Chanel Gabrielle

Chanel Gabrielle

2.6

To be honest all I have to say about this is that the grand Mademoiselle herself, Gabrielle Coco Chanel, would NOT approve of this shrinking violet of a perfume. It's totally unworthy of having the Chanel logo on it as far as I'm concerned...

Bland, boring, generic, vapid, girly etc all the things that Chanel utterly detested and never stood for. This is maybe alright for a 17 year old girl who isn't ready for a real Chanel fragrance yet but quite frankly she probably doesn't have the $130 to spend on a fragrance anyways. And don't get me started on the cringeable promo ads with Kristen Stewart.

SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT.

on 11/20/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I get artificial flowery-fruity notes, citrus and grapefruit, mandarine and more melon and peach than tuberose and Jasmin.
It's perfect for office use since it is very nondescript, run of the mill and weak. Nobody would be offended by it
There are better drugstore perfumes for a fraction of the cost of this one. Very disappointing.

on 10/30/2017 6:22:00 PM

I liked this at first, but after a few minutes it becomes overpowering.

on 11/7/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My first and all time favorite from Chanel has always been Coco. Yes I have #5 too but it has always taken a back burner to Coco. Now enters Gabrielle. I just had to have the large bottle! I got a generous sample and used it sparingly until I could buy a bottle. Chanel did put the price up there for this perfume but it is so worth it for me. I do not understand all the negative reviews here on MUA but to each their own. I find this fragrance last a very long time on myself and when I told the sales Rep. about the reviews here and how so many say they cannot smell it after a couple of hours, she said that it last a really long time on herself too. I used the last of my sample last evening a few hours before bed and the beautiful scent is still lingering on my skin and clothes at 10:00 A.M. this morning. The notes are listed as exotic jasmine with the fruity green notes of ylang-ylang, while fresh and sparkling orange blossom shines through, offering a glimpse of Grasse tuberose. The ad goes on to say, before creating the House of CHANEL, Coco was Gabrielle. A rebel at heart, passionate and free. So I take this to mean that the lady Coco Chanel's real name was Gabrielle? This is a feminine scent that is very rich from the first spray to the dry down. The bottle is not that impressive to my style but rather pretty much like the other Chanel bottles like Coco and #5. The scent is what I just had to have in my collection, just so beautiful.

on 10/27/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Initially when I heard Chanel was finally releasing a new pillar fragrance, I was excited. At first I found it to be fairly linear and pretty. Now that I have had time to spend with the fragrance, I really just find it to be kind of dull and boring. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but this is a fairly basic floral scent. If you like floral scents, you may love this. For me, it doesn't seem very exciting and isn't long lasting. I guess we will wait for the inevitable flankers and see if that reveals anything more interesting than this.

on 10/29/2017 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I love Chanel fragrances and I'm surprised by the other reviews. That said, everyone seems to like Chance and Coco Mdme and I find THOSE to be boring and uninspired. Coco is my forever scent ... second would be Coromandel and down the line with Allure, No. 5, No. 22, Boy, and Cristalle. Anyhow, I love Gabrielle. I've had it since release so waited this long to review. This does last on my skin, unlike many fragrances. As I tend towards orientals, this is my favorite all-out feminine scent. The bottle is gorgeous (though I don't buy based on packaging!). Somehow I feel this one came out the gate with people not wanting to like it.... if you like Chanel fragrances, give this a try... get a sample... I still have the tester card from pre-launch in my purse and it still smells divine. It's still too early to say but I actually think this one will land as my #2 fave Chanel fragrance just after Coco. It's that good.

on 10/17/2017 9:57:00 AM

What a bust! I was eagerly awaiting this thinking it's going to be great and it's anything but. It's not a nice scent in any way and it lasts only for about 1 hour making it seem like it's a cheap drugstore scent rather than a high end product. Not recommended.

on 10/27/2017 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Disappointed! This new scent doesn’t last long and I expect that quality from Chanel. This fragrance couldn’t passed the “test”; someone needs to be fired cause their nose not working right. As a loyal customer I am peeved!! Save your money my fellow “Beauty Beads”. Chanel did us so wrong.

on 10/23/2017 12:37:00 PM

Boooooorrrring. Horrible disappointment. Chanel should be absolutely ashamed. When customers go to Chanel, we are expecting the unsurpassed quality, classy, elite, supremely blended fragrance that justifies paying the big bucks. This is NOT that... it's not... Chanel. It's a mundane, generic, fragrance lacking personality and completely devoid of any silage or longevity whatsoever.

Get it together, Chanel.

on 10/20/2017 2:07:00 PM

Sad to see Chanel entering the vulgarity of mass intended boredom! Just a paradoxal joke it is named Gabrielle while she was the force behind picking master pieces like Chanel 5, Cuir de Russie, Bois des Iles... some will say this is "contemporary". Yet all, including those, know this is simply comercial and utterly banal!

Popular Fragrances