are very interesting!!A very good quality nail polish for a very reasonable price!Great deal!!!!
This color in particular-Awakening- is SUPER UNIQUE!!I've never seen anything like this before!!! (and I'm a nail polish junkie...and yet this is the only one with this color!).If you look at it from the outside, when it's still in the bottle, it looks like sort of a shimmery/pearled dark orange/brown, but then if you look closer you can spot reddish/pinkish accents!When you put it on your nails, it looks incredible! Sometimes it'll look like golden copper and then it'll look like a shimmery orange with dark tones...I'm having difficulties trying to describe it, that's how unique and beautiful this color is!!!
Look for it and you'll want to have it right away!!!!The color's # is: 2203